ns2_triad

Comments

• whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1868280:date=Aug 10 2011, 09:55 PM:name=vizionz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vizionz @ Aug 10 2011, 09:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1868280"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm hoping me spending some time to produce this will help you improve this map. I enjoy it enough to hope it gets fine tuned like summit :)
    <center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LpRjL_--aE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LpRjL_--aE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are a gentle man.
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1868301:date=Aug 11 2011, 04:04 AM:name=whoppaXXL)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whoppaXXL @ Aug 11 2011, 04:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1868301"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You are a gentle man.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Let's hope we can get these improvements soon. Alien/Marine commanders being able to build outside the map is the biggest issue with this map.
  • [=Alex=][=Alex=] Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65866Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1868280:date=Aug 11 2011, 02:55 AM:name=vizionz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vizionz @ Aug 11 2011, 02:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1868280"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm hoping me spending some time to produce this will help you improve this map. I enjoy it enough to hope it gets fine tuned like summit :)
    <center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LpRjL_--aE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LpRjL_--aE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok ... was very helpful, I check the map ns2_summit.
    I think I solved the problem of building outside the map.

Also fix things here and there: p

Should work better than ever.

Thank you very much for the feedbak!

11/08/2011 Update: <a href="http://www.super-nova-team.com/alex/ns2_triad25.rar" target="_blank">ns2_triad25</a>.
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1868456:date=Aug 11 2011, 10:16 PM:name=[=Alex=])--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([=Alex=] @ Aug 11 2011, 10:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1868456"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Ok ... was very helpful, I check the map ns2_summit.
    I think I solved the problem of building outside the map.

Also fix things here and there: p

Should work better than ever.

Thank you very much for the feedbak!

11/08/2011 Update: <a href="http://www.super-nova-team.com/alex/ns2_triad25.rar" target="_blank">ns2_triad25</a>.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I will take some time and run through it with my buddy Tempest tonight. I will let you know if I run into any issues.
  • BJHBnade_spammerBJHBnade_spammer Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42431Members
    edited August 2011
    i still think you need to remove the power node in alien start and in the corridor to the left of it as it should not be powered so marines have to build a power pack in order to build in those places. plus need to fix rt in the room with big windows needs to be fixed so you dont need a power pack. maby move one of the power nodes there. also neer the tech point on the right marines need to be able to get out of that vent properly ive had to use console kill when getting stuck in there before.
  • ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    You can turn on annotations and see a bunch of issues people have annotated.
  • Trainee.gerTrainee.ger Join Date: 2011-05-22 Member: 100097Members
    how can you leave annotations and how can you see them as a mapper?
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    edited August 2011
    displayannotations true

and

annotate your text here (e.g annotate Skulks can climb through this part of the map)
    edited August 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1870090:date=Aug 19 2011, 06:40 PM:name=Wilson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wilson @ Aug 19 2011, 06:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1870090"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->displayannotations true

and

annotate your text here (e.g annotate Skulks can climb through this part of the map)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hello!

It was helpful to see directly the annotations of the players

And change the minimap to make it look as it should.!

I made several changes to my map hope it works properly.

Download : <a href="http://www.super-nova-team.com/alex/ns2_triad26.rar" target="_blank">ns2_triad26</a>

Edit: I put the new vercion a few days ago, someone could upload in some server? And to our friends "Australia-Pure NS2" server (running ns2_triad25) update the map please! It helped the notes left by the players.

Thank you very much!
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2011
    Scratch that, PM sent(ing)
  • fakker2fakker2 Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13913Members
    alex muy bueno el mapa, estaba viendo los videos de NS2HD y jjaj cuando aparecio alex dije naaaaa

muy bueno eh!! a ver si te lo hacen oficial y te pago una trola
    anymore updates on this map?
    How is production going on this? We haven't seen any updates in a while!!! Don't give up!!!
    Help! A few days ago, I changed the windows7 for windows 7 64 and since then I fail to create the minimap.
    Created it by dragging the map to a file. Bat and always worked for me. But it seems that changing the route of the steam can not get work.

How do I create the minimap?

If someone can give me a hand would appreciate it.
    <!--quoteo(post=1877212:date=Sep 27 2011, 08:37 PM:name=[=Alex=])--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([=Alex=] @ Sep 27 2011, 08:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1877212"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Help! A few days ago, I changed the windows7 for windows 7 64 and since then I fail to create the minimap.
    Created it by dragging the map to a file. Bat and always worked for me. But it seems that changing the route of the steam can not get work.

If someone can give me a hand would appreciate it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I would reach out to Barlow or Dux, heck, maybe even Jona can help you! You can run applications in compatibility mode with WinXPSP3 in casevyo ut didnt know ;)
  • HackepeterHackepeter Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17107Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1877212:date=Sep 28 2011, 02:37 AM:name=[=Alex=])--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([=Alex=] @ Sep 28 2011, 02:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1877212"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

If someone can give me a hand would appreciate it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

open a command prompt: [Windows-Key]+[R] and type "cmd" -> OK. Navigate to your NS2 folder with typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2" [ENTER] and finally type: "overview maps\ns2_yourmapname.level ns2" [ENTER] this should work for you. I also have Win7 x64 here.
    <!--quoteo(post=1877262:date=Sep 28 2011, 08:54 AM:name=Hackepeter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hackepeter @ Sep 28 2011, 08:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1877262"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->open a command prompt: [Windows-Key]+[R] and type "cmd" -> OK. Navigate to your NS2 folder with typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2" [ENTER] and finally type: "overview maps\ns2_yourmapname.level ns2" [ENTER] this should work for you. I also have Win7 x64 here.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Great work bud, I am glad to see you providing assistance to Alex :)
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2011
  • konatakonata Join Date: 2011-08-24 Member: 118296Members
    What was that about the animations?

