Ns2_metal

124»

Comments

• noxxnoxx Join Date: 2012-12-06 Member: 174319Members
    The screenshots look very promising :) I'm really excited about the beta version of the map!
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
  • quazilinquazilin Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9880Members, Contributor, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Yay sorry, no update at this time but I try to get something done this summer holiday. Hopefully a playable beta with bit of undetailed areas.
    quazilin wrote: »
    Yay sorry, no update at this time but I try to get something done this summer holiday. Hopefully a playable beta with bit of undetailed areas.

No pressure mate, but you teased us pretty hard with those sexy screenshots & ns1 nostalgia :)

• ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Thread necro, over the past couple of days i've been doing some tinkering, now i am having some problem, i just loaded up the map editor, saved and loaded up game, it has gone from worse to even worse? this happened when i first started mapping for spark in 2012 just for fun, i cannot remember why this happens? also how do i get rid of invalid triangles? all of a sudden it says 262 invalid(is that because of memory leaks showing skybox area? it never did this before!

Here's in the editormjm5ip4v.ubx.png

Here's in game4sut0af2.umx.png

Here's how it looked before i restarted computer
    fl0ibgn5.0pf.png
    sfjqdn3w.aec.png

Complimentary water special, though this room has been fixed in my current edit
    toux3gnh.hqn.png

Any reccomendations?
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    load up the level in the editor, click a random bit of geo and save, then reload the level in the game all invalids will be gone
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yeah, before you run your map in-game you'll need to get into the habit of saving your map, loading it anew in the ditor, clicking a random face or prop and saving it again. That clears the invalid triangles.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited December 2014
    i tihnk it simply divides the invalids up into valids so the level will work, but those bits of geo likely arent to the grid wish there was a snap to grid option
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    My theory is that upon loading a level, all of the polygons are re-triangulated, clearing out the old (and invalid) triangle data. I don't have to click a face to get it to fix. I just open, and immediately save-as.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Immediately save-as works, I simply click something so I can just save without the hassle of popup windows.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    thanks ;D guys ^^, actually what's more interesting i get mix results, opening and immediately save-as seems to remove most of it, it's pretty random, i ended up ctrl + a then ctrl +s and it was fine except for a few weird new boxes which appeared on the map!
  • quazilinquazilin Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9880Members, Contributor, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Looks like the old infestation is mixing things up.
    edited December 2014
    :D quazlin, you are here! are you continuing work on your metal map! :D i'd love to see some of your rooms, the thing is, i've made it closer to NS1 size which is not going to work, since you are original i'll leave you to it, did you ever end up releasing it anywhere? in beta form? what do you think of the hive area? i would love to get my hands on it :P
    Dont really have time or inspiration to do the map so mucho.. so its coming really slow :D
    But maybe somewhere in the furture!
    Hi, too long has metal been on my hdd unfinished and cos of lack of time it is still unfinished. Here is the file if you want to take a look of it or do a own version of it be free to do so.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/288ibl4e98omomv/ns2_metal_quazilin.zip

-quazilin

• ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Thanks @quazilin! I absolutely love what you did with Storage D. I hope someday this can be finished. @Loki? After Ayumi perhaps? :pensive: