Wanting to make a new chamber

slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 863
How might I do this with amxx?

Basically, what I want to make is a chamber that, when shot, sprays Umbra around it in a given area. And when there is a marine around this chamber, it shoots out Spore gas in a given area.
I want this chamber to only be unlocked when there are 2 hives present.

How might I do this?
I killed a man once.

Check out my YouTube Channel showing off short videos of the level I am working on.

Comments

• CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Posts: 5,602
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 863
    This is all so confusing "-__-

Why can't they make this stuff easier to understand?!
    I killed a man once.

Check out my YouTube Channel showing off short videos of the level I am working on.
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members Posts: 369
    The best thing you can do is make a "request" on nsmod.org and prey ;D

btw an upgrade for Defense Chamber could be the fastest to do ^^
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members Posts: 1,115 Advanced user
    Having a chamber that constantly emits an umbra cloud would be extremely CPU intensive, not to mention unfair. There's already a plugin that sporifys chambers and resource towers, though I forgot the name.
    QUOTE (unknown)
    Admiral, why dont we just breach the hull after overriding the automatic hatchlocks closing procedure?

Last time we did this an onos just put its fat **** inside the hole and lerks just farted a new athmosphere.
    It looked so gross that we decided to never ever do this again.

My Website
    NS Map Archive
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 863
    edited September 2009
    QUOTE (GiGaBiTe @ Sep 22 2009, 04:35 PM) »
    Having a chamber that constantly emits an umbra cloud would be extremely CPU intensive, not to mention unfair. There's already a plugin that sporifys chambers and resource towers, though I forgot the name.

No no no, only when it's shot. And of course it would have to have a cool down time.

Like, it gets shot, releases the umbra in a given area around the chamber (it would be bigger than the Lerks umbra, but not by a large amount), then after it goes away, it takes like 3 seconds for it to release again (if shot/getting shot at).

Same with the Spore cloud, except it's only when a marine gets near it. I can draw up some pictures if you want, that might help explain it better.

Edit: http://www.nsmod.org/forums/index.php?show...st=0#entry52552

Check out that link. It should give you the basic run down of what I want. Comes with images!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I killed a man once.