Insight Spectator Mod

1235»

Comments

• Katana-Katana- Join Date: 2008-11-25 Member: 65575Members
    edited September 2012
    I thought of a cool feature while watching a cast.

Would it be possible to allow spectators to bring up the map, and click and drag on it to switch their perspective to a free camera at that location pointing in the direction they dragged? Seems like it would make switching between over head and in action views more fluid.
  • tagwolftagwolf SF Bay Area Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182710Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Huze wrote: »
    QUOTE (Soul_Rider @ Sep 8 2012, 04:26 PM) »Nice, can I ask though, why would there be drawing on the world? I mean, in a competitive match, if the caster suddenly starts drawing on the world, or even in a pub game, it's going to be a bit odd :P
    The drawing is all done client side. You won't be walking around as a marine and see giant male members on the ceiling.

Awwwwww. Dang.
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Rantology has been kind enough to redraw all of the UI in a new style like the NS2 main menu. I'm doing some rearranging of the UI, let me know what you think.
    • Resources moved to Upper Right
    • Time and Location above minimap
    • Kill messages above tech points
    • Team names / scores only appear when you type in the team names

Tech production is currently in the same place, but I plan to move it to the upper left.

Mod is available here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108350718

B4433828D5AD6CFAEE50C0DC7D071629568E4D88
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    The new UI art looks amazing. I'm not sure about moving stuff. Here's my suggestion:

Move resources back to where they were. That's a very nice, central location for them.

Move kill messages to be under the resources. Yes, centered on the screen. I know it's sort of in the way, but this makes them much easier to see without moving to a corner where nothing is happening, and there are rarely enough kill messages that you'd block anything for very long. Important stuff like "X killed Y" should instantly go into the viewer's brain.

Keep the research where it is - right by the minimap is easier to see than the upper left, which is a place you'd never bother looking if you weren't forced to look there.

The goal, I think, should be to cut down on the number of reasons people have to take their eyes off the main screen. If your eyes have to be constantly flickering to all four corners, this is much less helpful.

In the current version information is in three corners, which isn't great, but it certainly beats four corners.

Also could you make is to the John Madden tool can have an adjustable pixel size? Like instead of drawing a 1 pixel line I'd like to maybe draw a 3 pixel square (or even better, a little circle or something). <3
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    I think the name plate backgrounds would benefit from a cleaner look, and with some transparency.
    And I would love for the kills graph to be fixed.