I lol'd.
    edited September 2011
    Well, first of all thanks for the help Hackepeter!

I bring you the latest vercion <a href="http://www.super-nova-team.com/alex/ns2_triad_alpha1.rar" target="_blank">ns2_triad_alpha1</a> I hope the next is the final, we'll see how it behaves.

Thank you very much everyone for their support and ask if I kept working on my map.
    <!--quoteo(post=1877385:date=Sep 28 2011, 09:51 PM:name=[=Alex=])--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([=Alex=] @ Sep 28 2011, 09:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1877385"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Well, first of all thanks for the help Hackepeter!

I bring you the latest vercion <a href="http://www.super-nova-team.com/alex/ns2_triad_alpha1.rar" target="_blank">ns2_triad_alpha1</a> I hope the next is the final, we'll see how it behaves.

Thank you very much everyone for their support and ask if I kept working on my map.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I will be trying this out tonight!

Btw, you should message a forum mod and have them change the title of this topic from ns2_triad15 to ns_triad! Just a suggestion :)
    edited September 2011
    untill the game is final there might be more stuff you have to fix so id go up to beta and keep it there till then

the alien start neither the resnode nor the tech point can be used by either side once the alien hive and res tower are destroyed
  • JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    My honest opinion about the map is that it has some good visuals, but balance-wise, its horrible. I have annotated some of it, but its got serious balance issues. The single biggest, is that if marines control communications, the game is over, 3 tech points can be sieged from that location(including alien start from the corridor just north of it, which aliens would have to take a longer route to get to if the marines set up sieges there), and one set of sieges wouldnt even have to undeploy to kill 2 of the hives. On top of that, the one hive location that is not siegable from that position is the furthest away from alien start, and the closest to marine start. I forget the name of that hive, but basically the time it takes to get to that hive from alien start is about 34 seconds, and to walk there from marine start is 15 seconds. To create balance, both teams have to have equal access to the tech points, so you have to shift that hive so that the times are equal. I believe the walk time between the other hives is balanced to about 25 seconds, so that should be fine.

The other thing that is very difficult about the map is that some of the paths you made wind around alot, but if you try to figure out where to go by looking at the minimap, the room you are in is a big square, and the winding path is all within that room, so you cant use your minimap to find your way. Also there are places you cant access that clearly look like you can access them by looking at the minimap. I believe that is an elevator you intend to add later, but its very confusing to try and play the map when you see a clear hallway, but cant use it. Overall I think the map is too tightly packed. It would be very difficult for aliens to set up any forward bases that could not be sieged. The size is pretty similar to summit, but I just think the paths you chose are too clustered together.

I believe in order to call this final, those issues have to be addressed first, it has some good visuals, I just dont think the map has any balance at all.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2011
    Hi Alex. Can you fix the Marine Spawn location name? It has an extra new line character at the end. Also, the Resource Node at Alien Start cannot be re-built on.

Some other problems with the map are that the tech nodes, and resource nodes are really far apart on the alien side, whereas those on the Marine side are closer. The travel distance between some of the tech nodes are quite short (I could sprint from Marine start to Alien Start in under 40 seconds).
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    I agree with Jonacrab that the siegespot for the 3 tech points need to be adressed somehow, would like to see an update that fixes that problem :)
    Other than that, the few times I've played this map, I really liked it. Hope to see it fixed, then we might do a pcw/playtest on it, and give you a video :)
    you have to fix it to use the new power system now. any more progress on this?
    edited November 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1887327:date=Nov 28 2011, 01:29 PM:name=BJHBnade_spammer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJHBnade_spammer @ Nov 28 2011, 01:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1887327"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->you have to fix it to use the new power system now. any more progress on this?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I took some time and decided to completely remake the map, new places and some of the latest vercion. I'm working on it, it's almost like starting again, but worth it.

When I have something solid I share with you ...
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    in regards to people's complaints about the minimap not helping them with winding hallways:

when you make your minimap, save a new copy of your level and then delete everything except what you would want people to see on the minimap. then run the minimap generation.
  • konatakonata Join Date: 2011-08-24 Member: 118296Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1887377:date=Nov 28 2011, 11:35 PM:name=Tig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tig @ Nov 28 2011, 11:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1887377"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->in regards to people's complaints about the minimap not helping them with winding hallways:

when you make your minimap, save a new copy of your level and then delete everything except what you would want people to see on the minimap. then run the minimap generation.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Select your commander invisible group, make it a layer. Enable all layers but your new commander invisible. CTRL+A + DEL.

^ The quick pro-quo on how to do it easily.
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1887378:date=Nov 28 2011, 04:55 PM:name=konata)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (konata @ Nov 28 2011, 04:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1887378"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Select your commander invisible group, make it a layer. Enable all layers but your new commander invisible. CTRL+A + DEL.

^ The quick pro-quo on how to do it easily.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

quid pro quo "what for what"?