Mandatory gorge?

13»

Comments

• AsimovAsimov Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73352Members
    I probably missed this previously, but why did they end up making the gorge turrets weak and free? Seems like they have just become well...useless. What happened to my fluffy friend? I am been a way a while but it just seems like he well, doesn't do a whole lot then dies.
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    edited July 2012
    One nice thing that the gorge used to be able to do is to lead skulk attacks by tanking the first shots. For example 2-3 marines are in vent, 2-3 skulks and a gorge in pipe. The gorge go first and tank a few shots from the marines before retreating, allowing the skulk to get close to the marines.

In order to do so, the gorge needs to have enough hp to tank a few shots from 2-3 marines.

I'd be curious to try ranged umbra on the gorge, making it similar to sc1 defiler. Defilers are really the core of late game TvZ and I'd like the gorge to get back a central role. The gorge would be able to lead attacks even late game, by dropping a few umbras on the skulk attack path.
  • SkugganSkuggan Join Date: 2010-03-19 Member: 71017Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1950328:date=Jul 10 2012, 03:03 PM:name=Yuuki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yuuki @ Jul 10 2012, 03:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950328"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->One nice thing that the gorge used to be able to do is to lead skulk attacks by tanking the first shots. For example 2-3 marines are in vent, 2-3 skulks and a gorge in pipe. The gorge go first and tank a few shots from the marines before retreating, allowing the skulk to get close to the marines.

In order to do so, the gorge needs to have enough hp to tank a few shots from 2-3 marines.

I'd be curious to try ranged umbra on the gorge, making it similar to sc1 defiler. Defilers are really the core of late game TvZ and I'd like the gorge to get back a central role. The gorge would be able to lead attacks even late game, by dropping a few umbras on the skulk attack path.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes it would be cool if the gorge had

Tier 1: A spit that you actually can aim, heal
    Tier 2 bilebomb
    Tier 3 umbra

Since the alien commander is going to stay this would be the best solution.

At the moment the gorge buildings add nothing to competative play and on public it is just a noobfest with gorge fortresses all over the place that just ruins the gameplay.
    Its not uncommon that half the team plays gorge and just camps and stays on 100 pres.
  • LutherLuther Join Date: 2012-05-29 Member: 152714Members
    It would be interesting if they made the res gain a little slower for aliens and then used gorges as a sub contractor, basically the gorge can request buildings like a crag or wip to be dropped where he is defending the corridor, since he made the request he has to pay for half of what that structure costs so change the price of a wip from 15 to 6 and now when the com gets the request it costs him 6 res and the gorge 6 res, and since res comes in slower the gorge plays a bigger roll, should i gorge or save for onos do we risk a hive to save a for early onos.
  • botchiballbotchiball Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15810Members, Constellation
    edited July 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1950338:date=Jul 10 2012, 11:20 AM:name=Luther)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Luther @ Jul 10 2012, 11:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950338"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It would be interesting if they made the res gain a little slower for aliens and then used gorges as a sub contractor, basically the gorge can request buildings like a crag or wip to be dropped where he is defending the corridor, since he made the request he has to pay for half of what that structure costs so change the price of a wip from 15 to 6 and now when the com gets the request it costs him 6 res and the gorge 6 res, and since res comes in slower the gorge plays a bigger roll, should i gorge or save for onos do we risk a hive to save a for early onos.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Problem is when there a team of 10 players all go Gorge and drop a structure, then go back to Skulk and massacre the Marine team -> Tres and PRes have been separated precisely for this reason.

<!--quoteo(post=1950332:date=Jul 10 2012, 10:04 AM:name=Skuggan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skuggan @ Jul 10 2012, 10:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950332"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Its not uncommon that half the team plays gorge and just camps and stays on 100 pres.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ^ This is a HUGE problem for Gorges, or really any class besides Onos -> Every class should be a viable option for "end game", Onos is not supposed to be the "be all end all" that it ends up being. And each class should have a way to use their res, besides simple additional lives (its not fun to have a single purchase, or the same evolution purchases each life - its just a requirement).