Options menu is borked

ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
Didn't see any one else complaining, so:

The options menu (where you can change the thread view stuff) no longer works in FF (haven't tested other browsers).

so I seem to be stuck in threaded view b/c I clicked a link from google....

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    as a note if any one else wants to fix this problem for them selves:

append: &mode=flat to the end of any topic URL and you should be good
  • ChocolateChocolate The Team Mascot Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58123Members
    edited June 2009
    I've been having the same problem.

Options bar and anything that looks similar doesn't work for me in IE8 and FF.
    The fast reply button doesn't work either
    Not does the buttons "Toggle side panel" and "BB Code Help" when replying to posts.

Seems like anything that doesn't actual bring you to a new page, only does a function within the current page, doesn't work for me.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated,

Thanks!

PS: Thansal's solution either doesn't work or I am not doing it properly. Do you just add it to the end of the URL or what?
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    yah, everything you have said is known ,and isn't getting fixed any time soon.

click this:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106317&mode=flat" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....7&mode=flat</a>

Should fix you up.
  • Sub_zer0Sub_zer0 Join Date: 2004-05-09 Member: 28569Members
    must admit I get just a box to post stuff in no help with codes etc. and fast reply doesn't work for me in ff either I've just gotten used to it.
    <!--quoteo(post=1711989:date=Jun 12 2009, 06:58 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thansal @ Jun 12 2009, 06:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1711989"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->yah, everything you have said is known ,and isn't getting fixed any time soon.

click this:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106317&mode=flat" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....7&mode=flat</a>

Should fix you up.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nah, I've tried the link you've provided just now, but it doesn't seem to work for me. The options button and such doesn't work on my laptop either (it runs windows XP, using the &mode=flat trick). I have yet to try on a mac, but I do not think it'll make a difference. I hope the devs change this before NS2 is released, cause I would like to post long posts (tricks and such), which requires formatting and these unavailable options.
    My solution is to just put you back into flat mode from threaded. None of those drop down menus are going to work until they fix the forums (something they are working on).

however, you don't NEED anything from any of these menus. What is it that you want to be able to do that isn't available to you right now? If it has to do with posts, well that is all available via BB Code.

If there is something you want to do, either Google BB Code, or just post the actual question.

however, I remember what you make your posts look like, so here is an example (as much as I personally think using markup is obnoxious):

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->[b]BOLD TEXT[/b]
    [i]ITALIC TEXT[/i]
    [u]UNDERLINED TEXT[/u]
    [color=red]RED TEXT[/color]<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

<b>BOLD TEXT</b>
    <i>ITALIC TEXT</i>
    <u>UNDERLINED TEXT</u>
    <!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->RED TEXT<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Color accepts most normal colors, but you can also use hex codes if you want something specific:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->[color=#ff0000]RED TEXT[/color]
    [color=#00ff00]GREEN TEXT[/color]
    [color=#0000ff]BLUE TEXT[/color]<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->RED TEXT<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#00ff00--><span style="color:#00ff00"><!--/coloro-->GREEN TEXT<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->BLUE TEXT<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

there is other stuff you can do. Again, Google or ask.
    also, fast reply works now.

(they are apparently actually working on the stuff)
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1714735:date=Jun 29 2009, 12:54 PM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thansal @ Jun 29 2009, 12:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714735"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->also, fast reply works now.

(they are apparently actually working on the stuff)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Excellent. Maybe the "quote" button will be fixed soon. I know you can still use the "reply' button, but it's a pain if you want to quote more than one person.
    <!--quoteo(post=1714753:date=Jun 29 2009, 02:36 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locallyunscene @ Jun 29 2009, 02:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714753"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Excellent. Maybe the "quote" button will be fixed soon. I know you can still use the "reply' button, but it's a pain if you want to quote more than one person.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    you do know that button you pressed says 'quote' on it, not reply, right?

:P
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1714776:date=Jun 29 2009, 04:55 PM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thansal @ Jun 29 2009, 04:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714776"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->you do know that button you pressed says 'quote' on it, not reply, right?

:P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There are two buttons, a quote button and a reply button. The reply button works and the quote button doesn't. Yes they both have the word "quote" on them but they do different things.
  • Sub_zer0Sub_zer0 Join Date: 2004-05-09 Member: 28569Members
    All seems to be working for me now YAY! even fast reply!
  • Dead-InsideDead-Inside Join Date: 2004-09-22 Member: 31862Members
    Thank god the &mode=flat worked. God that was ######.
    <!--quoteo(post=1714608:date=Jun 28 2009, 08:36 PM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thansal @ Jun 28 2009, 08:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714608"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    My solution is to just put you back into flat mode from threaded. None of those drop down menus are going to work until they fix the forums (something they are working on).

however, you don't NEED anything from any of these menus. What is it that you want to be able to do that isn't available to you right now? If it has to do with posts, well that is all available via BB Code.

If there is something you want to do, either Google BB Code, or just post the actual question.

however, I remember what you make your posts look like, so here is an example (as much as I personally think using markup is obnoxious):

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->[b]BOLD TEXT[/b]

[i]ITALIC TEXT[/i]

[u]UNDERLINED TEXT[/u]

[color=red]RED TEXT[/color]<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

<b>BOLD TEXT</b>
    <i>ITALIC TEXT</i>
    <u>UNDERLINED TEXT</u>
    <font color="red">RED TEXT</font>

Color accepts most normal colors, but you can also use hex codes if you want something specific:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->[color=#ff0000]RED TEXT[/color]

[color=#00ff00]GREEN TEXT[/color]

[color=#0000ff]BLUE TEXT[/color]<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

<font color="#ff0000">RED TEXT</font>
    <font color="#00ff00">GREEN TEXT</font>
    <font color="#0000ff">BLUE TEXT</font>

there is other stuff you can do. Again, Google or ask.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bookmarked =).

Hehe, I never thought of googling the BB codes. I guess I was most bothered by not being able to insert pictures, website links and such. Google will help with that though.

Thanks Thansal =D.
    no problem.

Also, quotes are broken with only some browsers, so if you don't want to edit stuff every time you quote, just use FireFox (instead of Opera or what ever you have)
    GOD DAMN!

I need to stop doing Google searches for crap on the forums, I end up clicking a threaded topic and have to go dig this up again!