DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• eLboteLbot Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159229Members
    Is there simply no chance of having this white-listed? If we stop being filtered because of this then I'll certainly continue to use it; but as you say it's a costly decision for an OP to be filtered out. There are many, many parts of this kit that add functionality that I just don't think we'll ever see on a default server instance. The increased logging is a godsend to me.
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I for one would use it whether it is whitelisted or not (although I would much prefer for it to be whitelisted - easier to find!).

There are some core features in the mod that to me are vital in allowing the server to be mostly self-run by the players (vote, etc.) and for monitoring (logging features as mentioned by eLbot) etc.
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If the most popular servers use this mod UWE will change the default filtering option....
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ideally yes but its hard to have populated servers if your getting filtered out by default, imo...
    About the next version of Dak, will it be possible to reset or quit the server process (like in builds previous to 225)?
    Or if someone knows, it is possible to modify a lua file to make the server webadmin accept the "exit" commands though its "rcon" field?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    If your talking about the sv_killserver command, it was using a bug that they fixed in that build (but they still didnt fix appending files) :<.

I think the exit command is engine level so thats not something I can modify.

If you guys have any other suggestions for commands, or things that should be logged let me know and I can add them.
    Someway to set a timelimit per map would be nice. When timelimite reaches, the games is declared stalement, all players are moves to readyroom and 10 second later the map changes. I was entering my server yesterday and they were playing the same map for 89 minutes :). Three hives, two cc's and back and forth with pushes from both sides. No one killing the cc's or the hives. :)
  • TripleTriple Join Date: 2007-06-18 Member: 61290Members
    edited November 2012
    Does this mod still work with release build??? i tried installing it and follow intructions couldnt seem to get it to work :/
    It should, installation has changed slightly as you should be able to select the mod using webadmin, or adding -mods 5f4f178 and making sure its set as a mod in the mapcycle.json.

Is there any errors your getting? Or just not seeing the mod load?
    edited November 2012
    no i'm not getting any errors just dosnt load as if nothing was there. i put the -mods 5f4f178 in shortcut command but it always redownloads everytime i start server and resets everything to default witch means no self motd or nothing and in mapcycle it already has "mods": [ "5f4f178" ]

And thanks a lot for your help and support in your own script :)

OK so i was trying other things and i finally got a message:
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->Hashed 2 *.shader_template files for consistency
    [Server] Script Error #1: lua/DAKLoader.lua:22: attempt to call field 'GetAdminP
    ath' (a nil value)
        Call stack:
        #1: lua/DAKLoader.lua:22
            settings =  {groups= { }, users= { } }<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--> saying it failed to get admin path?? admin path is default
    That sounds like an old version of DAK is being loaded. Your not still trying to load DAK with -game DAK or anything else right?

Did you check the adminpath for a DAKconfig.json file? The Default is %appdata%/natural selection 2
    but i downloaded the version from your topic like 2-3 days ago ( <a href="http://www.duplexgaming.co.uk/downloads/mods/116/dak/" target="_blank">http://www.duplexgaming.co.uk/downloads/mods/116/dak/</a> )

yeah it has dakconfig.json in the adminpath %appdata%/natural selection 2 but its not running it. did i maybe miss something?

this is two ways how i tried it:
    first i downloaded from the website it i placed items lua and game_setup.xml in ns2server/ns2/ then the config files i placed them in natural selection 2 folder from appdata and i got that error i showed above so that didnt work.

another way i always tried was putting -mods 5f4f178 in server shortcut command it finally worked and everything but when i shut down the server to edit motd, and config settings and then i start up the server again it redownloads the mod i guess and replaces everything back to default. :/
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You are using the very older method to install mods which will cause the server to not run.

Please reinstall your server and then follow the steps here:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Dedicated_Server#Setting_Up_Mods" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/inde...Setting_Up_Mods</a>

You should not be downloading anything other than your server - the server itself will handle the downloading of mods directly from the Steam Workshop.
    edited November 2012
    oh thats different. so all i have to do is type in -mods and the ID and it downloads and installs on its own? at least thats what the link u sent me is saying so i do not have to install or configure anything dont have to remove -mods command line arguments after it downloads & installs?

OK so i was playing around with it a little and i reinstalled server files and everything and now i only have -mods "5f4f178" in my server shortcut

But i still have the problem that the mod keeps reinstalling/downloading and it resets my configurations and everything including my MOTD and disable/enable systems.

I tried following all intructions.
    In short, yes. However, you need to leave the -mods in your command line to keep running the mod.

