Natural Selection 2 News Update - NS2 Build 175 Released

Comments

• MurphyIdiotMurphyIdiot NS2 programmer Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64095Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1842951:date=Apr 28 2011, 08:14 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Apr 28 2011, 08:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1842951"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Along side a ns2_gamerules fix!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just fixed this. It will be in the next patch.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1843015:date=Apr 28 2011, 08:31 PM:name=MurphyIdiot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MurphyIdiot @ Apr 28 2011, 08:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843015"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just fixed this. It will be in the next patch.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    \o/

Saw it on GS also, in case you're wondering wtf that is. It's a cheering guy :P
  • MajinMajin Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16829Members, Constellation
    I just got back in NS and Build 175 was my first NS2 play.

This game is sooo awesome!!!!

Seemed very smooth over all, but:

<ul><li>Once large amounts of Infestation were placed the server started to get laggy, some people were saying it was the hydras, but even when we killed off almost every single hydra, there was still lag, which started to go away once I burned away huge amounts of Infestation.</li><li>The Armory wouldn't let me USE it. It would resupply and Heal but pressing "E" did nothing at all. This fixed it self after I died.</li><li>The Flame Thrower reload animation is really out of sync.</li></ul>

But over all I have to say this was awesome and I think I got into NS2 at the best time, B175 seems amazing!
    Big thanks to NS2HD for posting his videos and getting me interested in buying into the BETA.

Majin
  • Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    0 ping players got "infinite spawn". They spawn after each pop from the IP so the same player could have multiple 3D avatar in the marine base..
    When you bite a skulk/whip/hive (probably all aliens structure) you hear a "metal" sound effect..

The print screen command get black screen out of the game. (but that is since the very very beginning alpha..)
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1842968:date=Apr 28 2011, 04:48 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Apr 28 2011, 04:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1842968"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So with Marines being able to repair power nodes, we've lost the last thing that MACs could do exclusively. Now the marines can play an entire match without needing a single MAC. Doesn't seem right to me.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it doesn't sound right at all.
    repairing power node without any tool is pretty dumb idea, why was this allowed without any tools?
    is it so hard to bring welders back into the game honestly? If you want to allow marines to repair power nodes at least make some sense how this objective is done.

I've always said MACS need to be replaced with welders. Not only would it bring a more challenging gameplay but marine and commander relationship might grow towards how it was in NS1, its crazy I know. its amazing the difference one little tool can do.

All I could think about, Yo cover me while I push E on this thing. No thinking went into this idea, while many already been saying same thing as I'm, bring back welders and change how MACS work or remove them. A welder will do everything a mac does, while making commander and marine roles more united together.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1843044:date=Apr 28 2011, 11:19 PM:name=luns)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (luns @ Apr 28 2011, 11:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843044"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->bring welders back<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm joining your campaign.
  • KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    edited April 2011
    Oh for f.... not this again.
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Let me say this again, MACs are for balance in different game sizes although become sightly less useful when there are more players. Welders will screw up this mechanic if it means removing the MAC. Having an extra hand for building/welding is always going to be a benefit. Kinda confused about marines repairing power nodes though, since they don't repair anything else, only build.

Tbh tho, even bringing back welders still wouldn't make MACs obsolete as again they <i>are</i> an extra hand.
    edited April 2011
    Anyone else notice that the skybox perspective seems off? I don't know the technical term for it, but when you strafe left or right, you expect objects closer to you to 'appear' to shift more than those far off in the distance. It seems like the skybox shifts way too much considering the perceived distance from the window the background/skybox appears to be. Hard to explain when you don't have the words, somebody help me out here!
    that extra hand usually means marines helping each other rather then running off being a rambo. Commander should define roles in his unite and split tasks between each marine, something we had in ns1. Having bots just ruins this pretty much, ruins means makes the job of a commander far easier compared to ns1 commanding.
    I'm just trying to bring back NS1 commander and marine united relationship.

Although one thing is clear, standing there pushing E has to go. This screams welders need to be back more if anything.
    right now all marines by default can repair power nodes, no research required of any kind or anything like that.
    the welder should be be researched, and bought from the armory, not be a passive ability.
  • MOOtantMOOtant Join Date: 2010-06-25 Member: 72158Members
    Bug: lots of sparks + lag. Isn't it caused by sparks created in prediction several times for same frame? (I had it in my mod :P)
    edited April 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1843057:date=Apr 28 2011, 08:19 PM:name=luns)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (luns @ Apr 28 2011, 08:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843057"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Although one thing is clear, standing there pushing E has to go. This screams welders need to be back more if anything.
    right now all marines by default can repair power nodes, no research required of any kind or anything like that.
    the welder should be be researched, and bought from the armory, not be a passive ability.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Power Nodes are used to define territories. Every alien player can assist in taking a territory by attacking a Power Node, and now every marine player can assist in taking a territory by repairing a Power Node. This is perfect the way it is. There's no reason for another asset like a welder to come in for absolutely no reason and throw a wrench in the balance of this mechanic, and have other potential side-effects.

