NS2 wiki

BigDBigD [OldF] Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1596Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Centralize all the cultural learnings for mappers and modders.</div>I'm saying this as I'm trying to get some lousy tripod site to give me it's precious particle system informations. There was another excellent guide on NS's particle systems, but it's gonzo. Using the forum search is a PITAbread. So much useful information for modders and mappers ought to, right from the start along with the NS2TR, ought to be collected into a wiki. Various guides, howto's, and quick fixes for annoying bugs (in game particle system editing for example).

So much good informations, all over the freakin' place. Centralize it!
(Heck, all kinds of guides -gameplaywise- could be in it too)

And if the developers are going to embrace modifications with LUA stuffs, well, I mean come on... a wiki would really help that.

And if it's associated with Unknown Worlds, it <i>oughta</i> not up and disappear forever because someone forgot to make a payment/doesn't play the game anymore. (Note: this is <b>NOT</b> an invitation to discuss the forums recent downtime.)

That's all.

(If this has been discussed before, then good.)

Comments

• StopSpazzingStopSpazzing Join Date: 2005-02-26 Member: 42529Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I agree, should be one. Would make for a bigger mapping/modder community. I would love to help with it aswell.
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Join Date: 2003-02-07 Member: 13249Members
    Excellent idea for community support. Make the game as accessible and user friendly as possible, right?
  • INKEDOUTINKEDOUT Join Date: 2007-06-23 Member: 61343Members
    VOTE: <!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->YES! YES! YES!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> A wiki is the best idea ever! I learnt so much sooo quickly just from the SDK wiki. I would help with it! I know the ins and outs of low gravity and have been studying current NS levels almost to a point of madness. I can tell you all about mapping theory, from donuts, the 8 rule to the triple 8 rule (works very well for a starting point of an NS map) and all this other crazy stuff that you don't even need to know. Currently playing around with airlocks, which I hope to write a tutorial on at some point in the future.

<!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->NS2 WIKI: YES!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2007-08-27 Member: 62018
  • BraveheartBraveheart Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62106Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1647340:date=Sep 4 2007, 03:26 AM:name=Mindmeldme)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindmeldme @ Sep 4 2007, 03:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1647340"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My 2 cents really is that NS has been rolling since October of 02 and it's still going strong. I know NS 2 will draw even more people once it's put out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I just made a post about this...
  • ozbirdboyozbirdboy Join Date: 2007-08-07 Member: 61827Confirm Email
    Yeah we need one for sure! Maybe if the developers don't put one up, someone here might have some web space for it to be hosted on.
  • N_3N_3 &#092;o/ Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27291Members, Constellation
    a wiki was suggested before with regard to guides, tutorials and 'how to's etc but this is another good use for one. It would need to be highly moderated by some group however.