Lerk Purpose - Timid

13»

Comments

• internetexplorerinternetexplorer Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127255Members
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    I definitely think the lerk could use a buff (or at least a change). Atm the cloud is the most useful ability and not even for it's damage (it's so easy to dodge, half the time ducking will let you avoid it!) but rather for the sight occlusion. Implementation of momentum and gravity for the gas (as many have suggested) or an increase in the size of the trail would go a long way to helping the lerk imo.
  • internetexplorerinternetexplorer Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127255Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1908102:date=Feb 29 2012, 12:28 AM:name=1dominator1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1dominator1 @ Feb 29 2012, 12:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908102"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->momentum and gravity for the gas<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

hey twilite is this something you can put together?
    I would paypal you my life savings if it worked out well :)
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    I played a couple of games as lerk yesterday. On public game I ended with 20:1 k/d (one death as skulk). Arguably the marines didn't had the best aim ever. Then on ensl gather (marines can aim) I still felt pretty useful as a lerk, even though I didn't got has many kills. We went for carapace also.

I don't want to say that the lerk don't need changes, but the general idea that he is super weak is probably wrong.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1908148:date=Feb 28 2012, 10:59 PM:name=internetexplorer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (internetexplorer @ Feb 28 2012, 10:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908148"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hey twilite is this something you can put together?
    I would paypal you my life savings if it worked out well :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Be careful what you wish for. ;)

I've found sniper Lerks to be quite a nuisance for Marines. It is possibly the most effective way to play Lerk right now.

Flying as Lerk actually increases the size of its hitbox and makes it an easy target. That is ironic, as Charlie specifically wished Lerks to be more powerful at close combat.
  • VolccisVolccis Join Date: 2011-12-11 Member: 137452Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1908219:date=Feb 29 2012, 01:36 PM:name=Yuuki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yuuki @ Feb 29 2012, 01:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908219"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I played a couple of games as lerk yesterday. On public game I ended with 20:1 k/d (one death as skulk). Arguably the marines didn't had the best aim ever. Then on ensl gather (marines can aim) I still felt pretty useful as a lerk, even though I didn't got has many kills. We went for carapace also.

I don't want to say that the lerk don't need changes, but the general idea that he is super weak is probably wrong.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As I mentioned before that against good players its a bit weak and against bad players its strong. Flamethrowers and shotguns are its only weakness. Flamethrowers only if its in the group, alone its free kill because of FM's range and pistol cannot kill lerk unless suberb aim. Shotgun is god damn accuracy and does superb dmg even from the range and it doesnt help that spikes misses so much. Anyway if your alien team is good and you have scouted marines rush, you can fly into the group without giving em much time to react. Once initiated your teammates can sneak in better.
    My opinion is that at start lerks are good and later you should have only 1 lerk. If someone in the marine group have flamethrower, lerks are little useless because you cannot fly inside and out constantly and the gas wont kill marines. Anyway your teammates can rush easily into the marines group when the lerk has took marines attention and dropped the gas. Not sure but I would assume that in clan matches lerks are pretty good scouts, initiaters and supports own team well, just how it should be.