You stand there and push E to build. You stand there and push E to restore a Power Node. What's the problem?

That's a rhetorical question... Please don't answer it.
  • radforChristradforChrist USA Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6871Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2011
    I jumped on and MAN it's GREAT!

I had a few crashes, and some odd things here and there, but tickrate/fps is high for me and it's really been fun! Only things I've noticed.

<u><b>Bugs/Issues</b></u>
    <ul><li><u>Infestation doesn't drop from time to time</u>, can't pinpoint the cause yet.</li><li><u>On Rockdown, I could NOT put infestation around the tech point in west.</u> I don't know if that's a bug or on purpose, but I think it's a GREAT idea, as hives add their own infestation, and it keeps aliens from blocking CC placement.</li><li><u>Hives can sometimes lose the infestation below them, and it won't come back</u>. Kills area infestation (as it's no longer tied to hive) and structures die...</li><li><u>I've noticed marines are difficult to hit when they strafe.</u> I soloed 2 fades with ~40 HP by emptying all my clips at them (because I was that bad of a shot), and when they slashed me, it didn't register). As an alien I find biting the model gives me about a 1 in 3 chance of registering...</li><li><u>On Rockdown, the vent between the eastern hive and the node below it, if I gorge in the vent area, I can't get out</u>! Can it made a TEENY bit higher so I can gorge and leave?</li><li><u>Could the building drop immediately when placed, EVEN when a MAC is selected?</u> Sometimes the mac doesn't make it, and a marine is waiting, but if I have a mac selected, it won't drop until it gets there. If I have nothing selected, or a marine, it drops immediately. I'd love for it to do this all the time.</li><li><u>Definitely something causing lag</u>, but it was attributed to Hydra, and like the comment above, when most of the Hydras were destroyed, the lag didn't improve.</li><li><u>I still want to stress even regarding the above, the game has been amazing this build</u>. It's almost smooth for the whole game!</li></ul>
    <u><b>Requests/Enhancements</b></u>
    <ul><li><u>For Drifters/MACs, could we get a one time defense/attack?</u> For instance on MACs, could we have a slow recharging Electric shock that electrifies the hull, damaging the attacker and sapping energy? Or for Drifters, a thick cloud that is toxic and allows the drifter to escape? Again, slow recharge, but give them a chance to escape?</li><li><u>I still find that infestation ignores wall boundaries</u>, could we have it infest the walls when if meets a corner? I'd love to put hydras up the wall/ceiling!</li><li><u>On building infestation, could you have a radius boundary x distance from active infestation?</u> In the same way you can only drop an IP within range of a CC, you can only drop a postule (from charlie's design idea) of infestation in range of a mature patch? Once the DI has extended, the postule becomes a small bump in the infestation, and only attacking it will damage/destroy that patch? Heck, the gorge could "lob" the postules a short distance onto walls/ceilings and they just become smaller versions of the primary. If it stayed within map geometry the effect would be beautiful.</li><li><u>Could hive infestation continue to grow?</u> At 1/3 rate or lower of initial, once it reaches current boundary it creeps continuously, up walls, across ceilings, etc? </li><li><u>Can we just USE a crag for umbra to disperse?</u> Small games don't always have a full time alien commander.</li><li><u>Can we have a commander hierarchy</u> where first comm has full access to Resources and plasma/energy/whatever, and can research upgrades and place/recycle buildings? The ones underneath are SubCommanders, and can only spend energy (meds/ammo), give Waypoints, make/change squads, and move/create/control MACs? This removes multiple commanders with separate strategies wasting resources and time, and prevents a major level of griefing. It allows the primary comm to be the general leading the troops, and the sub commanders are the field commanders... The primary commander can at anytime demote his/herself by promoting a subcommander, thus moving him/herself to subcommander status, and if ejected by the team, the next in line is automatically elected primary? <b>PLEASE???</b></li><li><u>Can the circle that appears when a build/structure is complete be NOT red?</u> Makes me think it's under attack. A similar red circle when something IS under attack would be nice.</li></ul>
    Absolutely great job guys!
    <!--quoteo(post=1843064:date=Apr 28 2011, 08:43 PM:name=radforChrist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (radforChrist @ Apr 28 2011, 08:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><u>- For Drifters/MACs, could we get a one time defense/attack?</u> For instance on MACs, could we have a slow recharging Electric shock that electrifies the hull, damaging the attacker and sapping energy? Or for Drifters, a thick cloud that is toxic and allows the drifter to escape? Again, slow recharge, but give them a chance to escape?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    EMP for MACs are in the works AFAIK, and Drifters already have Flare that can be researched, although it's sort of counter-productive since it blinds EVERYONE.

