Your feedback on our tweets here

Comments

• NagusNagus Join Date: 2012-01-12 Member: 140163Members
    I would have to say that the UWE team did what i was affraid of and shoot to their own foot with B190.

1. Thanks to reduced lag aliens die XX% more faster, was this taken in to account at all?

2. Why do marine's still have sprint? was it not suppose to be so that aliens have the greater mobility as it is now the marines can swarm the entire map and cap resource towers notime. marine phase tech is the one that should balances slower movement towards endgame.

3. We all like Grenades in the form of spam and now we have to endure mine spam too why? did the aliens protest of not having enough variety in their explosive lunch?

4. Were Gorges not suppose to get a breather when it comes to healing in stationary? even now energy becomes quickly an issue only sigh of reflief is that aliens can regen alot on their own with regeneration but that does not help structures that lack firepower as it is.

5. Why do Gorges still have bilebomb were that not suppose to get removed in favor of whips as anti structure ability? even if Gorges still have it when a Gorge goes to bilebomb any enemy structure only to die when marine farts in any direction.

6. Since hydra's are next to useless the only fun thing is to spread cysts around and look at the delightfull marines when they get to destroy them with their pew pew uber boost weapons. I for one do not understand what role the UWE team intends for the Gorge to have. ATM it feels like the Gorge has the word USELESS tattooed on the poor Gorgies hide.

7. Marine structure building speed is way out of balance when taking in to account the the low antistructure abilities of the alien team.

8. Nanoshield too? with all the stuff currently in the game it is too early to favor marines this much i am not saying it could not be in the game but at this development point it is too early it may have a place in later builds.

9. Shotgun feels less of a shotgun and more like a sniper riffle maybe due to fact that aliens are too slow to retreat before getting killed.

10. Why is there such a huge difference between hydra and sentry firepower? this would not be that of a huge problem if Onos was released already as the base/minibase breaker. A 1 skulk dies before even getting close to sentries but however an unchallenged marine can take out ten's of hydras until running out of ammo which is very unlikely.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1893943:date=Jan 12 2012, 09:15 PM:name=Nagus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nagus @ Jan 12 2012, 09:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893943"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2. Why do marine's still have sprint? was it not suppose to be so that aliens have the greater mobility as it is now the marines can swarm the entire map and cap resource towers notime. marine phase tech is the one that should balances slower movement towards endgame.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yea I'd like to see that one go too, up the walking-speed a bit and drop sprinting. It's reminiscent of CoD-esque games, which I really don't care for.
  • acid_rainacid_rain NS2 NAPT Mascot Austin, TX Join Date: 2010-02-16 Member: 70588Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    We didn't really focus on balance for this patch, so the things you're talking about there weren't really changed too much. We just had a playtest and we're definitely aware that the aliens are at a disadvantage. What we're seeing from playing is that aliens are very dominant and can control the entire map, but if the marines are able to stay alive, and get armor upgrades, the aliens are unable to scale with that. We're very aware that things are imbalanced as of right now, and so we're working on a hotfix patch that will hopefully clean up some of those issues. While it won't fix everything balance related, it will help a little.
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    Are armour upgrades working for aliens? I haven't seen it acknowledged yet.

Build crag, build 3 shells, but fade still has max of 80 armour (with carapace). Since Flayra just said there's no hp related balance changes, I'm guessing its a bug or I'm doing it wrong.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1893943:date=Jan 13 2012, 05:15 AM:name=Nagus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nagus @ Jan 13 2012, 05:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893943"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->1. Thanks to reduced lag aliens die XX% more faster, was this taken in to account at all?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I never thought I'd see the day that someone complained about LESS lag.

;)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1893943:date=Jan 12 2012, 01:15 PM:name=Nagus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nagus @ Jan 12 2012, 01:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893943"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would have to say that the UWE team did what i was affraid of and shoot to their own foot with B190..<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

nice friendly attitude to go along with your first post.. welcome to the forums.
    is it impossible for people to report bugs objectively, (and in the right thread?) or must it always be something personal and require a put-down, demeaning words, or elitist behavior?
    i don't get it.
    is it misallocated passion /care for a product?

on topic: 190 is smooth, and i'm loving the new effects. great job guys
  • Fluid CoreFluid Core Join Date: 2007-12-26 Member: 63260Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think everyone here should just calm down about the black armor. There is no need for hatred and name calling. Such use will never help you get any argument across. Now, this thread is already inflamed enough, so please don't take this as any attack on nobody, neither play testers nor developers. And don't forget the rest. It's not any attack on anyone.

