Natural Selection 2 News Update - NS2 Build 180

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Had some weird bug that someone killed me before I could take a picture of it. Where I was a skulk leaping off the platform and climbing around underneath, and then suddenly i was unable to look below myself and when I looked up. The view would flip upside down. Sadly there were no obvious signs of how it happened.
  • SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
    Something about patch:
    + hit sound is nice(should origin from target which is hit thou, currently it origins from own place)
    + Sounds are nice(power node destroyed sounds maybe a bit too dramatic)

- Fade main attack is too slow, it doesn't seem realistic since its too slow. (why would lifeform just idle)
    - Fade hits cost too much energy, fades should excel skulks in everything or at least be on same level when for example destroying power nodes.
    - Cysts too easy to destroy (maybe stronger cysts when closer to hive is a good idea. Also would like the name pustules more)
    - Alien comm needs to switch hives. (Fact that there can be multiple comms even is not that good)
    - Lot of optimizing needed still on server. (Tick rates are under 15 usually after 10 minutes in game)
    - Slower movement for aliens might be a bit too much. Skulks can be pretty easily controlled with rifle since one hit will slow them down a lot. Its ok for marines.

Some bugs:
    - dropped weapon cannot be picked up, if its dropped by self (at least could not pickup shotgun when i dropped it)
    - picking up flamethrower from ground was buggy

Also would like to see alien armor increment based on amount of hives back in NS2, would end stalemates easier.
  • RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
    Grenade Launchers and ARCs make aliens cry.
    Bile Bomb makes marines laugh as it fails to take down even a single sentry.
  • twincannontwincannon Join Date: 2011-06-14 Member: 104459Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1859082:date=Jul 9 2011, 11:06 AM:name=TrC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TrC @ Jul 9 2011, 11:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859082"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dude what have you been smoking, lerk skill based movement?
    Your snipe is not snipe its a low ranged shot,
    Fade crouch map control and knowledge woah holy weed (I think I know what you really mean though)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I apologize if I was not clear:

Fade crouch allows them to go in vents which promotes a huge amount of strategy that fades did not have before, combined with the extra energy consumption for attacking this allows for much more in the way of "clutch" plays with fade rather than "conserve a lot of health and energy and just blink away down the corridor" (i.e. a very boring style of play). More potential for skill = good.

Snipe is not ranged, it is hitscan. It has been nerfed however and only does half (?) of the damage it used to - at least to structures. Turrets used to take 8% per shot, now they only take 4%. However I think it may be made up for in the fact that you can "lob" spines over things now, although again it's pretty annoying that you can't tell if you're hitting or not.

Lerk flight is very skill based. I assume everyone still thinks they have to spam jump. This is not so. To do the new technique properly, hit jump a few times to gain some initial altitude, then HOLD JUMP and glide. While gliding, tilt your camera downwards to gain velocity and then yank it upwards to gain height. Doing this you can go very fast, and gliding allows you to navigate very tight corners without hitting into every piece of wall/ceiling ala the old system. Give it time. Everyone is just coming to the forum and whining right away because it's a change and they don't understand it. <b>I truly hope UWE doesn't act on all of these first impressions (i.e. revert it) because they've done a great job with the flight.</b>
  • UzrbitalUzrbital Join Date: 2011-07-04 Member: 107858Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1859112:date=Jul 9 2011, 10:32 AM:name=twincannon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (twincannon @ Jul 9 2011, 10:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859112"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I apologize if I was not clear:

Fade crouch allows them to go in vents which promotes a huge amount of strategy that fades did not have before, combined with the extra energy consumption for attacking this allows for much more in the way of "clutch" plays with fade rather than "conserve a lot of health and energy and just blink away down the corridor" (i.e. a very boring style of play). More potential for skill = good.

Snipe is not ranged, it is hitscan. It has been nerfed however and only does half (?) of the damage it used to - at least to structures. Turrets used to take 8% per shot, now they only take 4%. However I think it may be made up for in the fact that you can "lob" spines over things now, although again it's pretty annoying that you can't tell if you're hitting or not.