<!--quoteo(post=1843064:date=Apr 28 2011, 08:43 PM:name=radforChrist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (radforChrist @ Apr 28 2011, 08:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><u>- Could the building drop immediately when placed, EVEN when a MAC is selected?</u> Sometimes the mac doesn't make it, and a marine is waiting, but if I have a mac selected, it won't drop until it gets there. If I have nothing selected, or a marine, it drops immediately. I'd love for it to do this all the time.
    <u>- Can the circle that appears when a build/structure is complete be NOT red?</u> Makes me think it's under attack. A similar red circle when something IS under attack would be nice.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->+1<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo(post=1843064:date=Apr 28 2011, 08:43 PM:name=radforChrist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (radforChrist @ Apr 28 2011, 08:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><u>- On building infestation, could you have a radius boundary x distance from active infestation?</u> In the same way you can only drop an IP within range of a CC, you can only drop a postule (from charlie's design idea) of infestation in range of a mature patch? Once the DI has extended, the postule becomes a small bump in the infestation, and only attacking it will damage/destroy that patch? Heck, the gorge could "lob" the postules a short distance onto walls/ceilings and they just become smaller versions of the primary. If it stayed within map geometry the effect would be beautiful.
    <u>- I still find that infestation ignores wall boundaries</u>, could we have it infest the walls when if meets a corner? I'd love to put hydras up the wall/ceiling!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=113258&view=findpost&p=1842552" target="_blank">suggested</a> giving Drifters an ability where they leave Infestation in their wake (similar to the SC2 Overlord ability, but more permanent and would not stop the Drifter). This eliminates the issue of infestation going through walls--since Drifters can't go through walls--gives the Marines an entity to attack to prevent the furthering spread of infestation (like the pustule seeks to accomplish), and doesn't require additional assets.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I still get artifacts with certain entities. This only started in build 173. Certain buildings/lifeforms have strange polygons attached to the center of my screen. It makes targeting them impossible. I can play other games without issues and I know of several other players who have this problem (i.e. only happened with the recent patches).
  • Pr0nPr0n Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13592Members
    B175 is absolutely incredible. Impressive work UWE, absolutely impressive.
  • gamester_5gamester_5 Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64094Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1843078:date=Apr 28 2011, 07:02 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Apr 28 2011, 07:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843078"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I still get artifacts with certain entities. This only started in build 173. Certain buildings/lifeforms have strange polygons attached to the center of my screen. It makes targeting them impossible. I can play other games without issues and I know of several other players who have this problem (i.e. only happened with the recent patches).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I get this as well. Ever since build 170 I think it was. Everything worked fine prior to that build. All builds since then have introduced artifacting.
    <!--quoteo(post=1843062:date=Apr 29 2011, 12:39 AM:name=KuBaN)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KuBaN @ Apr 29 2011, 12:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843062"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Power Nodes are used to define territories. Every alien player can assist in taking a territory by attacking a Power Node, and now every marine player can assist in taking a territory by repairing a Power Node. This is perfect the way it is. There's no reason for another asset like a welder to come in for absolutely no reason and throw a wrench in the balance of this mechanic, and have other potential side-effects.

You stand there and push E to build. You stand there and push E to restore a Power Node. What's the problem?

That's a rhetorical question... Please don't answer it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

great logic man, super.

I take it you haven't played ns1 or actually understand the huge problem (aside from it makes no sense how this can be done without any tool) that this ability is given to all marines passively.
    No research was done, no upgrade was given, any marine at any giving time with no tool needed, can repair - by your logic it makes perfect sense.

I'm willing to excuse pushing E to open, and close DOORS, I like to assume if the room has power the marine can just push the button to open or close it. But explain to me how every marine just happen to start repair power nodes pushing E, not a bit silly maybe? how much thought you think went into this gimmick?

we need to bring back NS1 relationship between marines and commander, marines act far too independent.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    175 runs smooth as silk for me.
  • garthakgarthak Join Date: 2010-12-31 Member: 76073Members
    I dont like marines fixing power nodes by themselves. It takes out some usefulness to the macs. and IF they feel they have to give marines that power, then a welder would be the way to do it. Marines are suppose to be team oriented, but this kind of subtracts that a bit.
    <!--quoteo(post=1843085:date=Apr 28 2011, 11:14 PM:name=luns)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (luns @ Apr 28 2011, 11:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843085"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->great logic man, super.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo(post=1843085:date=Apr 28 2011, 11:14 PM:name=luns)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (luns @ Apr 28 2011, 11:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843085"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->by your logic it makes perfect sense.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm glad you see it now :)
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you gave the marines all the abilities of a mac. (Aside from EMP blast) Macs still wouldn't be useless.