<!--quoteo(post=1893717:date=Jan 12 2012, 03:46 AM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Jan 12 2012, 03:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893717"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I granted black armor keys to two play testers who have made significant contributions to the game (thus I have bestowed upon them our "eternal gratitude"). I'm not really sure why anyone considers this a big deal or thinks it devalues their own pre-order.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If I may add my humble opinion about this and not get flamed for it, I do not think that it's fair for the <b>play testers</b> that they are given the special black armor. If more play testers make as (or more) significant contributions to the game, they probably can't be rewarded the same way, as most of them had it already. Because of this I think that something else should be given to those who have made significant contributions to the game, to reward them for their extra contributions and not just being here early like the rest of us black armor people.

I really don't want to nitpick about this, but those buying the standard edition now also get your eternal gratitude.

<!--quoteo(post=1893904:date=Jan 12 2012, 07:42 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Jan 12 2012, 07:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893904"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We are sorry if this has caused some kind of confusion, but there was never any official statement on our part that said special edition was the only way, ever, that black armor would be given out.
    Nothing ever stated that it was exclusive to the special edition, merely that it was just part of that deal.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, you never did state that. On the other hand, exclusive can be seen as a synonym to special, so I can see how people get upset.

That said, I think the vast majority of people who had black armor bought it for your eternal gratitude and not the black armor. I know I did ;)

To quote a turret from portal: "No hard feelings"
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1893999:date=Jan 13 2012, 02:50 AM:name=Fluid Core)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fluid Core @ Jan 13 2012, 02:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893999"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes, you never did state that. On the other hand, exclusive can be seen as a synonym to special, so I can see how people get upset.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That is perfectly fair, but the word "exclusive" is not used anywhere on naturalselection2.com in connection with black armour.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1894072:date=Jan 13 2012, 10:55 AM:name=Insane)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Insane @ Jan 13 2012, 10:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894072"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That is perfectly fair, but the word "exclusive" is not used anywhere on naturalselection2.com in connection with black armour.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes it is, in the post above you ;D
    Joke aside, I think that the black armor <i>should</i> be something exclusive.
    It would be sad to see everyone running around in black armors.
    I don't mind that it's given to people who contribute with something great to the game.
    As long as it's not accessable for everyone.
  • nUfl0wnUfl0w Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42412Members
    I like the idea of giving additional black armors for outstanding contribution to the game and community! To jugde if it is reasonable to give one I also think uwe is more than qualified. :)

my 2 cents
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    I simply don't understand why people even argue about this. Nothing is being taken away from anyone.
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, just look at Onos Ate Me, for example. This guy deserves to be paid. <b>Lots.</b>
    His Radiance tool actually saved hundreds of hours of work, not just for community mappers, but also for the developers themselves. Take even just 10$ for one working hour saved and you get just a tiny bit more than a useless virtual black armor.

And that is just the glimpse of what <b>we</b> see from the playtester's work.
    QA Testers in the industry are usually working like slaves, but they get paid (at least some). These guys do all that for nothing. Let them have their armor. Hell, let them have black armor on everything, let them have black onos! I don't care, they deserve our gratitude and even more.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2012
    +1, upvote, goldenstar, A+, Like, smiley...
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1894072:date=Jan 13 2012, 04:55 AM:name=Insane)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Insane @ Jan 13 2012, 04:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894072"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That is perfectly fair, but the word "exclusive" is not used anywhere on naturalselection2.com in connection with black armour.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't care about this at all, but you guys are being disingenuous. The black marine armor was listed under the special edition and not the standard edition, clearly implying that it was an exclusive perk. Everyone interpreted it exactly the same way, and it still says that on the site right now. Giving it to all pre-orders now is simply going back on that previous agreement, there really isn't any other way to interpret it.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1894124:date=Jan 13 2012, 01:02 PM:name=Dghelneshi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dghelneshi @ Jan 13 2012, 01:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894124"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, just look at Onos Ate Me, for example. This guy deserves to be paid. <b>Lots.</b>
    His Radiance tool actually saved hundreds of hours of work, not just for community mappers, but also for the developers themselves. Take even just 10$ for one working hour saved and you get just a tiny bit more than a useless virtual black armor.

