Good FPS, Yet Freezes and Hangups

RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
I tend to get 40+ FPS, but seemingly randomly my game will freeze for about 5 seconds. This happens every minute and a half or so.

Specs:
RAM: 8gb
Video Card: GTX 560 ti
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 925 Processor (4 CPUs) ~2.8 ghz

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Ok, type 'profile' in console, and press space bar around when the pause happens. This will pause the profiler. Use the [ and ] keys to move between the profiler frames, you should see some big purple bars. click those bars to expand them, and take screenshots and post them here. Thanks!
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2012
    Decided to add some of the profile pictures too, not sure if I'm doing it right though. But anyways.

Specs:
    RAM: 2gb
    Video Card: Radeon HD6770 1gb
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.31GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor

Yes, my cpu is terrible in the first place. So a cpu bottlenecked game and a cpu bottlenecked computer would be perfect for each other.

Probably useless but here you go. Not too skillfull at doing these. Also I probably made it pointless by doing it on the highest possible settings. I get okay fps but terrible stuttering from most likely the cpu trying to hot load the graphics.

<a href="http://imgur.com/a/x0rhM" target="_blank">http://imgur.com/a/x0rhM</a>

I'll get some on lowest possible settings tomorrow or so.