NS2 Decoda Work Directory

SparkyMcSparksSparkyMcSparks Join Date: 2010-04-12 Member: 71347Members
edited July 2010 in Decoda
Prior to using the free version of Decoda with NS2, I was able to define in Settings command line argument:
/game myMod

That doesn't seem to work anymore.

Someone said because Decoda is setting the working directory to the mod folder.

Is there a fix to this?

<b>Edit</b>: A work around is to just go back to Launcher and set the game to (none) and debug your mod in Decoda with the command line.

A small inconvenience I guess. But if anyone is having trouble, that's the solution for now.

Comments

• khakarkhakar Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72708Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm having this same problem. /game doesn't work for me. Right now I'm using the launcher to launch my mod but I can't debug that way.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    If you use the Launcher, then Decoda should automatically debug using the mod specified in the Launcher.
    Then the Launcher isn't properly passing through the command line argument or something because when I use Decoda through the Launcher (with my mod specified) and debug, it launches the vanilla game. I can make a youtube screencap or something if you don't believe me ;)

The "NS2" link in the launcher works perfectly, however.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    edited July 2010
    I'm not crazy, I swear!

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZMdfl1pthE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZMdfl1pthE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>

edit: by the way, the work around in the original post works for me as well.
  • FireStormFireStorm Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7390Members
    I can confirm this still doesn't work as expected on the NS2 alpha.

When I run a game, it just says "Error initializing game at D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\natural"
    I guess it's because of the space in the directory name "natural selection 2".

The workaround still works though (with -game instead of /game).

BUT Decoda DOES NOT SAVE THE COMMAND LINE SETTINGS IN THE deproj FILE.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    This is fixed in the next version.
  • FireStormFireStorm Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7390Members
    Very nice, thanks :)