NS2 Progress

Comments

• FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am happy to read Marines will lose the tech when Armslab/Armory gets killed.
    It is silly now to buy a GL on each armory (even non advanced) build.
    And like the Poster above me said, it is just fair!

Btw I have a question. Some weeks ago I saw a taske about Redemtion/Regen. It is still planed?
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1872778:date=Sep 2 2011, 09:10 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Sep 2 2011, 09:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1872778"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Okay I've done some more testing on it. And it's <b>related to the CC being selected when you click on the ground</b>.
    <b>Clicking on the ground(at nothing) should do; nothing</b>. Not bring down your menu because you miss-clicked mouse1.
    This will help the useage of medpacks alot in combat situations.
    For next patch, pretty please? :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Left-clicking nothing selects command-station (it should do nothing) has appeared with status Accepted<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Nice, can't wait to try this. I'm looking forward to the next patch. Keep up the good work guys!
  • NixxenNixxen Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26401Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->reloading not interupted when sprinting<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    My marine boots are shaking and not in a sexy way :(
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Anyway, it's been a while since the last update; what're we building up to/waiting for, at the moment?
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    Something like this would be pretty awesome for NS2. :D
    <a href="http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/general_news/world_tanks_release_plan_2011_2012" target="_blank">WoT release plan 2011-2012</a>
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    "Gameplay task reloading not interupted when sprinting transitioned from Started to Delivered"

/lamentation
  • CannonFodder100CannonFodder100 Join Date: 2011-09-14 Member: 121355Members
    "EXPLOIT - Drifter Pathing"
    Huh, what's this?

"Add icons for pickup-able weapons and packs on the ground"
    This is what I'm interested in. By this, do you mean a HUD element that tells you "hey, you're standing on a weapon" or a 3D element that will stop commanders crying when a marine runs in circles for half an hour trying to find a health/ammo pack?
  • AlchemdaAlchemda Join Date: 2004-02-01 Member: 25942Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1874730:date=Sep 14 2011, 02:20 PM:name=CannonFodder100)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CannonFodder100 @ Sep 14 2011, 02:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1874730"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"EXPLOIT - Drifter Pathing"
    Huh, what's this?

"Add icons for pickup-able weapons and packs on the ground"
    This is what I'm interested in. By this, do you mean a HUD element that tells you "hey, you're standing on a weapon" or a 3D element that will stop commanders crying when a marine runs in circles for half an hour trying to find a health/ammo pack?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Most likley it will be something like borderlands or something.. like a little Floating Icon above the medpack with a symbol, or a Floating ammo clip a foot or so above the ammo, things like that.
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Alot of awesome fixes are being delivered for 186, I am sure UWE has their hands full with getting everything out the door. :)
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1874730:date=Sep 15 2011, 05:20 AM:name=CannonFodder100)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CannonFodder100 @ Sep 15 2011, 05:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1874730"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"EXPLOIT - Drifter Pathing"
    Huh, what's this?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It has something to do with drifter instant teleportation i think and also hiding underneath techpoints... :p
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1874932:date=Sep 16 2011, 12:26 AM:name=elodea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elodea @ Sep 16 2011, 12:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1874932"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It has something to do with drifter instant teleportation i think and also hiding underneath techpoints... :p<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm going to miss hiding Drifters in tech points :( *sniff sniff*
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Oh can't wait for this next patch, it's gonna improve the gameplay in SO many ways!
    I'm impatient and excited, BUT don't haste because of that ;)
    edited September 2011
    What does it mean when something goes into accepted Status.. to me the Status order would seem to be Accepted > Started > Finished > Delivered... But a whole crap ton of things just went from Delivered to Accepted. After further thought the only thing I can think of is goes Started > Finished > Delivered > Accepted. Accepted meaning that QA has accepted that it has been completed and has been "OK'd" for launch
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2011
    Started => Finished => Delivered(Testgames for bugs) => Accepted (no bugs ready to patch)

I smell patch day... at least i hope so, getting a little bit bored of this build... (not that its bad, but you know...)

Hope to see some summit adjustments too. (Currently i think its a bad design decision, that heli is favoured for marines(too open), and Xroads can be shot from the doors. => this restricts alien tactics a bit, not that its not possible to build at Xroads or Heli - but its a lot more risky)
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Delivered means tested for bugs and works, Accepted means it's been merged into the main patch. As opposed to existing in some branch code and maybe not being compatible with other additions
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1875017:date=Sep 16 2011, 06:25 PM:name=Koruyo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Koruyo @ Sep 16 2011, 06:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1875017"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hope to see some summit adjustments too. (Currently i think its a bad design decision, that heli is favoured for marines(too open), and Xroads can be shot from the doors. => this restricts alien tactics a bit, not that its not possible to build at Xroads or Heli - but its a lot more risky)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We've worked out a whole new look for Heli and Psykoman is hard at work gutting it and redoing it, so both the visuals and gameplay will be different in it. There are a few smaller updates to Summit that are ready for the next patch, but not sure if the Heli rework is going to make it into the patch in time.

--Cory
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2011
    awesome! Thx for the info Cory
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gameplay task [185] Aliens are able to weld marines has appeared with status Delivered<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lol
  • HapikaHapika Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 112913Members
    Oh no!! No patch for weekend :(
  • MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
    edited September 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1873731:date=Sep 8 2011, 11:34 AM:name=jergodz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jergodz @ Sep 8 2011, 11:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873731"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's only fair if marine's lose their flamethrower and nade spammer if the advanced armory gets eaten..<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree. Accordingly un-advanced armories should not offer advanced weapons.

