Steam product activation

MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
"Please first activate the original game

The product code you've entered requires ownership of another product before activation.

If you are trying to activate an expansion pack or downloadable content, please first activate the original game, then activate this additional content."

Me just a litel gorge. :( Me no understand steam techy talk.

I was trying to activate my special edition and it said that. >:O

Comments

• douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    you should've gotten 2 keys for the special edition. one is for the game, the other is for the black armor.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Nope, all I got was:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi #######,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Special Edition of Natural Selection 2!
    The support of players like yourself has made a huge difference for our
    company and has allowed us to develop Natural Selection 2 completely
    independently.

Today we're releasing the Alpha of Natural Selection 2. Access to the alpha
    is limited to those people who pre-ordered the Special Edition. In order to
    play, you will need to activate your ownership of the Special Edition on
    Steam. You can do this with the following key:

#####-#####-#####-#####-#####

This key has been generated for you and only need to enter it once to activate
    the Special Edition on your Steam account. To activate the game, select
    "Games/Activate a Product on Steam..." from the main menu in Steam and
    enter in the key.

If you don't have Steam installed, you can download it from Valve's site at:
    <a href="http://store.steampowered.com/about/" target="_blank">http://store.steampowered.com/about/</a>

Once Natural Selection 2 is activated, it should appear in your list of
    available games and if you right click on it, you should see "Black Armor"
    listed under the DLC tab.

Thanks again for your support!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Unknown Worlds Entertainment
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    This is the link you need:

<a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/faq/game-questions/i-didnt-get-my-key-or-need-it-resent-also-i-want-to-change-m.html" target="_blank">http://www.naturalselection2.com/faq/game-...o-change-m.html</a>

Enjoy!
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    >.>

<.<

Link text is too ambiguous! I need huge buttons that say [ F A Q ]! Rawraghrhw*Gorge spittle everywhere*

...thanks. >.>
  • btf16btf16 Join Date: 2012-02-10 Member: 144699Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    OK i got a issue, my bro bought 2 copy's of the collectors edition. His steam has the back marine skin and i don't. i Have checked the email he got and it only had 2 keys, i used the 2nd one he used the 1st one. What did we do wrong?

also i hope this the right place to post this.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1901658:date=Feb 10 2012, 10:45 AM:name=btf16)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (btf16 @ Feb 10 2012, 10:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901658"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OK i got a issue, my bro bought 2 copy's of the collectors edition. His steam has the back marine skin and i don't. i Have checked the email he got and it only had 2 keys, i used the 2nd one he used the 1st one. What did we do wrong?

also i hope this the right place to post this.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Please email store@unknownworlds.com they will look into it.
    Note: San Francisco business hours.