Sure they wouldn't be the backbone of the marine team like they were initially but the level of teamwork would fit the marines very well.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    edited April 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1843062:date=Apr 29 2011, 12:39 AM:name=KuBaN)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KuBaN @ Apr 29 2011, 12:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843062"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You stand there and push E to build. You stand there and push E to restore a Power Node. What's the problem?

That's a rhetorical question... Please don't answer it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not rhetorical, you just don't want an answer because it's not the same as yours.

There's a problem with both. Just give the marine a damn welder, so you can build and repair with that. Call it popular demand.
    edited April 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1843204:date=Apr 29 2011, 04:57 PM:name=Thaldarin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thaldarin @ Apr 29 2011, 04:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843204"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's not rhetorical, you just don't want an answer because it's not the same as yours.

There's a problem with both. Just give the marine a damn welder, so you can build and repair with that. Call it popular demand.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It is rhetorical, because I, the one that asked it, stated it as such, and that's how that works... but semantics aside, I don't want the answer because I've heard it time and time again and it's, in my opinion, a negligible one by comparison to the issues that it brings. The only problem I've seen proven so far is the "immersion" or "realism" factor, which is not worth sacrificing gameplay over.

All Alien lifeforms can assist in capturing this point. All Marine roles can assist in capturing this point. What is the issue? Where is the imbalance? If the welder were just an aesthetic player model that was brought up when your weapon goes away so that it doesn't just look like your staring at the building to construct it, fine, but welders also imply that players can restore each others' armor. <b>That</b> mechanic is in no way related to the issue that allegedly arises from letting players +use to repair power nodes, and yet the inclusion of welders implies that this mechanic would go in as well.

It's throwing something into the mix that isn't necessarily validated. Like Congress piggybacks bills. That's just asking for more issues.
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited April 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1843204:date=Apr 29 2011, 02:57 PM:name=Thaldarin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thaldarin @ Apr 29 2011, 02:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843204"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's a problem with both. Just give the marine a damn welder, so you can build and repair with that. Call it popular demand.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think a welder is inevitable here. TBH marines should need welders to repair, although it shouldn't effect their building abilities. NS1 had it down perfect but was missing the MAC which solves game scaling and provides more options for a commander. Different and better. I'm sure at worst case the community will come up with the artwork if needed. :)

<!--quoteo(post=1843215:date=Apr 29 2011, 03:21 PM:name=KuBaN)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KuBaN @ Apr 29 2011, 03:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843215"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->but welders also imply that players can restore each others' armor.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Considering in NS2 meds and the armory repair armor too... don't see this as an issue? It also promotes player-player teamwork...
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1843157:date=Apr 29 2011, 04:59 PM:name=garthak)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (garthak @ Apr 29 2011, 04:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843157"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I dont like marines fixing power nodes by themselves. It takes out some usefulness to the macs. and IF they feel they have to give marines that power, then a welder would be the way to do it. Marines are suppose to be team oriented, but this kind of subtracts that a bit.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not really, it's far better to send a mac and commanders know it, you don't have marines to spare most of the time, but they can do it in a pinch.
    <!--quoteo(post=1843216:date=Apr 29 2011, 05:24 PM:name=Lazer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lazer @ Apr 29 2011, 05:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843216"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Considering in NS2 meds and the armory repair armor too... don't see this as an issue? It also promotes player-player teamwork...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The general consensus is that's a bug/technical oversight, and not an intended feature. For the sake of preserving my faith in this game, I'm continuing with that assumption until a Dev has proven otherwise.
  • Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    This build is too much unstable. At least 5 crash tonight, and i've not finish playing the game..
    Hang on a second while I jam my hand inside a power port that powers the whole room... waiting...waiting... MY HAND DIDNT BURN AND THE POWER IS BACK ON!
  • DeeDee Canada Join Date: 2002-12-15 Member: 10836Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><ul><li>Fixed bug where Skulks would not properly walk up stairs or be attracted to walls</li></ul><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

At last the debate on Kharaa mating preferences can be put to rest.

I think I owe someone a dollar...