Combat Mode Relaunch

Comments

• MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    Big thanks to SamusDroid for fixing some Combat bugs in B263... I've published an updated version to the workshop which should hopefully resolve the following:

- Can't end games, command station stuck at 1%.
    - Server errors because of Trains and scoreboard updating.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    MCMLXXXIV wrote: »
    Big thanks to SamusDroid for fixing some Combat bugs in B263... I've published an updated version to the workshop which should hopefully resolve the following:

- Can't end games, command station stuck at 1%.
    - Server errors because of Trains and scoreboard updating.

Still broken

• NS-SoldierNS-Soldier Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179856Members
    what about skulk xeno?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    NS-Soldier wrote: »
    what about skulk xeno?
    What about it
    He is trying to interject balance shit rather than focus on actually getting the mod functional.
    edited February 2014
    Ok... so it looks like the cause of the problems since Friday have been the fact that neither of my gaming computers works properly with the workshop (it always seems to publish an old version of the mod). To try and solve this I've managed to install NS2 on Faultline's build server and publish it from there.

Please can you update from the workshop and let me know if you're still getting issues now?
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    I think Combat Standalone is pretty sure thing. All the rumors and Flayra hinting at NS2WC cement it :)

Congratulation guys ! :)
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    NS-Soldier wrote: »
    what about skulk xeno?
    What about it

getts buggy trying to xeno near chair

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Rudy.cz wrote: »
    I think Combat Standalone is pretty sure thing. All the rumors and Flayra hinting at NS2WC cement it :)

Congratulation guys ! :)

Ok... so it looks like the cause of the problems since Friday have been the fact that neither of my gaming computers works properly with the workshop (it always seems to publish an old version of the mod). To try and solve this I've managed to install NS2 on Faultline's build server and publish it from there.

Please can you update from the workshop and let me know if you're still getting issues now?

Still having issues, not sure if a new one has rolled out in the last 30min or not but as of now it is still broken.

I really wish there was a way to bring attention to how many problems the workshop causes. Even after months of just asking for a simple fix for when the workshop craps out we hear nothing...

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Changes that were made don't seem to be in the update. Don't know why.
    I've just tried one more time... Let's hope it published this time around!
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Combat Standalone = my body is ready

Still broken

the cc / hive will die now but the next round the cc / hive are gone and the round doesn't start

• Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members

Got recently problems with publishing too. The publisher does not update the .modinfo, it does update all the other files though, but the information still appears as old version. Strange.

• LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yea forget any game play issues. The big problem is that it locks up and freezes the server hence stuck on some crazy tick rate. In addition I am pretty sure that it still has not updated. Let me know if you need new logs b/c the issues I describe are already in the log I previously uploaded.
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    Any chance we'll see some noteworthy updates again or is this as good as it gets for combat?

Still hope we might see a buildmenu and combat mvm one day, finding ns2 in general is getting a bit stale.
    edited March 2014
    been seeing a lot of spawn camping at alien hive recently, makes this mod really homosexual
  • cpt000cpt000 Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187152Members
    edited March 2014
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    Yea forget any game play issues. The big problem is that it locks up and freezes the server hence stuck on some crazy tick rate. In addition I am pretty sure that it still has not updated. Let me know if you need new logs b/c the issues I describe are already in the log I previously uploaded.

Experiencing this too. Ping goes up to 999 for all players. Only a reset can rescue the server. It's happening on a daily basis.

Samus, is it possible to set the respawns further away from the hive/chair - it'd be nice not to get spawn killed.

• Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    When is the weak exo bug going to be fixed?

For a long time now exo's have been stupidly weak, it used to be that a one of one fight between an exo and onos had a reasonable chance of going either way, also there's got to be something very wrong when you spawn, can't move and get destroyed by a skulk even with full armour, this is silly.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Electr0 wrote: »
    When is the weak exo bug going to be fixed?

For a long time now exo's have been stupidly weak, it used to be that a one of one fight between an exo and onos had a reasonable chance of going either way, also there's got to be something very wrong when you spawn, can't move and get destroyed by a skulk even with full armour, this is silly.

If you've got aliens in your base... that's probably not the best time to get into an exo... You should PROBABLY take care of them first. ;)
  • CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's a bug and I reported it ages ago.
    Cuel wrote: »
    Maybe the prev post wasn't descriptive enough, so here is a step by step procedure

1. Get armor 2
    2. Get Exo and notice correct armor level
    3. Die
    4. Take exo again
    5. Notice 280 armor (armor 0).

Same thing might apply to weapon level, I remember that it scaled, unlike vanilla?

Also:

1. Get Armor 2
    2. Get jetpack
    3. Notice armor 0 / weapons 0 until respawn.

It's a bug and I reported it ages ago.
    Maybe the prev post wasn't descriptive enough, so here is a step by step procedure

1. Get armor 2
    2. Get Exo and notice correct armor level
    3. Die
    4. Take exo again
    5. Notice 280 armor (armor 0).

Same thing might apply to weapon level, I remember that it scaled, unlike vanilla?

Also:

1. Get Armor 2
    2. Get jetpack
    3. Notice armor 0 / weapons 0 until respawn.

OH lol oops! Thought you meant it needed a buff.
    so any chance of balancing shotgun!? both skulk and lerk dies from one shot even with regen/armor
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Where is the post JimWest posted?
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    We deleted that as it might have been a bit too early, but its coming soon.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Good that you are saying. I all ready posted the news on my site. I deleted it...