Looking for good photoshop 6 tutorials on photo retouch

Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Members Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Posts: 698 Advanced user
want to stop wasting time trying to figure this and that
I am looking for good Photoshop 6 tutorials on retouching digital images (photos). Any suggestions ?

Here are a few things I want to know :

- balancing brightness of a photo : photos usualy have 2 regions where its too dark and the other region is too bright. I want to know of how quickly and effectivly do it withing 15-30 min

- removing any reflections due to lens or sun

- effectivly removing grainyness done by my camera (saves in JPG only)

I have done it in the past but it usualy takes me a while after several trial and errors (I am not a frequent photo taker). I just do not want to waste too much time improving my photos.

By the way, the photos I am talking are about people and places. They are not for texturing or rendering.
Browser [ICE]

GMAX support forum moderator at www.turbosquid.com

You can find my own NS Steam background below all done in full 3d !!!
My Artworks available at Turbosquid until I find more space
and at my DeviantArt
Pre/Selection status
GWFilms
SirAntony

Comments

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Members Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Posts: 10,501
    High pass filter is a good way to do the first one. The second one's tough but you can probably do it with the healing brush and clone tool. Not sure about grain though.
    QUOTE (MOOtant @ Sep 21 2012, 11:06 AM) »
    What is wrong with being a racist?

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Posts: 10,571 Advanced user
    if you are getting grain due to your camera, I would think you have to force the camera to work in a lower resolution, but the same file size...
    <Eternaly_Lost> Me and lolfighter are lovers
  • Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Members Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Posts: 698 Advanced user
    edited August 2007
    QUOTE(TychoCelchuuu @ Aug 21 2007, 02:00 PM) »

High pass filter is a good way to do the first one. The second one's tough but you can probably do it with the healing brush and clone tool. Not sure about grain though.

I assume I would have to use the maximum High Pass value (250) but then how would I apply the resulting layer on top of the original image ? (trying it now)

- 25% overlay looks good but bright areas aren't darkened
    - 25% dodge creates more vivid colors but again, brgiht area untouched

My camera is about 3-4 years old and is an HP-612 with a 256Mb flash card
    Browser [ICE]

GMAX support forum moderator at www.turbosquid.com

You can find my own NS Steam background below all done in full 3d !!!
    My Artworks available at Turbosquid until I find more space
    and at my DeviantArt
    Pre/Selection status
    GWFilms
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Members Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Posts: 10,501
    If one way only darkens the bright areas and another way only brightens the dark areas, do both. Problem solved.
    QUOTE (MOOtant @ Sep 21 2012, 11:06 AM) »
    What is wrong with being a racist?

• notaplayernotaplayer Members Join Date: 2007-03-19 Member: 60411Posts: 4
    - balancing brightness of a photo : photos usualy have 2 regions where its too dark and the other region is too bright. I want to know of how quickly and effectivly do it withing 15-30 min

Use the levels adjustment (ctrl + l). Under input levels, move the left slider to make your photo darker, and move the right one to make it brighter. Don't touch the output levels.

- effectivly removing grainyness done by my camera (saves in JPG only)

Use the gaussian blur filter and a really small radius (.2 - .4) Duplicate the layer. Use the blur/healing brush/clone stamp to smooth out the picture; avoid the edges. Then lower the opacity of your duplicate layer. Play around with the contrast to make the grainyness less noticeable.
  • JaneCooperJaneCooper USAMembers Join Date: 2017-06-20 Member: 231196Posts: 1 Fully active user
    I can share a link with different reviews about photo editing services.Probably it'll be helpful for you) Good luck! https://renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2912576&page_number=1#msg4308627