And that is just the glimpse of what <b>we</b> see from the playtester's work.
    QA Testers in the industry are usually working like slaves, but they get paid (at least some). These guys do all that for nothing. Let them have their armor. Hell, let them have black armor on everything, let them have black onos! I don't care, they deserve our gratitude and even more.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This pretty much sums it all I dont know why we are still talking about this, I didn't buy the black armor for braging rights I bought it to support a company that is dear to me, a company that respects their community and actully listen to them not like what others say but never do, I want to be able to play their upcoming games for a long time from now and I am sure that many of us who preordered the SE did it for the same reason.

The way I see it so what if the PT team got black armor add that 100 ppl to the 30 000+ and its nothing, still we the true NS fans since the first NS will be able to recognize eachother on servers once the game goes golden on steam since people who will buy it there wont get SE.
    Stop crying over spilled milk.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited January 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1894155:date=Jan 13 2012, 04:52 PM:name=rammaj)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rammaj @ Jan 13 2012, 04:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894155"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The way I see it so what if the PT team got black armor add that 100 ppl to the 30 000+ and its nothing, still we the true NS fans since the first NS will be able to recognize eachother on servers once the game goes golden on steam since people who will buy it there wont get SE.
    Stop crying over spilled milk.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    100? Max already said they did this with TWO PTs. Most of us got the special edition because we loved NS1. I understand the concerns, because I wouldn't have given out the black armor either, but you guys are blowing this out of proportion.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1893984:date=Jan 13 2012, 02:34 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Jan 13 2012, 02:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893984"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I never thought I'd see the day that someone complained about LESS lag.

;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

with better performance, people tend to realize how bad alien movement is, which is the problem he tries to point out.
    for example the current shotgun, I've played few games with it now, and it feels like I can solo pretty much for long while.

aside from alien movement which i've been strongly stressing for long time now, the other issue is armory vs commander problem.

they keep trying to balance things out because marines can constantly keep buying all the things they want, for example mines most recently.
    In ns1 mines never been an issue because commander had to drop them so not everyone had them. Same idea can be said about shotguns or anything else marines can buy now without requiring the commander. marines act very independent since they can buy all they need from the armory, even health/armor, (ha).

Another example is nanoshield, ok great idea but it should not be allowed on players but rather on buildings only.

as for performance, hasn't really improved for me. I still spike up and down, and lag as i did before.

aliens feel like big mess to me, and very broken to be honest, anything to alien movement to how each class works and their roles within the aliens.
    and I still hate alien commander, and clicking to spread infestation doesn't feel right to me, It should spread on its own. And if you want the gorge to help spread infestation with cysts, they have to cost energy so the gorge can spam them everywhere. They die to easily anyway, so they should be replaced easily as well.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1894158:date=Jan 13 2012, 04:43 PM:name=Mendasp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mendasp @ Jan 13 2012, 04:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894158"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->100? Max already said they did this with TWO PTs. Most of us got the special edition because we loved NS1. I understand the concerns, because I wouldn't have given out the black armor either, but you guys are blowing this out of proportion.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I understand. what I was meaning to say was "even if 100 of PTs got it" but enough of that lets move on I personally don't care, I bought SE to support and I would do it again even if I didn't get black armor.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1894148:date=Jan 13 2012, 03:27 PM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Jan 13 2012, 03:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894148"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't care about this at all, but you guys are being disingenuous. The black marine armor was listed under the special edition and not the standard edition, clearly implying that it was an exclusive perk. Everyone interpreted it exactly the same way, and it still says that on the site right now. Giving it to all pre-orders now is simply going back on that previous agreement, there really isn't any other way to interpret it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What? It isn't being given to all pre-orders.

Guys, <b>two</b> hard-working playtesters were given black armour keys. That's all. This is not something worth kicking up a stink about.

Now, this thread is for discussing the twitter feed. Please stay on topic.
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Significant assistance to the developers should be capable of being rewarded by the developers in whatever way they see fit.

I paid for the Spec.Ed. because I loved the original game, and have no qualms whatsoever about a "notional" benefit such as black armour being awarded to members of the community for work that benefits the rest of the community.