Lerk flight is very skill based. I assume everyone still thinks they have to spam jump. This is not so. To do the new technique properly, hit jump a few times to gain some initial altitude, then HOLD JUMP and glide. While gliding, tilt your camera downwards to gain velocity and then yank it upwards to gain height. Doing this you can go very fast, and gliding allows you to navigate very tight corners without hitting into every piece of wall/ceiling ala the old system. Give it time. Everyone is just coming to the forum and whining right away because it's a change and they don't understand it. <b>I truly hope UWE doesn't act on all of these first impressions (i.e. revert it) because they've done a great job with the flight.</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It was so simple to glide with the old one... :( You could simply jump two times and start gliding, and to gain height, simply jump once more. With the new one, you have to look up in the air then jump, then look forward again, which makes it a little more complicated.
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1859038:date=Jul 9 2011, 09:10 AM:name=cron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cron @ Jul 9 2011, 09:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859038"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thank you UWE for being open for all kinds of experimentation...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Experimentation is great, but some ideas just don't work, and you don't need experimentation, you just need some common sense.

I feel that the "slowdown" experiment is like this: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6CSIFi78Nw" target="_blank">experiment</a>.

This is one among many wrong turns that have dumbed down the game. Hopefully the devs will get back on track soon.

I think the reason for bad decisions lately is due to an effort to fix problems by piling on more hackish solutions which cause more problems. E.g. "tango" dancing is not something that needs a movement-impairing hack piled on top.

The most frustrating part of the game right now is that everything feels gimped. As a skulk running around I already feel like a slug; as a lerk, movement is still impaired; as a fade, gameplay is not fluid. As a marine I feel like a robot. <b>It's like you poured molasses on top of the entire game. You need to make movement very agile, making use of every dimension of control, only adding on gimps afterward. Don't design movement based on limitations, design it based on liberating fun techniques which instill a sense of freedom. Then you can balance it later.</b>
  • hf_hf_ Join Date: 2011-06-10 Member: 103639Members
    edited July 2011
    Marines shouldn't be able to heal each other without purchasing a welder and giving up a weapon slot (like pistol).

Marine weapons shouldn't drop upon death.. this made sense in NS1 because all weapon were dropped by the commander. Now every marine has a separate res pool from which to purchase their own weapon (thus, it's set up exactly like the alien team). When marines die, they are able to retrieve their weapon. Thus, there is no penalty for death. When aliens die, they lose all lifeform evolutions. Completely unfair.

I think MACs and ARCs should still cost PR from the commander as they are commander-controlled units. I would like the cost decreased for each when compared to B179 -- perhaps 8 PR for MAC and 16 PR for ARC. Commanders need to be able to spend their PR on more things aside from ammo/medpack spam. The same needs to be true for the alien commander.

I would suggest slightly decreasing shotgun damage at close range, increasing its cost to 20 PR, and increasing the cost of the GL to 25 PR. Something needs to be done with the flamethrower.. it's fairly useless and costs way too much for what it does. I suggest having it cost the same (30 PR), but increase its effectiveness by doing the following:

1. Flamer does little / slight damage against armor.
    2. Flamer does slightly more base damage against structures. Any structures that are on fire will be dealt critical (more) damage by other weapons such as the rifle or shotgun.
    3. Flamer does extreme damage against health. When alien armor is depleted, it should cause critical (more) damage to alien health.

I think the dev team wants the flamethrower to be a support weapon, and I think the above changes will reinforce that idea and make the marines work in unison together with multiple weapon combinations.

Dev team might want to experiment with the grenade launcher being only able to shoot grenades as opposed to a rifle attachment. Thus, GL-wielding marines are extremely effective at long distance and particularly against structures, but they are useless when aliens get up-close. They would need to be defended by other marines carrying rifles or shotguns to provide cover. Each weapon needs to have a purpose for marines instead of just being a better weapon than the standard rifle. This can force better teamplay among marine players, which I think is the way the marine team should be played.
  • AbalithAbalith Join Date: 2011-06-26 Member: 106488Members
    Looks like I'm in the minority but the game seems more balanced now than it was. Aliens just need their onos to be able to finish games off easier.

