Nexzil win the night tournement!

Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
Great game nexzil!

Comments

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    How old are you?

Lock in three, two...
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    A perfectly good server, somehow goes bogus twice?

We did not forfeit.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Somehow, I feel that when teams get all good and practice etc, its pretty much down to who starts as Marines ... being able to build off infestation is pretty powerful, powernodes cost 5 res maybe?
  • salorsalor Join Date: 2004-02-21 Member: 26771Members
    Too bad.. ;(

On the second restart (3rd and last try of second game), nxl was holding up pretty well. I think they still had a pretty good chance to win it...but oh well..maybe another day...
  • KaptajnKLOKaptajnKLO Join Date: 2012-06-25 Member: 153658Members
    Fana: <a href="http://ogeeku.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/southpark-wow-2.jpg" target="_blank">http://ogeeku.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/...hpark-wow-2.jpg</a>

How else can he be so good? =D
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    ah well, final tomorrow, ggs all teams :) lets all hf tomorrow!

Also, sorry things got heated, obviously someone that hates NS is trying to mess this up, lets not let em pull the community apart!

Apologies and free hugs all round.
  • {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    What is this I don't even
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Did someone really DDOS the server? I find that hard to believe. At least, why is it worth the effort?
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1974112:date=Sep 8 2012, 02:56 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Sep 8 2012, 02:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974112"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How old are you?

Lock in three, two...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Do you like anyone, or anything? Besides yourself that is....
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Do you not post troll posts? Besides everything you've ever posted that is...

Also, nexzil winning? Really? WTF fana? Y U NO CARRY?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    They didnt win anything... games ended in 1-1..
    Just someone trying to feel better about loosing 4 games in a row that counted for nothing due to crashes
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    They didn't win. The score is 1-1 after the first map (arc lost marine to a baserush while spawncamping the alien hive). After that there was some server-related drama that I don't think there's any point in talking about now, that led to the match being called a forfeit win for Archaea.

We tried playing the second map regardless of that, a bit later in the evening, but unfortunately the server crashed three times, on two different servers, while in the middle of the third round, seemingly because of some sort of hacking or bug abuse that caused the servers to shut down, and we weren't able to finish the game.

It'll hopefully end up being played tomorrow at 18 CET. Provided the servers don't get h4x0r'd again.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Honestly, our last game was going to be an awesome game. We had 2 cc marines vs regen/adren fade spam. The server crap was a real shame.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    I agree, it died at a great/terrible point. I really wanted to see how that played out. It could have gone either way.
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    edited September 2012
    After watching the game, it looked like nxzl had another 2 minutes before they could get fades right when 4 JP,SG,GL marines were flying into an empty cargo hive with all the aliens out of position.

Those skulks would of had to kill pretty much all of the cargo marines to even get fades with blink out. Although they could of got one fade early if they dropped an egg, but blink wouldn't of been done for another minute so I doubt they were going to do that.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    No servers failing this time. GGs guys :)
  • havok?havok? Join Date: 2012-05-22 Member: 152462Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1974108:date=Sep 8 2012, 03:49 PM:name=Hunter.S.T.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hunter.S.T. @ Sep 8 2012, 03:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974108"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Great game nexzil!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The prophecy has been fulfilled.
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    Great game all, i just wanna give a big thanks that i forgot to say in the stream.

<b>Massive thank you to inversion, for sticking around for us last night to practise on veil, we never play it man, and we definatly needed the practise against a pro team like you guys.</b>
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    Great play by both teams, congratulations Nexil, enjoy the victory!
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Good watch guys, want to see more.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Here's the archive link of their two games from today:
    <a href="http://www.twitch.tv/blindns2/b/331622509" target="_blank">http://www.twitch.tv/blindns2/b/331622509</a>

Really great games Nexzil. I think Blind underestimates you guys. Your early game in the first round was very strong. Got a little weak at mid-game when the fades came out, but you guys held it together. I think by the time the marine com crashed out, you guys already were on your way to the win. :)

Second game was beautiful as well. Basically mirror strategies, but I noticed that many of the RTs stayed empty in this game. I believe that playing more conservatively in this way is what gave you guys the leg up and allowed you to pressure the aliens more effectively than arc did in their game as marines since you didn't have to keep recapping. You only held the RTs you knew you could hold without contest.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Our fade play was definitely a little weak. Then again, fading against the best shooters in the game is hard as hell.
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    edited September 2012
    Amazing games indeed. Yes, maybe I underestimated Nexzil there, but there was really a huge difference between both teams playing yesterday and today methinks. Also game 1 (edit: Game 1 today, overall Game 3) was a bit closer than Hunter stated in the after-interview from my perspective. But anyways, I leave that discussion to the players (:P), nice games, good job and grats for taking the cup!

And isn't it generally better to be underestimated in a strategic context? ;-)

Btw just cut the 2 games, above link is for the whole thing including downtime. If someone just wants to see the matches, I put them here
    Game 3: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gg6T-Rpk8A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gg6T-Rpk8A</a>
    Game 4: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnSI6u1LSU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnSI6u1LSU</a>
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    congratulations to both teams on all the good games.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2012
    GG guys, I especially enjoyed the sneaky ninja PG in cargo!
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1974562:date=Sep 9 2012, 07:24 PM:name=blind)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blind @ Sep 9 2012, 07:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974562"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Amazing games indeed. Yes, maybe I underestimated Nexzil there, but there was really a huge difference between both teams playing yesterday and today methinks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, arc has won against nexzil in every practice match we've played, so this was an unexpected result. No idea why we played so badly today, but kudos to nexzil for keeping faith and performing well when it mattered.

Typical that the server crashes/gets hacked three times in a row when we are clearly winning our marine round, but not the one round when we play poorly. Sometimes suspect that the guy upstairs has it in for us!
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Some brilliant games there. Well played. And an awesome tournament overall.
  • MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1974585:date=Sep 9 2012, 10:59 AM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Sep 9 2012, 10:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974585"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, arc has won against nexzil in every practice match we've played, so this was an unexpected result. No idea why we played so badly today, but kudos to nexzil for keeping faith and performing well when it mattered.

Typical that the server crashes/gets hacked three times in a row when we are clearly winning our marine round, but not the one round when we play poorly. Sometimes suspect that the guy upstairs has it in for us!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It was just unlucky. Being crashed at 3 winning games in a row is bitter. I felt really sorry although i am completely neutral. Actually i am sure noone can disagree that Arc dominated every final match of yesterday, regardless of ping or something. However, what important is that Nexzil played today actually much much better than yesterday and actually relatively dominated whole two matches. Nexzil was lucky, of course, but they were better today and they deserved to win.

By the way, i hope you win next tournament without unluck, crash. Just by your awesome domination. I was also sad cos those crashes reminded me unstable stage of Company of Heroes and me struggling to fight against crashes rather than opponent.
  • {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    The favoritism is pretty disgusting. We had the alien game yesterday when the server crashed on us. Suggesting we had anything to do with server crashes makes me sick.

How does swapping out our players seem unfair?
This discussion has been closed.