not logging in properly

tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
For the last few days, each time I've logged in, the front page hasn't updated, it just says Login rather than <username> (Logout)
It stays the same, even when browsing to subforums.
It updates if I login a second time though.

Comments

• SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    same here bro!!!!!
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    That's a relief. Thought some nigerian was trying to nick my precious UWE forum-account.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    This was happening to me on my home and work computer but I was too lazy to make a thread about it. Thanks mate.
  • tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
    Well I'm glad it's not just me, but what could be causing it? The forums haven't been updated have they?
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    No ideas.

I've had to log in twice for it to work. And it never saves my login.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    Well IP Board only lets costumers view their support forum so hopefully someone other then Charlie has an account there.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Temporary work-around: Attempt to start a new topic or post a reply or something else you need to be logged in to do, and then when you get to the "Sorry, only users can do that" page, log in from there. Worked first try and it's stayed on since I did it that way.
    I'm using Chrome, what's everyone else using?
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
  • Corporal_FortierCorporal_Fortier Join Date: 2005-03-22 Member: 46079Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1840540:date=Apr 11 2011, 01:39 PM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ Apr 11 2011, 01:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1840540"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Temporary work-around: Attempt to start a new topic or post a reply or something else you need to be logged in to do, and then when you get to the "Sorry, only users can do that" page, log in from there. Worked first try and it's stayed on since I did it that way.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Works for me too, on Chrome. Thanks for that!
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Members, Constellation
    This has been happening to me a lot as well.

Chrome and iOS safari (which is super annoying to log into).
  • digzdigz be still, maggot Join Date: 2002-05-07 Member: 588Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Happened to me as well, persevering prevailed though. This forum has had a lot of customized code for UWE so tracking down the bug might be a little more time intensive.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2011
    Only started happening once I cleared mah cache cookiejar! Had to relog 3 times now today o.O"

[edit]
    Oh and I've got some fire and foxes running loose here, so you can add that one to the list as well...
  • Mr_HeadcrabMr_Headcrab Squee&#33;~ Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9392Members, Constellation
    Same here, firefox 4 on XP,
    edited September 2012
    Works again for me.
    -
    Okay, now it didn't work a minute ago, but works again now.
    -
    Still not working (it worked the first time when I logged in from the registration page).
    Also got logged out earlier for the first time.
  • CerebralCerebral Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17689Members
    I have had the exact same issue for almost 2 weeks now. I'm currently running Firefox 3.6.17 on this machine but I think it's even doing it on FF 4 on another machine of mine.

Every time I close the browser or the tab, I have to log back in again. Also, 95% of the time I have to actually log back in twice because it doesn't take the first time. It seems to work the first time from the main unknownworlds page and it will persist when i move from there to the forums, but not back the other direction.

Please fix this! I love reading the forums but this is making it a huge hassle.
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Use this link to login: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login</a>
    How do you get to that page from the main forum page/main page?
    The work-around I mentioned would bring you there.
    <!--quoteo(post=1844905:date=May 8 2011, 07:06 PM:name=SgtBarlow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ May 8 2011, 07:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1844905"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Use this link to login: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not that we can't log in. It's that it sometimes takes multiple times and it immediately forgets every time the browser/tab is closed. I am logged in now but if I were to close this tab and come right back to this page then I would no longer be authenticated.
    Have you tried it after logging in via that page?
    <!--quoteo(post=1845073:date=May 9 2011, 03:13 PM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ May 9 2011, 03:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1845073"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Have you tried it after logging in via that page?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, same result.
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    This has started happening to me as well recently, both on my home PC (firefox 4) and my droid X.
  • EnceladusEnceladus Join Date: 2004-01-18 Member: 25442Members
    Not fixed :<
    Logging in via topright button, immediately being logged out again. Logging in again, staying logged in for the session, on the next day, logged out again. Today same again.
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    edited May 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1840467:date=Apr 10 2011, 04:59 PM:name=Sops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sops @ Apr 10 2011, 04:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1840467"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This was happening to me on my home and work computer but I was too lazy to make a thread about it. Thanks mate.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Exactly my situation.

Even if, the first time on accessing the site from a new PC boot up, I completely clear the username and password fields, then enter precisely the correct information, it will not log in first time. There is definitely an error.

Note that whenever I go to log in the details are automatically there, waiting for me to press ok. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Also while we're on the topic it would be really nice to change the 'saved' user/pass info box background so the text is distinguishable. Right now the text is light grey and the background is cream yellow.

I'm in Chrome btw.
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    I am using that link i gave and I have been logged in to the forum for weeks now, The top right login fails for me logging me out every 5 mins.
  • Corporal_FortierCorporal_Fortier Join Date: 2005-03-22 Member: 46079Members, Constellation
    Align's workaround has been working for me for a month now, did it once and never got logged out again on both my desktop and laptop (using Chrome). Can those for whom it doesn't seem to work, can you try it in another browser (maybe dig out that old and dusty IE just to try the fix, maybe someone keeps stealing your cookies!)
  • digzdigz be still, maggot Join Date: 2002-05-07 Member: 588Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-"Twitter"+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("Twitter")</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The forum time and cookie issues should be fixed now. Let us know if you continue to have problems<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Anyone still having problems?

Maybe try clearing your cache? Rebooting? Hitting your PC with a sledgehammer?