Spammers

PrefixPrefix Éirinn go Brách Join Date: 2006-12-31 Member: 59353Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Getting UWE Forums fallged as 'Inappropriate'</div>I realize this is not a problem that is easy to fix, but I'd thought you should know, that the spam bots who post here have already got the address 'ns2/forums' banned from my college, have to surf on 'ns/forums' now.

Can't you add a image verification or something at registration so they can't register?

Comments

• tigersmithtigersmith Join Date: 2004-11-11 Member: 32749Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=1699536:date=Feb 5 2009, 08:30 AM:name=Prefix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prefix @ Feb 5 2009, 08:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1699536"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I realize this is not a problem that is easy to fix, but I'd thought you should know, that the spam bots who post here have already got the address 'ns2/forums' banned from my college, have to surf on 'ns/forums' now.

Can't you add a image verification or something at registration so they can't register?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

there should be, its getting annoying
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    <!--quoteo(post=1698147:date=Jan 21 2009, 01:20 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max @ Jan 21 2009, 01:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1698147"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We're aware of the problem and the solutions. At the moment we're too busy working on the game and maintaining the company to upgrade the forums. It probably sounds easy, but we've made modifications to Invision to allow it to work with our CMS so the process is a bit delicate. And, since the release of Invision 3.0 might be right around the corner, we only want to upgrade once rather than twice.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This discussion has been closed.