UWE: do what you like, you'll have the full backing of the true fans of the game

Jealous "standard" edition owners: you might be able to have black armour yet - you just have to contribute something of outstanding value to the game and to the community, and for it to be recognised :-)
  • BJHBnade_spammerBJHBnade_spammer Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42431Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1894124:date=Jan 13 2012, 08:02 AM:name=Dghelneshi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dghelneshi @ Jan 13 2012, 08:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894124"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, just look at Onos Ate Me, for example. This guy deserves to be paid. <b>Lots.</b>
    These guys do all that for nothing. Let them have their armor. Hell, let them have black armor on everything, let them have black onos! I don't care, they deserve our gratitude and even more.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

a black armored onos would be bad ass. replace all the bone with a black leather or black matte color would be awesom
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1894211:date=Jan 13 2012, 02:44 PM:name=Insane)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Insane @ Jan 13 2012, 02:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894211"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What? It isn't being given to all pre-orders.

Guys, <b>two</b> hard-working playtesters were given black armour keys. That's all. This is not something worth kicking up a stink about.

Now, this thread is for discussing the twitter feed. Please stay on topic.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    My bad, I misread the first post. Actual playtesters having it is fine by me.
  • Stele007Stele007 Join Date: 2004-07-23 Member: 30063Members
    UWE, now that the black armor isn't special anymore I demand that you add shiny platinum badges to the models of all original premium pre-orders with the words "Primeval Marine" (or Kharaa) emblazoned on them. Maybe make our eyes glow red too (from the burning hatred of those who bought the game after us).
    edited January 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1894167:date=Jan 14 2012, 01:20 AM:name=luns)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (luns @ Jan 14 2012, 01:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894167"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1893984:date=Jan 13 2012, 09:34 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Jan 13 2012, 09:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893984"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I never thought I'd see the day that someone complained about LESS lag.

;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    with better performance, people tend to realize how bad alien movement is, which is the problem he tries to point out.
    for example the current shotgun, I've played few games with it now, and it feels like I can solo pretty much for long while.

aside from alien movement which i've been strongly stressing for long time now, the other issue is armory vs commander problem.

they keep trying to balance things out because marines can constantly keep buying all the things they want, for example mines most recently.
    In ns1 mines never been an issue because commander had to drop them so not everyone had them. Same idea can be said about shotguns or anything else marines can buy now without requiring the commander. marines act very independent since they can buy all they need from the armory, even health/armor, (ha).

Another example is nanoshield, ok great idea but it should not be allowed on players but rather on buildings only.

as for performance, hasn't really improved for me. I still spike up and down, and lag as i did before.

aliens feel like big mess to me, and very broken to be honest, anything to alien movement to how each class works and their roles within the aliens.
    and I still hate alien commander, and clicking to spread infestation doesn't feel right to me, It should spread on its own. And if you want the gorge to help spread infestation with cysts, they have to cost energy so the gorge can spam them everywhere. They die to easily anyway, so they should be replaced easily as well.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    http:<b></b>//www<b></b>.luns.<b></b>com/humour.html
    Error: 404
    Page Not Found
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    +1 Harimau
    LOL. you nailed it.
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2012
    It's their game, they can give it away for free if they so choose. However all they're giving away to an insignificant number of people is a glorified model reskin. If this upsets you... Talk about first world problems
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1894236:date=Jan 13 2012, 09:52 PM:name=Stele007)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stele007 @ Jan 13 2012, 09:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894236"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe make our eyes glow red too (from the burning hatred of those who bought the game after us).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

LOL, this whole thing was worth it for this line :D
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Patchmania! We just testing Build 192 with a bunch of fixes. Hope to release it soon.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Great! I love fast patches. Hopefully you fix damages they're really broken. Then marines won't win so much. I'm not playing marines the latest build because they're waaaay too easy, even after the pistol was fixed.

So you can't always trust your win rate stats quantitatively. Good players tend to join the weaker side if it's still fun.

Also, I think that it's more fun to lose as marine than as alien, so aliens should have a little higher win rate ceteris paribus, as a design target. And with less skill in alien movement, at the highest skill tier marines will have the greatest advantage, which evens the ratio for competitive NS2.
    What kind of "skill" are you talking about, exactly?
    Are you talking about "execution", which doesn't really affect the play at maximum skill level, only the play at lower skill levels?
    Or are you talking about "result", which does affect the play at maximum skill level, as well as lower skill levels?

For example:
    A greater degree of movement, leads to a better "result": everyone benefits from this; low skill players, high skill players and everyone in between; the maximum benefit has increased.
    Gaining a greater degree of movement by using a sequence of key presses, leads to more difficult "execution": the benefit you gain is limited based on your level of skill, but the maximum benefit has not increased.
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Start with an IP?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Why not. The command chair is already there.