NS2 Decoda Work Directory

SparkyMcSparksSparkyMcSparks Join Date: 2010-04-12 Member: 71347Members Posts: 22
edited July 2010 in Decoda
Prior to using the free version of Decoda with NS2, I was able to define in Settings command line argument:
/game myMod

That doesn't seem to work anymore.

Someone said because Decoda is setting the working directory to the mod folder.

Is there a fix to this?

Edit: A work around is to just go back to Launcher and set the game to (none) and debug your mod in Decoda with the command line.

A small inconvenience I guess. But if anyone is having trouble, that's the solution for now.

Comments

• khakarkhakar Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72708Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 5
    I'm having this same problem. /game doesn't work for me. Right now I'm using the launcher to launch my mod but I can't debug that way.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer Posts: 1,737 admin
    If you use the Launcher, then Decoda should automatically debug using the mod specified in the Launcher.
    Max McGuire
    Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment
  • khakarkhakar Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72708Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 5
    Then the Launcher isn't properly passing through the command line argument or something because when I use Decoda through the Launcher (with my mod specified) and debug, it launches the vanilla game. I can make a youtube screencap or something if you don't believe me ;)

The "NS2" link in the launcher works perfectly, however.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    edited July 2010
    I'm not crazy, I swear!

edit: by the way, the work around in the original post works for me as well.
  • FireStormFireStorm Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7390Members Posts: 1,975
    I can confirm this still doesn't work as expected on the NS2 alpha.

When I run a game, it just says "Error initializing game at D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\natural"
    I guess it's because of the space in the directory name "natural selection 2".

The workaround still works though (with -game instead of /game).

BUT Decoda DOES NOT SAVE THE COMMAND LINE SETTINGS IN THE deproj FILE.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer Posts: 1,737 admin
    This is fixed in the next version.
    Max McGuire
    Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment
  • FireStormFireStorm Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7390Members Posts: 1,975
    Very nice, thanks :)