Threads Randomly not beign properly marked as read

ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
This is rather intermittent, however I periodically see threads that I have read all the posts in and yet they are still marked with the 'new posts' icon.

This could have to do with opening threads in new tabs, though I have not been able to confirm this one way or another. IT is not simply me needing to refresh the page as I have tried that when I catch it happening.

I am rather sure that I have seen the threads marked with the 'no new posts' icon, and then come back latter with them marked as unread again.

Comments

• DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    edited August 2007
    Pretty sure it's an IPB thing and not just this board, as I've seen it on every board I frequent.

Afaik if you "View New Posts" to see what's new, and "Mark all forums as read" from that same page when you're done, you won't have this issue. This method is preferred anyway, since the new and nonew gifs are normally so close in color they're hard to differentiate.

If you don't want to "View New Posts" simply "Mark all posts as read" on the lower right of the board index and this will do the same thing.

"My Assistant" is another helpful feature of IPB which shows Information / New Posts / Search / Recent PMs.
    Unfortunately they don't have it enabled on this site yet.