Your feedback on our tweets here

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Babblers! Feature creep :D?
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How did BABBLERS sneak into our playtest?!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They want to sneak into the patch! Bring em on! :D
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Babblers? pics or it didn't happen
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    show it live on the stream!!!!!!!!!
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    i think he was referring to some of the posters on this forum.

:brianface:
    j/k lol
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited April 2012
    I remember charlie saying they'd only have one day to playtest 205, does this mean they plan to patch tomorrow? :p
    I'm so psyched for this patch
  • MuYeahMuYeah Join Date: 2006-12-26 Member: 59261Members
    I hope babblers can xenocide
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    i hope babblers can scale walls
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Babblers are not going to be in this patch. Sorry, guys.

--Cory
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Ah well, can't wait to try them out eventually!

Any chance at the concept art ;D?
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    babblers babblers babblers babblers....babblers???
  • sickboysickboy Join Date: 2003-09-13 Member: 20804Members, Constellation
    edited April 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->RT @max_mcguire: If you liked Titan Quest, check out @grimdawn <a href="http://t.co/rRJlw0oj:" target="_blank">http://t.co/rRJlw0oj:</a> same designer, same engine, more hardcore, more indie<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Craaapp... yet another Kickstarter I have to be part of. Gonna be broke, and have way too many games to play once they all come out. Thanks though, wouldn't have heard about it otherwise!

If it's the same engine, it's the one you (Max) did/worked on, correct? Or have I completely lost my mind in thinking that you were (or were at least one of) the guru(s) behind it? Loved TQ, but it just wasn't gritty enough to my taste. Still one of the best (and more uniquely themed) ARPGs post-Diablo 2 if you ask me though (D2 being my heroin). Grim Dawn looks like the exact blend I've been craving for so many years (and one that a particular sequel coming out that I'm the beta for has, at least so far, completely failed at, sadly). Gotta start training up my clicking finger!
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Please no more disabling abilities on the onos, it's bad enough that we have to put up with gore and stomp.
  • SmasherSmasher Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 43732Members
    I'm curious about what the "Charge" (from Schimmel) could be.. something like the old Onos charge?
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The babblers are killing the server so they aren't going out in 205. They weren't planned to anyways, but they need more work.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

These feelings....

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nf-ANnjvrlA"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nf-ANnjvrlA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
  • SmasherSmasher Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 43732Members
    "The babblers are killing the server so they aren't going out in 205. They weren't planned to anyways, but they need more work."
    Is there any footage of them at least?:)
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    +1 for some footage
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    am too eager to see which babbler model you guys went with from that concept collage you released years ago. or were none of them chosen?
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    I thought the spidery one was chosen, it was used in the babbler king 'concept art'.
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Pondering deep thoughts, inspired by WorthyRival (http://t.co/MWSL5oIV). Oh, how right you are good sir.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As much as I like all things slimy in virtual reality, I'd much prefer stuff growing from the infestation than Drifter mutation ^^

Twiggeh's idea is a pretty good start: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=117856&view=findpost&p=1926345" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...t&p=1926345</a>
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yesterday we implemented a fix to a very subtle delay in most attacks. Eg, there was a 12 ms delay for the shotgun.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    how ive missed my surgical shotgun, my skills with the shottie in ns2 have been horrible compared to ns1. this bug has been one of the reasons ive stayed away from the shotgun in ns2
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Design task Drifters v2.0 has appeared with status Started<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So I suppose this means you guys aren't removing the drifter? (Sounded that way based on yesterday's tweet)
    <!--quoteo(post=1926768:date=Apr 18 2012, 09:14 AM:name=Xarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xarius @ Apr 18 2012, 09:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1926768"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So I suppose this means you guys aren't removing the drifter? (Sounded that way based on yesterday's tweet)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

To be honest, yesterday's tweet was kinda vague :P

I'm very interested to see the result after the level of thought for Alien Comm. v2.0.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited April 2012
    I've read the new design notes on drifter 2.0

So it's only ability is the enzyme mist? And it can be used for scouting too.

Will it always be camouflaged even off of infestation? How will marines spot them and kill them?
    I hope Camouflage is similar to the evolution for lifeforms, so moving a Drifter is a risk for the Comm. to take in frequently traveled routes.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1926877:date=Apr 18 2012, 03:53 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Apr 18 2012, 03:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1926877"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've read the new design notes on drifter 2.0

So it's only ability is the enzyme mist? And it can be used for scouting too.

Will it always be camouflaged even off of infestation? How will marines spot them and kill them?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Scouting, enzyme mist, and cloaking attacks on marines. When you see a mist go down, the marine commander should scan to reveal the drifter so the marines can kill it. It's no different than a PvT starcraft match with observatories and scans.
  • olisisolisis Join Date: 2003-02-01 Member: 12944Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1926881:date=Apr 18 2012, 05:04 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Apr 18 2012, 05:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1926881"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Scouting, enzyme mist, and cloaking attacks on marines. When you see a mist go down, the marine commander should scan to reveal the drifter so the marines can kill it. It's no different than a PvT starcraft match with observatories and scans.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm foreseeing lots of "Find the hidden drifter in marine base" minigames for the marines after the start of each match.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's Clog-madness! Gorges are building stuff all over the place. Looks like #minecraft in here...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm getting hyped up again!
  • SolitarioSolitario Join Date: 2006-10-29 Member: 58097Members
    sounds awesome!!! :D
    finally the people will (hopefully) get the gorge they want
    Hehe, Clog will be very useful as roadblocks. The Gorge can impede Marine advance/escape!
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sorry if this sounds dumb but, what is a Clog? I thought it was referencing the wooden shoes/how the gorges sound like them on.