Natural Selection 2 News Update - Build 207 released

12346»

Comments

• dalleckdalleck Join Date: 2012-04-07 Member: 150061Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-botchiball+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (botchiball)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Shriek - sonic attack which dazes marines in area in front of the Lerk blurring their vision.
    This shift would stop Lerks from being a loner player class and help them be more useful in a group. The Wingflap concept in particular would give the Lerk a LOT more versatility and use to be around.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1

and also this from the earlier post:

<!--QuoteBegin-botchiball+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (botchiball)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If someone goes Gorge and drops cysts which the Khamm builds off of then changes to another class, the Khamm's chain starts dying and the Khamm wonders why.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

is a real issue.
  • -Azona--Azona- Join Date: 2012-04-07 Member: 150074Members
    To be honost i do not like it where the game is going.

As aliens i liked gorge a lot. Sins last view builds they become so useless. You cant really protect a area, i dont like free crap buildings witmh crappy limitations.

Gorge should be playing more role in building and supporting, spreading investation. Not what are now, 5 cyst to help commander? 3 hydra? Sins last view builds game went totaly different and i do not like and gorge is no longer usefull or fun to be.

I dont mind balancing but changing something people enjoyed to something useless nonfun you could beter remove gorge because they got little use and make new attackter thingy.

If you ask me gorge should be able make defences both hydra and whip and spread investation and heal the wounded.

Investation should be resourse less but a cooldown timer before can plant a new one so you cant spam them and spread fast. Defecenses should be back to limitless and cost resourses again. Hydra 5 whips 10 resourses.

Would make gorge more fun and usefull defensive and supportive with pushes and take more land.

For the rest of the game balance is ok. Dont like beeying alien anymore though.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1933868:date=May 6 2012, 11:58 AM:name=-Azona-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Azona- @ May 6 2012, 11:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1933868"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->To be honost i do not like it where the game is going.

As aliens i liked gorge a lot. Sins last view builds they become so useless. You cant really protect a area, i dont like free crap buildings witmh crappy limitations.

Gorge should be playing more role in building and supporting, spreading investation. Not what are now, 5 cyst to help commander? 3 hydra? Sins last view builds game went totaly different and i do not like and gorge is no longer usefull or fun to be.

I dont mind balancing but changing something people enjoyed to something useless nonfun you could beter remove gorge because they got little use and make new attackter thingy.

If you ask me gorge should be able make defences both hydra and whip and spread investation and heal the wounded.

Investation should be resourse less but a cooldown timer before can plant a new one so you cant spam them and spread fast. Defecenses should be back to limitless and cost resourses again. Hydra 5 whips 10 resourses.

Would make gorge more fun and usefull defensive and supportive with pushes and take more land.

For the rest of the game balance is ok. Dont like beeying alien anymore though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Before these changes, the gorge was completely useless. Going gorge at the start of the game would mean you could drop a single hydra with your remaining resources. Often you would have to wait before you could even do this, because gorge cysts were important, so after dropping two cysts for the commander you would only be at 9 res. So you were looking at a wait of about 2 minutes before you could even put two hydras down, and they weren't even that powerful, so your death was almost insured if marines came upon your location.

These changes have quite obviously and clearly improved the gorges ability to defend an area in the early game, that cannot be argued. What the changes may have done is reduced the gorges scaling with time, as (essentially) no abilities are gained, whether the alien team has augmentations, 2 hives, 3 hives ect. I'm sure this will be addressed in time though. New abilities are coming.
  • fUnciefUncie Join Date: 2010-02-20 Member: 70648Members
    Some things I would change:

-GL should hurt teammates, 5 sec reload time per grenade because spamming is quite horrible
    -No health or ammo from armory while marine is under attack
    -Mines delay away, frustrating to see skulk going through 3 mines
    -Onos pres cost 90, onos comes usually too early even when enemy haven't had that many harvesters and ruins the game/or make that baby onos before real mature one that someone already has suggested
    -Onos stomp radius -20%
    -Stronger harvesters
    -IP/PG push back is somehow annoying
    -Gorge buildings should cost pres and they shouldn't die when gorge doesn't come back gorging
    -Add bite for lerk

Good game anyway, cheers!