This is how it works:

1. The Server checks for your -mod option and generates a list of mods to run according to what you specify
    2. The Server checks whether each of the mods you specified exists in the -modstorage directory (default %APPDATA%\Natural Selection 2\Workshop)
    2b. If the mod does not exist, it will download the mod from the Steam Workshop
    3. The Server runs each of the mod.

As for server-side mods such as DAK Admin Kit, it generates a default configuration file on the first run of the Mod.
    Therefore, the file you need to configure is located in your -config_path location. Close your Server before modifying your config file.
    edited November 2012
    ahhh it's finally working for me. I was following all the directions but the problem was my configures kept getting overwritten because i kept pasting my old configures into new but i finally said chuck it and reconfigured from scratch and it finally worked it's not being overwritten anymore and it's all functioning right and the way i want it to. Weeee! thanks a lot guys! <3 :) Let me know if i can help with something some how :)

Next is adding maps to my server :o
  • Silent262Silent262 Join Date: 2012-09-21 Member: 160267Members
    Has anyone noticed that randomall begins glitching after DAK is installed? I get stacked teams, 12v7, for example.. Ideas?
    edited November 2012
    I havn't noticed that happening to me only thing that happens to me is when i get pub stompers like 5-6 man team i try to randomize them but it dosnt really work out it puts them in same but only 2 get seperated from that group (clan). And theyre always stacking on the same side like aliens or marines throughout every map.

Oh also i forgot to ask question:

does this mod not have reserve slots anymore??? like if server has 16 make it 17 for an admin? and no1 could join in 17 slot except a certain type of players.
  • l09d09l09d09 Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167130Members
    Hi.

DAK stops working after mapchange. What i have done wrong?
    The mod does have reserve slots, but, having tried it out, it is not friendly (to be fair, it does say that in the readme). It will allow a player to join your slot, check if they are allowed (after they are loaded into the game world), and then it will boot them. This has irritated a couple of people on our server.
    Yea the reserve slots plugin doesnt work in a way that is very friendly to connecting clients, it could be done now with client/server side mods via workshop however.

Regarding the mod getting unloaded on map change, you will want to make sure you have it added to your mapcycle.json.
  • itspreachitspreach Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164638Members
    edited November 2012
    I think I have reserve slots working now but why did it load placeholder players in my game NSplayer 1, 2 and 3? How do I fix that?
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2010947:date=Nov 5 2012, 08:53 AM:name=l09d09)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (l09d09 @ Nov 5 2012, 08:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2010947"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi.

DAK stops working after mapchange. What i have done wrong?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Need the mod in both your server.txt and Mapcycle.json
    Can someone tell me how to stop fake clients loading when enabling reserve slots? This isnt required is it?
    Fake clients correspond to the 'ReservedSlots' variable. They do not NEED to exist, no. It just matters that the server knows how many slots it has, and the number of slots it is supposed to maintain "free". I believe the number of free slots intended is represented by MinimumSlots or something like that. The server will kick non-reserved players to maintain that number.

To Dragon: perhaps it would be good to better document that section of the mod. I realize it is more of a "beta plugin" but the variable names are a little confusing. It is not so bad if you read the LUA, but not everyone will do that.
    edited November 2012
    - Is it possible to use reserved slots (where instead of a fake client holding a spot, someone is kicked) without creating fake clients? If so, how?

- Has anyone noticed a decrease in server performance when using DAK mod? (my server started lagging pretty bad on Refinery last night right after I installed the mod... it ran fine for the 3-4 days prior that it was up) (16 players server hosted by GS)
    Also, are changes to DAKConfig.json (specifically enabling/disabling plugins) loaded with a simple map change, or does the server need to be restarted?
    edited November 2012
    Wait the reserve slot plugin is creating fake clients?

Oh, that version wasnt supposedly to actually get included, :<. That was a test system that I had created to block player joins using fake clients, I would hold off using the reserve slot plugin until something more robust/additional features are added in LUA to make it much less unfriendly, the fake clients thing i will remove atleast as the rest of that system isnt there so those clients wouldnt actually take up slots.

As for a perf decrease, I wouldnt expect the mod to add much additional overhead, all the plugins only update every second at most by default off of the single hook to UpdateServer.. but if the fakeclients were there they do add server overhead (they are basically bots).

DAKConfig changes are re-loaded on map change, no need to restart the server.
    Thanks Dragon! One more question! I want to include /ff as a chat command to initiate surrender. Can I just add an or statement to the if message == "surrender" ?
    Yep that would be all to add it as a chat command.