userdata debugging via the Watch window?

DLudwigDLudwig Join Date: 2008-03-04 Member: 63792Members
Is there a way to display information on the contents of a Lua userdata value in Decoda's Watch window? I have a bunch of userdata values that contain pointers to other structures, and was wondering if Decoda might be able to display the value of these pointers, or at least the address of the userdata buffers themselves.

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1672076:date=Mar 4 2008, 08:50 AM:name=DLudwig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DLudwig @ Mar 4 2008, 08:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1672076"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is there a way to display information on the contents of a Lua userdata value in Decoda's Watch window? I have a bunch of userdata values that contain pointers to other structures, and was wondering if Decoda might be able to display the value of these pointers, or at least the address of the userdata buffers themselves.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We'll look into displaying the userdata address in the watch window for the next version.
  • CorsixCorsix Join Date: 2008-02-26 Member: 63741Members
    When the userdata has a __tostring or __totable metamethod, I would like to see the result of that in the watch window for a userdata.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1672530:date=Mar 7 2008, 03:31 PM:name=Corsix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Corsix @ Mar 7 2008, 03:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1672530"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When the userdata has a __tostring or __totable metamethod, I would like to see the result of that in the watch window for a userdata.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That's a good idea, thanks.