On the other hand, I miss the Hand Grenades (also, Mines) from NS1. They weren't too OP, since you only got two and no refill.
    Blackscreen is fixed for 186! Way to go guys, keep it up! :)
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Grenade launcher attachment and turrets are killing public play.
    <!--quoteo(post=1875655:date=Sep 19 2011, 11:23 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Sep 19 2011, 11:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1875655"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Grenade launcher attachment and turrets are killing public play.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Indeed. Grenade dmg/aoe must be reduced. They are also very easy to refill.
    As for turrets go, I think it is primarily because of the resource system isn't working really well. Because lots of game elements are missing.
    Its the same problem with hives, if aliens have 2-3 harvesters all the time, they can keep dropping hives.
    Maybe Harvesters and Extractors should cost 15 instead of 10, to decrease these huge amount of resources you can get at the moment.
  • autograderautograder Join Date: 2011-06-24 Member: 106181Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1875337:date=Sep 18 2011, 08:56 AM:name=Melancor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melancor @ Sep 18 2011, 08:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1875337"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I agree. Accordingly un-advanced armories should not offer advanced weapons.

On the other hand, I miss the Hand Grenades (also, Mines) from NS1. They weren't too OP, since you only got two and no refill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1 for grenades

a napalm grenade with decent dps would be cool, especially to see infestation run from it
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1875661:date=Sep 19 2011, 03:51 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Sep 19 2011, 03:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1875661"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Indeed. Grenade dmg/aoe must be reduced. They are also very easy to refill.
    As for turrets go, I think it is primarily because of the resource system isn't working really well. Because lots of game elements are missing.
    Its the same problem with hives, if aliens have 2-3 harvesters all the time, they can keep dropping hives.
    Maybe Harvesters and Extractors should cost 15 instead of 10, to decrease these huge amount of resources you can get at the moment.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You forgot to mention the Armory-humping Grenade Spammers. That is half the cause of stalemates (the other half being Sentries).

Aliens being able to make new Hive isn't much of a problem IMO. They are quite easy to find, and often go down in 10 seconds if they aren't defended.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited September 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1875661:date=Sep 20 2011, 01:51 AM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Sep 20 2011, 01:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1875661"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Indeed. Grenade dmg/aoe must be reduced. They are also very easy to refill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Agree!
    The grenade launcher is way to overpowered.
    Its funny in the NS2 wiki it has only 4 rounds, but ingame it has 6 grenades which makes a defence as alien very hard.
    Also the flamethrower shoot still through walls :(
    The old "ns1" grenade launcher was powerfull and you had to protect it as marines, this was so nice.
    Now the marines got 6 rounds+rifle+very fast reloading+unlimited ammo near armory (refill like in a second).
    But its a beta, i hope its just not done but as gorge its just painful to see how everything of your defence goes down in a second and there is nothing you can do because healing is to slow.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1875725:date=Sep 20 2011, 12:37 AM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Sep 20 2011, 12:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1875725"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Agree!
    The grenade launcher is way to overpowered.
    Its funny in the NS2 wiki it has only 4 rounds, but ingame it has 6 grenades which makes a defence as alien very hard.
    Also the flamethrower shoot still through walls :(
    The old "ns1" grenade launcher was powerfull and you had to protect it as marines, this was so nice.
    Now the marines got 6 rounds+rifle+very fast reloading+unlimited ammo near armory (refill like in a second).
    But its a beta, i hope its just not done but as gorge its just painful to see how everything of your defence goes down in a second and there is nothing you can do because healing is to slow.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually the GL in NS2 can carry up to 8 grenades! They also have a huge explosion radius of 8 (larger than Whip attack range)!
  • CygoneCygone Join Date: 2011-05-29 Member: 101528Members
    twiliteblue is correct, 1 in launcher, 7 in clip.

Pretty sure it is not the gorges job to defend, and yes GL will kill buildings fast, but its not a great deal faster than a fade swiping at a building.

As a fade if you get on top of a marine with a GL its a free kill.

I have no issues with the GL as either a Rine or a Alien.
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    GL is definitely overpowered. Splash range and damage is crazy. It's fine against buildings (it should be good against them), but it's too powerful against skulks, lerks and gorges. It's very difficult to avoid them as the range is so big. A few marines spamming them are very difficult to get close to. I also think that if a marine fires a nade at his own feet then he should take massive damage from it and it should only be used as a last resort.
    edited September 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1875677:date=Sep 20 2011, 01:31 AM:name=twiliteblue)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (twiliteblue @ Sep 20 2011, 01:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1875677"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You forgot to mention the Armory-humping Grenade Spammers. That is half the cause of stalemates (the other half being Sentries).

Aliens being able to make new Hive isn't much of a problem IMO. They are quite easy to find, and often go down in 10 seconds if they aren't defended.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well kinda implied that :D
    And on the hive note, I really think it is a problem. If aliens defend the hives they put, and take out the first wave of marines, but marines get the hive in the next attack. Now aliens just drop another hive on the other side of the map, rense repeat. This is a problem with the resource flow and hive cost. Harvesters and hives need to be more expensive, at least until we get more upgrades and stuff in the game..
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They are also very easy to refill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1875730:date=Sep 20 2011, 09:28 AM:name=Cygone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cygone @ Sep 20 2011, 09:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1875730"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->twiliteblue is correct, 1 in launcher, 7 in clip.

Pretty sure it is not the gorges job to defend, and yes GL will kill buildings fast, but its not a great deal faster than a fade swiping at a building.

As a fade if you get on top of a marine with a GL its a free kill.

I have no issues with the GL as either a Rine or a Alien.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Erhm? Not a great deal faster than a fade swiping a building?
    What game are you playing? :)
    Fades are more like aliens weakest class against buildings.