It's no longer a case of 'the fight for the second hive' where if aliens get it up they usually win. The game is better for it.
  • MelatoninMelatonin Babbler Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14551Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1859138:date=Jul 9 2011, 06:02 PM:name=Abalith)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Abalith @ Jul 9 2011, 06:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859138"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Looks like I'm in the minority but the game seems more balanced now than it was. Aliens just need their onos to be able to finish games off easier.

It's no longer a case of 'the fight for the second hive' where if aliens get it up they usually win. The game is better for it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

and for UWE to forget about the JP and HA
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1859058:date=Jul 9 2011, 02:25 PM:name=Runteh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runteh @ Jul 9 2011, 02:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859058"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't know, I think the slow down actually brings a little realism with it - in a way that allows for more tactical combat.

Otherwise I spend my time as Skulk running around chomping like mad because I can't see where the target is.

But I think slow down should be rewarded for accuracy, not your hp level.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Meh I dunno, wasn't there some debate, devs included, where movement impairing effects were a BIG NONO. And now we have movement impairing effects.

There isn't really anything tactical about slowing down your target, the only reason it's there because it makes it easier to aim at the now not so agile alien, lazy "fix" is lazy...
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    slow on hit hugely favours marines who have weapons which fire very quickly, keeping the enemy slowed down for longer, and making it more likely to get further hits.
  • matsomatso Master of Patches Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7000Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1859144:date=Jul 9 2011, 08:56 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Jul 9 2011, 08:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859144"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->slow on hit hugely favours marines who have weapons which fire very quickly, keeping the enemy slowed down for longer, and making it more likely to get further hits.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Slow on damage helps the side that gets the first hit. The slowdown is proportional to how much damage you take, so a marine getting hit by a skulk gets slowed down to half speed (max slowdown) in one hit. It takes four rifle bullet hits to slowdown a skulk to half speed.

(See lua/Player.lua:156 and onwards.)

So, a skulk needs to get the first hit in, or he's likely to loose. With the LOS fixed so marines can't see you all the time, you can actually do ambushes.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1859144:date=Jul 9 2011, 06:56 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Jul 9 2011, 06:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859144"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->slow on hit hugely favours marines who have weapons which fire very quickly, keeping the enemy slowed down for longer, and making it more likely to get further hits.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

charlie been playing counter strike, and you know it. :D

but seriously, its bad idea. you would think this was common sense why its bad idea, melee vs bullets....
    <!--quoteo(post=1859134:date=Jul 9 2011, 01:41 PM:name=hf_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hf_ @ Jul 9 2011, 01:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859134"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Marine weapons shouldn't drop upon death.. this made sense in NS1 because all weapon were dropped by the commander. Now every marine has a separate res pool from which to purchase their own weapon (thus, it's set up exactly like the alien team). When marines die, they are able to retrieve their weapon. Thus, there is no penalty for death. When aliens die, they lose all lifeform evolutions. Completely unfair.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I thought this at first but then after thinking about it (and playing with it), marines being able to pick up dropped weapons is kind of a balancing point against the general alien ability to run-and-gun "snipe the guys with expensive weapons", which marines really don't have when it comes to killing lerks/fades (and barely for gorges). I.e. it's harder for marines to deny alien res-bought player upgrades rather than vice versa.
  • RTVRTV Join Date: 2008-06-09 Member: 64417Members
    <b>BUG:</b>
    The lerk Spores attack is blocked by itself, at summit in the big area at crevice its blocked in air, is that intended?
    Quick idea to make Cysts not such a departure from the old infestation:

Instead of them going away on death, make it so they just burst, or pop or something. Then the "dead" cyst just sits there for 30 seconds or however long. Any alien can come and +use to repair them (much like a power node). If they're not repaired in time, they go away.
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    edited July 2011
    <b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Build 180 is crap.
    <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b>
    1. Shotgun has become even MORE overpowered.

