A Guide to the Spark Editor
fmpone Members, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Posts: 928
edited December 2011 in Mapping
Get Started Making Maps for NS2
A Complete Guide to Spark, parts 1-6
^^^ Full tutorial series
Old Post Below
Hey guys, in the next few weeks I'm going to be releasing a series of videos taking you through the complete building of a relatively basic map. My goals for this are very simple:
1. Explain, in full, how the vertices and face system work. This can be a point of confusion for many people, which confuses or slows further progress.
2. What you NEED to know about each and every room of your map.
3. Describe the various important elements of lighting, including the "rules" as I understand them.
4. Offer some strategies to deal with rooms of all shapes and sizes.
The entities stuff is for some other guy, if you can't figure that stuff out, God help you.
5. Now keep in mind I'm just some schmuck who hasn't released a real map yet, so I am also going to take you through some released maps and show you some of the things I've learned having opened up other .level files from real smart and sexy people.
6. Is there anything else you'd like to see covered in a video series?
Post edited by Unknown User on