userdata debugging via the Watch window?

DLudwigDLudwig Members Join Date: 2008-03-04 Member: 63792Posts: 2
Is there a way to display information on the contents of a Lua userdata value in Decoda's Watch window? I have a bunch of userdata values that contain pointers to other structures, and was wondering if Decoda might be able to display the value of these pointers, or at least the address of the userdata buffers themselves.

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Posts: 1,737 admin
    QUOTE(DLudwig @ Mar 4 2008, 08:50 AM) »
    Is there a way to display information on the contents of a Lua userdata value in Decoda's Watch window? I have a bunch of userdata values that contain pointers to other structures, and was wondering if Decoda might be able to display the value of these pointers, or at least the address of the userdata buffers themselves.

We'll look into displaying the userdata address in the watch window for the next version.
    Max McGuire
    Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment
  • CorsixCorsix Members Join Date: 2008-02-26 Member: 63741Posts: 4
    When the userdata has a __tostring or __totable metamethod, I would like to see the result of that in the watch window for a userdata.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Posts: 1,737 admin
    QUOTE(Corsix @ Mar 7 2008, 03:31 PM) »
    When the userdata has a __tostring or __totable metamethod, I would like to see the result of that in the watch window for a userdata.

That's a good idea, thanks.
    Max McGuire
    Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment