Any chance of an update this week?

Comments

• Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1885062:date=Nov 15 2011, 03:46 PM:name=Trainee.ger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trainee.ger @ Nov 15 2011, 03:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885062"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i wouldnt mind an awesome 188 patch for christmas :) with onos, occlusion culling, mineshaft, performance boost and stuff :) take your time guys :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I remember thinking to myself last christmas when i bought the beta what the game might be like in a year, it's come a long way but i honestly thought we would of had a bunch of maps being rotated on servers by now and a more active online community, possibly even a combat server going, it interesting to see how things have progressed but also a little disappointing at the same time, i just hope it doesn't take another year before we hit 1.0.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1885065:date=Nov 15 2011, 10:18 PM:name=Electr0)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Electr0 @ Nov 15 2011, 10:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885065"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I remember thinking to myself last christmas when i bought the beta what the game might be like in a year, it's come a long way but i honestly thought we would of had a bunch of maps being rotated on servers by now and a more active online community, possibly even a combat server going, it interesting to see how things have progressed but also a little disappointing at the same time, i just hope it doesn't take another year before we hit 1.0.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hate to burst your bubble, but it could take another year before it's done.
    No one knows how long it will take before NS2 is ready. Not even the devs.
    But they sure are working hard on getting it closer to a release. Have patience.
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1885085:date=Nov 15 2011, 08:11 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Nov 15 2011, 08:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885085"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hate to burst your bubble, but it could take another year before it's done.
    But they sure are working hard on getting it closer to a release. Have patience.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

BRAVO!!!
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    The patch comes out on the 29th of November.

You may ask why?

My answer: Because it does :)
  • Cyberwarrior00785Cyberwarrior00785 Join Date: 2010-02-20 Member: 70651Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1885054:date=Nov 15 2011, 12:06 PM:name=ironhorse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ironhorse @ Nov 15 2011, 12:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885054"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes!! Onos max? Onos? ....
    ... :: anxiety all time high for this patch ::<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    lolollolololol me too...

<!--quoteo(post=1885135:date=Nov 15 2011, 11:42 PM:name=Papayas)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Papayas @ Nov 15 2011, 11:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885135"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The patch comes out on the 29th of November.

You may ask why?

My answer: Because it does :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i was thinking that too or the 27 who knows...
    <!--quoteo(post=1885085:date=Nov 15 2011, 08:11 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Nov 15 2011, 08:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885085"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hate to burst your bubble, but it could take another year before it's done.
    But they sure are working hard on getting it closer to a release. Have patience.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It can take five more years if they like, just as long as the content reflects that, i would expect a bit more variety in six months time to be fair, they want to start thinking about improving the number of regular players online and get more interest going, if we had a bunch of maps on the go and there was more activity and game play going on i think it would do a lot of good, people should start getting their moneys worth now.
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1885043:date=Nov 15 2011, 02:16 PM:name=konata)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (konata @ Nov 15 2011, 02:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885043"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Now you know how I felt when I read "NS2 looks better than Skyrim"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    still doesn't mean that any console or Mac can beat a PC when it comes to gaming performance.

But anyway. I think its getting more and more likely that a patch will come out within the next week or two!
    I CAN'T WAIT!!! *JIZZ*
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1885171:date=Nov 16 2011, 08:02 AM:name=Electr0)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Electr0 @ Nov 16 2011, 08:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885171"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It can take five more years if they like, just as long as the content reflects that, i would expect a bit more variety in six months time to be fair, they want to start thinking about improving the number of regular players online and get more interest going, if we had a bunch of maps on the go and there was more activity and game play going on i think it would do a lot of good, people should start getting their moneys worth now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're repeating yourself mate. Things could have gone better over six months, but we're at where we're at, its hard work, and this is what you'll have to live with. The only reassurance is that everyone involved is doing their absolute best.
  • konatakonata Join Date: 2011-08-24 Member: 118296Members
    You guys need to learn to respect each others opinions.

There will always be more negative (even if slightly negative) feedback until something is fully done, that's the nature of things. That's how projects work. Consistently picking out specific posts and replying with positive reassurance directed at a single person is self-defeating. It's too constant and you have to put up with not everyone will like the cycle time of the game, especially with the previous development release date.

People will always blow steam off about things, more so often because they know people are trying their absolute best. However replying directly to those blowing off steam will only drive them away, take it with a pinch of salt if you really believe the final product will be excellent, that's the only way you can overcome any challenges.
    OMG THE ONOS IS OUT!

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->This post has been posted 2 weeks in advance<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
  • DestroidDestroid Join Date: 2011-10-25 Member: 129240Members
    Almost gave me a heart attack.
    My post was about what would happen to the forums.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    F4!!!

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->This post has also been posted 2 weeks in advance<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <!--quoteo(post=1885347:date=Nov 17 2011, 06:15 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Nov 17 2011, 06:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885347"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->F4!!!

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->This post has also been posted 2 weeks in advance<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Best end game tactic for losing. This needs to be put in.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1885412:date=Nov 18 2011, 12:38 AM:name=konata)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (konata @ Nov 18 2011, 12:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885412"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Best end game tactic for losing. This needs to be put in.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, the functionallity is basicly in, so the tactic still works:
    rr in console
    But yes we need F1, F2, F3 and F4 to be Marine, Alien, Spectator, Ready Room.
  • DestroidDestroid Join Date: 2011-10-25 Member: 129240Members
    Wouldn't that be as trivial as making a bind in a config file somewhere?
    I was being facetious.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hopefully it makes it by 1.0, going into the console every time gets old.
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Well the keybind mod that comes with my menu mod brings back all your favorite F key binds /endblatantplug
    <!--quoteo(post=1885430:date=Nov 17 2011, 10:59 PM:name=fsfod)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fsfod @ Nov 17 2011, 10:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885430"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well the keybind mod that comes with my menu mod brings back all your favorite F key binds /endblatantplug<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How come they haven't done anything to the menus yet like you have?

Any improvement is an improvement and should be added, im guessing you would be ok with them using some of your work to change it quicker, id really like to see this now, it adds a load of useful features and design improvements, the chat box alone is a great addition, the whole thing speeds up the loading times as well, what are they waiting for!?
  • LUSITANERLUSITANER Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74086Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1885415:date=Nov 17 2011, 11:51 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Nov 17 2011, 11:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885415"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, the functionallity is basicly in, so the tactic still works:
    rr in console
    But yes we need F1, F2, F3 and F4 to be Marine, Alien, Spectator, Ready Room.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wouldnt like that, when i press F1 in any game it doesnt do what is binded for the game, but instead it minimizes the game and pops-up the windows help window.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1885692:date=Nov 19 2011, 01:48 PM:name=Electr0)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Electr0 @ Nov 19 2011, 01:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885692"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How come they haven't done anything to the menus yet like you have?

Any improvement is an improvement and should be added, im guessing you would be ok with them using some of your work to change it quicker, id really like to see this now, it adds a load of useful features and design improvements, the chat box alone is a great addition, the whole thing speeds up the loading times as well, what are they waiting for!?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Because we're a small team and there is a lot to do. One of the reasons that the main menu hasn't been reworked is that we don't have a dedicated UI designer - at the moment it's just me and Cory dropping our other tasks in order to get UI designs done and right now we're focused on the Marine HUD. It'll get done, I promise, but unfortunately the linear nature of time means that some things have to be done later than others.
    I understand you're a small team but it often seems like you leave certain useful or visual parts of the game untouched for ages while you focus instead mostly on the bits we never see and that matter less to the player, why can't you just use some of fsfod's code if he's ok with that?

You're still using flash aren't you? i remember reading that it's far from ideal and you were trying to get rid of it.
    I'd imagine waiting on the LUA/Flash transition is a big portion of the problem for Insane and Cory. If it's not in place, there's no reason for them to work on it over other priorities.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1885702:date=Nov 19 2011, 10:07 AM:name=Electr0)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Electr0 @ Nov 19 2011, 10:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885702"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I understand you're a small team but it often seems like you leave certain useful or visual parts of the game untouched for ages while you focus instead mostly on the bits we never see...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, so with your analogy, if you are building a car by hand. They should just build the outer skin of the car, and just leave the engine, fuel system, axle and wheels alone till they have the cool outer bit done?

Games, and cars dont work like that.
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1885736:date=Nov 19 2011, 07:20 PM:name=Obraxis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obraxis @ Nov 19 2011, 07:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885736"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ok, so with your analogy, if you are building a car by hand. They should just build the outer skin of the car, and just leave the engine, fuel system, axle and wheels alone till they have the cool outer bit done?

Games, and cars dont work like that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sorry man but that is a terrible analogy. For one, using your example the car is already built, it might be missing some optional parts and not using final components, but it is running and useable. Second, NS2 isn't <i>anything</i> like a car. People mostly buy cars once they are built, in this case people are buying NS2 right now, which should be encouraged, as it increases publicity of the game and generates cash. Usability plays a large role in this. I think anything that contributes towards a 'wall' against people playing the game should be important and a priority.

Now personally I don't consider the UI's to be a huge factor at the moment, the client and server performance is so horrible it eclipses the UI. However, I am aware that different people's expectations give them different issues, so it is perfectly possible that this is a big issue to many players. It also seems relatively minor, when compared to other tasks, yet has a direct and constant impact on the player.
    There are more important things of course, all im saying is if it's been done already by a member of the community why can't it quickly be added officially, it adds plenty of improvements so why not?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1885749:date=Nov 19 2011, 01:08 PM:name=Electr0)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Electr0 @ Nov 19 2011, 01:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885749"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There are more important things of course, all im saying is if it's been done already by a member of the community why can't it quickly be added officially, it adds plenty of improvements so why not?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

he does seem to have a point, specially considering the amount of community involvement / contributions thus far..
    (i've been dying to make a better infestation placeholder)
    Well i just hope we get an update by the end of the month now, there's no one even playing most of the day, they should seriously consider more regular updates.
    <!--quoteo(post=1885941:date=Nov 21 2011, 03:42 PM:name=Electr0)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Electr0 @ Nov 21 2011, 03:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885941"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well i just hope we get an update by the end of the month now, there's no one even playing most of the day, they should seriously consider more regular updates.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is what happens when you sell an unfinished game in 2009 and not finish it by 11/21/2011. We just have to be patient as everyone that has the playtester or dev icon on the forums keeps saying.