2. Cysts are crap, you can kill a harvester without having to kill it; all you need to do is kill the Cyst keeping it alive. Personally, I hate the introduction of Cysts, there was no problem with infestation early game and when it did become a problem the flamethrower was researched.

3. Fade is very slow and easy to kill.

4. The new lerk is crap, it has low HP considering it is supposed to be a close-range unit, lerk snipe doesn't seem to do that much damage (I hit a guy with 3 lerk spikes and he didn't die). Flying is also hard on the new lerk. Lerk is really slow as well, what is the point of this? You have to be fast if you want to get close, slowing the lerk down is stupid.

5. This slow on hit is horrible, I would understand for the Aliens if they are melee (Maybe an upgrade called Crippling Bite/Hit would be better: Aliens ONLY)

<!--quoteo(post=1859138:date=Jul 9 2011, 07:02 PM:name=Abalith)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Abalith @ Jul 9 2011, 07:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859138"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's no longer a case of 'the fight for the second hive' where if aliens get it up they usually win. The game is better for it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That is because the fade isn't that good any more. He isn't a game changer because he is ISN'T GOOD.

<b><u>In conclusion;
    Build 180 is crap, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Can we revert back to build 179 so the game is FUN again?</u></b>
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1858915:date=Jul 8 2011, 05:54 PM:name=Hakujin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hakujin @ Jul 8 2011, 05:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1858915"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is a terrible decision, IMO. The black really made it atmospheric and dangerous -- it made marines use their flashlight. Who is "everyone" because it doesn't include me!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    I too would like to see a return to the old black/red lighting.
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1858915:date=Jul 8 2011, 05:54 PM:name=Hakujin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hakujin @ Jul 8 2011, 05:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1858915"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is a terrible decision, IMO. The black really made it atmospheric and dangerous -- it made marines use their flashlight. Who is "everyone" because it doesn't include me!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1
  • WeltenfeindWeltenfeind Join Date: 2011-07-09 Member: 109268Members
    I was reading the comments from this thread, and I don't know what to think.
    A friend told me that the new build is just amazing (maybe he plays only with humans? xD).

I am about to buy the game. I never played it before. But as far as I can see, it is very addictive.
  • MelatoninMelatonin Babbler Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14551Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1859179:date=Jul 9 2011, 09:08 PM:name=Weltenfeind)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weltenfeind @ Jul 9 2011, 09:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859179"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I was reading the comments from this thread, and I don't know what to think.
    A friend told me that the new build is just amazing (maybe he plays only with humans? xD).

I am about to buy the game. I never played it before. But as far as I can see, it is very addictive.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    do! it's great.
    also.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The black really made it atmospheric and dangerous -- it made marines use their flashlight. Who is "everyone" because it doesn't include me!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    +1
  • WeltenfeindWeltenfeind Join Date: 2011-07-09 Member: 109268Members
    The transaction has been done! :D
    Now, the game is being downloaded.
  • RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
    I thought the red/black lighting was great. I want it back.
  • LtJunoLtJuno Join Date: 2011-07-08 Member: 109043Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The aliens really need some help in the next build, they are just pathetic right now.
    Big problem I see is the slow down on hit. Marines love it, aliens hate it. It feels like it was made just to nerf aliens, because it really doesn't affect marines at all. The Skulk relies on it's speed heavily, but if it gets hit by ONE bullet. It's GG for the Skulk because it can't escape.

I don't know why marine's weapon cost were REDUCED either.

I personally haven't had a chance to try the new Lerk yet, so nothing to say about it.

As far as the lighting goes, with the red lights right now, there is no reason to use a flashlight. There is plenty of light in the room, it needs to be pitch black, or close to it.

Shotguns need nerfed as well, not empowered even further. Sure, you reduced it effectiveness at long range. But, you have increased it's power at close range considerably. Damage needs reduced, I am tired of seeing 1 marine hold off against 4 Skulks.

