Looking for good photoshop 6 tutorials on photo retouch

Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Members
<div class="IPBDescription">want to stop wasting time trying to figure this and that</div>I am looking for good Photoshop 6 tutorials on retouching digital images (photos). Any suggestions ?

Here are a few things I want to know :

- balancing brightness of a photo : photos usualy have 2 regions where its too dark and the other region is too bright. I want to know of how quickly and effectivly do it withing 15-30 min

- removing any reflections due to lens or sun

- effectivly removing grainyness done by my camera (saves in JPG only)

I have done it in the past but it usualy takes me a while after several trial and errors (I am not a frequent photo taker). I just do not want to waste too much time improving my photos.

By the way, the photos I am talking are about people and places. They are not for texturing or rendering.

Comments

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    High pass filter is a good way to do the first one. The second one's tough but you can probably do it with the healing brush and clone tool. Not sure about grain though.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    if you are getting grain due to your camera, I would think you have to force the camera to work in a lower resolution, but the same file size...
  • Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Members
    edited August 2007
    <!--quoteo(post=1644993:date=Aug 21 2007, 02:00 PM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TychoCelchuuu @ Aug 21 2007, 02:00 PM) [snapback]1644993[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    High pass filter is a good way to do the first one. The second one's tough but you can probably do it with the healing brush and clone tool. Not sure about grain though.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I assume I would have to use the maximum High Pass value (250) but then how would I apply the resulting layer on top of the original image ? (trying it now)

- 25% overlay looks good but bright areas aren't darkened
    - 25% dodge creates more vivid colors but again, brgiht area untouched

My camera is about 3-4 years old and is an HP-612 with a 256Mb flash card
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    If one way only darkens the bright areas and another way only brightens the dark areas, do both. Problem solved.
  • notaplayernotaplayer Join Date: 2007-03-19 Member: 60411Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->- balancing brightness of a photo : photos usualy have 2 regions where its too dark and the other region is too bright. I want to know of how quickly and effectivly do it withing 15-30 min<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Use the levels adjustment (ctrl + l). Under input levels, move the left slider to make your photo darker, and move the right one to make it brighter. Don't touch the output levels.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->- effectivly removing grainyness done by my camera (saves in JPG only)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Use the gaussian blur filter and a really small radius (.2 - .4) Duplicate the layer. Use the blur/healing brush/clone stamp to smooth out the picture; avoid the edges. Then lower the opacity of your duplicate layer. Play around with the contrast to make the grainyness less noticeable.
  • JaneCooperJaneCooper USA Join Date: 2017-06-20 Member: 231196Members
    I can share a link with different reviews about photo editing services.Probably it'll be helpful for you) Good luck! https://renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2912576&page_number=1#msg4308627