[aestethic]Disintegration type based on surface.

EgoGamerEgoGamer Join Date: 2012-06-21 Member: 153536Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
Posted this on the NS2HD460 video, but thought I'd copy it here to see if people agreed:

With the squeaky clean halls in this map [regarding docking] the alien disintegration looks a little out of place. It's purely aesthetic, but if it were possible to have the type of dispersion depend on what surface you died on I think it would look better. Story wise you could say the nanobots break down Kharra DNA to supply R&D with constantly new information, while marines being broken down by infestation go to feed the various alien structures.

Plus the thought of a marine being dissolved by infestation gives a slight sense of... I'd say horror but it not quite the word I'm looking for.

Comments

• TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    That sound really neato, but it shouldnt get any attention until post-release.
  • RowenRowen Join Date: 2012-05-04 Member: 151545Members
    IIRC the current infestation is a placeholder. I'd like the definitive version to be more gross - it should be dripping slime, make a disgusting squishing sound when stepped on and should cover dead bodies and structures like a fungus.