Dedicated Server build 188?

snooopssnooops Germany Join Date: 2008-12-08 Member: 65702Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi, is there a 188 release for the servers too?? Because i got none.

This is all i get:

Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
Checking/Installing 'Natural Selection 2 - Dedicated Server' version 28

HLDS installation up to date

Comments

• snooopssnooops Germany Join Date: 2008-12-08 Member: 65702Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes of course there is no need to take care of this problem i mean, there are 7 servers online that would be enough for the community...
  • A[L]CA[L]C Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72801Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Starting the Steam Update...
    ****Don't close this window. If you close this window the update will still be executed on the server****

Stopping the game server...
    Game server has been stopped.
    Checking bootstrapper version ...
    Updating Installation
    Checking/Installing 'Natural Selection 2 - Dedicated Server' version 28

HLDS installation up to date
    Starting the game server...
    Game server has been started.
    The Steam update has completed. You may close this window.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Same thing here
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1886603:date=Nov 24 2011, 12:20 PM:name=snooops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snooops @ Nov 24 2011, 12:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1886603"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes of course there is no need to take care of this problem i mean, there are 7 servers online that would be enough for the community...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

UWE are aware of the problem, you must realise that this may not be their fault, as they shipped it off to Valve yesterday. Maybe Valve have not updates the server files?

Also just because people dont post in your thread does not mean you should be sarcastic about lack of personal attention from UWE. It's Thanksgiving, a national holiday.
  • w0dk4w0dk4 Join Date: 2008-04-22 Member: 64129Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Valve doesnt need to approve the hldsupdatetool stuff AFAIK.. so yeah, where is it?
  • snooopssnooops Germany Join Date: 2008-12-08 Member: 65702Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    their own fault to release a build at a holiday... everybody knows not to ship a release when nobody is reachable to catch problems, if this is the case then we got a new proof abouts UWE buisness competence....
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Seems to be happening across the board, silly american holidays, you may need to manually update your files from the Steam client-files for the time being.
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    Also getting this, will attempt a manual steam update.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1886661:date=Nov 24 2011, 11:43 AM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Nov 24 2011, 11:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1886661"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Seems to be happening across the board, silly american holidays, you may need to manually update your files from the Steam client-files for the time being.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Was able to get the Team 156 West server running by doing this. Fairly tedious and not ideal, but it works as a good kludge until the server patch goes up.

Edit: For those who want to do this, I basically went through my NS2 client folders to see which files/folders were updated on 11/24 and copied those over into the server folders (overwriting where needed). The biggest problem is since I didn't know which client files were and were not necessary, I copied over more client files than are needed (i.e. I think there are some HUD elements and/or other server unnecessary components). I'd suggest backing up your current server folder so you can revert back to it when the normal updating process works again.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2011
    Double post, delete.
    still not working... this cant be the true... this is really poor UWE.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2011
    I want to see proof of your competence snooops, update it manually...

Yeah we already know uwe is a incompetent company in your eyes - dont really know why you keep coming back...
    lol i see its like professionals do... releasing a patch and going to holiday. have fun
  • VarXXVarXX Join Date: 2011-01-24 Member: 78824Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited November 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1886923:date=Nov 25 2011, 07:29 PM:name=snooops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snooops @ Nov 25 2011, 07:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1886923"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol i see its like professionals do... releasing a patch and going to holiday. have fun<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You do realize Valve is on vacation right now, so there is no one to push out an update until monday anyway right? In the mean time, move the client files over and update manually until a hotfix can be released.
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    I got the same but If Your a seasoned server operator you should be able to find your way around this, If you just update/install the via steam client then alter your batch file to that server you will be up and running.

Both stand alone dedicated and steam client servers use the same app-data so all you need to do it start either one. It's really not the big of an issue.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2011
    He doesnt really care about the server... he is a professional troll.
This discussion has been closed.