Why doesnt the grenade launcher explode on impact.

124»

Comments

• current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    SUPER_SARS wrote: »
    Narfwak wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Jekt wrote: »
    but there defiantly shouldn't be the safe distance timer where they just bounce off an alien.
    Wasn't this added (fairly recently) to stop fades getting raped by GLs point blank? I think nerfing grenade to lifeform damage would have been enough though...
    Correct. Without the minimum arming distance a GL could be used as a super shotgun against large targets and it was very stupid. I can't remember exactly when that was changed but it's not too recent.

It still doesnt work or is to low. There are plenty of times that I've been killed by a GL shot thats damn near point blank.

It works. It could be due to lag your experiences? I bounce grenades off gorges and skulks all the time in play tests for kicks. Watch out if you do it to gorges their plates bounce the nade right back... X_X
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    The minimum range isn't very far. If you're moving towards a target as they fire at you it's very possible that you won't see the grenade explosion until you're at point blank range while the server has already seen a hit while you were still closing the gap and outside the minimum range.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    PoNeH wrote: »
    Real grenades don't hit on impact, why should these? Having them time-sensitive allows you to be more creative and more protected when attacking structures from different angles. It is not meant to be a meele weapon.

nanites.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    It does when it hits me.
  • Not FlayraNot Flayra Join Date: 2012-05-18 Member: 152282Members
    I heard it was because Hugh wanted them to make a 'CLONK' noise when you hit a Kharaa in the head with one, but Max couldn't code up the tweeting-birds particle effect in time and still make it look good.