Stuck between rock and hard place

DrDopehatDrDopehat Join Date: 2009-09-04 Member: 68696Members
edited September 2012 in New Player Forum
So hello everyone,

I have been part of this wonderful experience for as long as I can remember..since way before arcs, grenade launchers, onos, even before mini cysts, since before even fades..and back when the fade blink was literally a thing you had to target where you wanted to land and was instant in its travel (fun times!) and so forth.
Now I've enjoyed my time and indeed I've really had a unique chance to see this great game evolve from very troubled, to extraordinarily beautiful at the hands of these great developers (and for that I thank them, it is shaping up very very nicely!)..however here comes my problem:

The version I got, through no fault of my own actually..wasn't the special edition (although that *was* what I ordered back then..but something went wrong. I didn't complain though, I didn't take it as a big deal then and went along happily)..and now a deluxe version is coming out, also with a unique ingame model...am I doomed to be passed by, by both things? Am I essentially "forced" to buy *another* version of the game if I want in on this? :(

I don't mean to sound super sad (though I am! :( ) or like I'm feeling like I'm not really part of the party. I don't mind supporting the game further ( I have bought a few copies of the game just to give out to some friends - Thats NOT to say though that I deserve anything for doing that! Thats not what I'm saying! Was my choice and my choice alone)

Thank you for your replies :)

- DrHat

Comments

• rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    If you ordered and payed for the special edition way back when and didn't receive it, you should email either UWE or Humble Bundle (if they even handle the keys anymore?) with your receipt/confirmation email and hopefully they can get you sorted out..

And the deluxe edition armor- you should get that no matter what. Everyone who pre-orders will get it in October on game release.
  • DrDopehatDrDopehat Join Date: 2009-09-04 Member: 68696Members
    I ordered the special edition, but got (and paid for) a "regular" edition I suppose..I don't know what went wrong, but back then it didn't matter so much to me, I was just happy being part of the whole thing. So "legally" I have no foot to stand on ..I admit there is a slight hint of hoping UWE will hear my pathetic whine and help me out, but I'm not counting on it (I don't even have any reason to think they would..its just silly hope).
    The "pre-order" I bought was way back in..2009 or some such.

Thanks anyway
  • BVKnightBVKnight Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147496Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1973678:date=Sep 7 2012, 04:26 PM:name=DrDopehat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrDopehat @ Sep 7 2012, 04:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973678"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I ordered the special edition, but got (and paid for) a "regular" edition I suppose..I don't know what went wrong, but back then it didn't matter so much to me, I was just happy being part of the whole thing. So "legally" I have no foot to stand on ..I admit there is a slight hint of hoping UWE will hear my pathetic whine and help me out, but I'm not counting on it (I don't even have any reason to think they would..its just silly hope).
    The "pre-order" I bought was way back in..2009 or some such.

Thanks anyway<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You will get the deluxe edition, with all the deluxe armor and all the little extras. You will also get AT LEAST one free copy of the game to give out, possibly more since you ordered multiple copies. I don't think UWE has made their stance clear on that point yet. However, each copy that you gave to your friends, if you bought it before NS2 went on Steam, will ALSO be upgraded to the deluxe edition. They might even get a free copy of their own to give away (it will either go to them or you, not both).

Everybody wins!
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited September 2012
    There was another key emailed IIRC you had to use, one for the game and one for the armor. Do you still have the old emails?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hi there.

When you bought the Special Edition, you will have got emailed 2 different CD Keys. 1 is NS2 Standard, and the second is Black Armor DLC Key.

If you only received the standard one, use this tool to get your black armor key (works for all keys): <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>

Note you will only receive keys you have paid for, so if you accidently bought and paid for standard, that's what you'll get.

Thanks!