But, Marines are really, really overpowered right now. I have played around 5 games today and aliens lost everyone of them. It's pretty bad when you join a Ready Room and everyone is standing by the "Join Marines" gate, because they don't want to lose. Build 181, please give the aliens a boost, they really need it.
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    Balance is, as everyone has said, a joke. Pustules seem half finished at best. That they don't heal, the hive doesn't register when they cannot be bought, their placement system is unintuitive, and that they are so incredibly bad at what they do really makes this patch a chore to play.

Lerk flight is not very good, it isn't any more controllable than the previous build but it is very illogical in that pressing jump does not make you go up most of the time, only if you aren't pressing any other button. The old flight was bad yes but making it so unintuitive is not the way to improve it. Also their slow spikes just means it's basically impossible to aim them, it is not however impossible to miss with them, you basically just have to spray them all over and hope they hit something, a very poor weapon.

Server performance is still terrible, you cannot enjoy the game and in some cases you quite literally cannot play the game with the amount of lag it is common to find on many servers. The commander interface remains unresponsive a lot of the time, the change to requiring aliens to be in a hive to use its functionality is unbelievably stupid, I really cannot think of anything positive to say about that, and that goes the same for making marines move painfully slowly when carrying anything more advanced than a shotgun, it's just tedious and serves to break marine squad coordination when half the members are moving way slower than the others, as well as making the game generally not much fun as you can't move out of the way of aliens. All in all the patch just feels rushed, which given how long it was delayed is pretty depressing.

Your sound guy is very good however, the new sounds are all significant improvements over the previous ones. I particularly like the new shotgun and grenade launcher sounds as well as the hit effect sounds for marine guns.
  • mokkatmokkat Join Date: 2009-08-30 Member: 68652Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The black really made it atmospheric and dangerous -- it made marines use their flashlight. Who is "everyone" because it doesn't include me!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1
  • Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1859199:date=Jul 9 2011, 06:20 PM:name=Raneman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Raneman @ Jul 9 2011, 06:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859199"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I thought the red/black lighting was great. I want it back.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    +1

<!--quoteo(post=1859208:date=Jul 9 2011, 06:58 PM:name=Chris0132)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris0132 @ Jul 9 2011, 06:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859208"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Balance is, as everyone has said, a joke. Pustules seem half finished at best. That they don't heal, the hive doesn't register when they cannot be bought, their placement system is unintuitive, and that they are so incredibly bad at what they do really makes this patch a chore to play.

Lerk flight is not very good, it isn't any more controllable than the previous build but it is very illogical in that pressing jump does not make you go up most of the time, only if you aren't pressing any other button. The old flight was bad yes but making it so unintuitive is not the way to improve it. Also their slow spikes just means it's basically impossible to aim them, it is not however impossible to miss with them, you basically just have to spray them all over and hope they hit something, a very poor weapon.

Server performance is still terrible, you cannot enjoy the game and in some cases you quite literally cannot play the game with the amount of lag it is common to find on many servers. The commander interface remains unresponsive a lot of the time, the change to requiring aliens to be in a hive to use its functionality is unbelievably stupid, I really cannot think of anything positive to say about that, and that goes the same for making marines move painfully slowly when carrying anything more advanced than a shotgun, it's just tedious and serves to break marine squad coordination when half the members are moving way slower than the others, as well as making the game generally not much fun as you can't move out of the way of aliens. All in all the patch just feels rushed, which given how long it was delayed is pretty depressing.

Your sound guy is very good however, the new sounds are all significant improvements over the previous ones. I particularly like the new shotgun and grenade launcher sounds as well as the hit effect sounds for marine guns.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    +1
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    One new 'bug' I found in 180 is that when you walk into a 'join alien/marine' area, you pass through the wall and fly outside the map.

And is it possible to send the player into the map when they join spectator, instead of leaving the player floating outside the rr?
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1859291:date=Jul 9 2011, 11:05 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Jul 9 2011, 11:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859291"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->One new 'bug' I found in 180 is that when you walk into a 'join alien/marine' area, you pass through the wall and fly outside the map.

And is it possible to send the player into the map when they join spectator, instead of leaving the player floating outside the rr?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1

So... who's keeping track of all these pluses? To the getsatisfactionmobile!