ns2_caged

Comments

• PoliniPolini Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164602Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The workshop bug is fixed, i think, because i can download maps again in another Workshop´s games.
    Anyway , im glad Caged is Back.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Apologies to everyone watching Reddog's stream last night. It seems I was using a prop in the ready room (yes, of clogs that double as Gorge poop---don't judge me) that was removed fromn the game in a recent patch, and resulted in problems with consistency checking, causing quite the delay. It's fixed now, though. \o/

CHANGELOG [23rd of september 2013]
    o Fixed the missing clog_test prop issue that broke consistency checking
    o Very minor CommanderInvisible fix in Satan's Butthole
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    The location entity in Aux Gen wasn't high enough for the name to appear in spectator view (thanks @RedDog), so I had to go and release a new build.

Also, if you are the observant type , you might've noticed the incomplete beginnings of a new ready room hidden in a big box next to the old ready room in the last build already, and I figured I may as well close up the walls and ceilings and include it in this build.

CHANGELOG [28th of september 2013]
    o New work-in-progress ready room
    o Fixed a location entity height issue in Auxiliary Generator
    o Slight balance tweaks to Lower Sewer
    Watch some Australians play Caged!

Round 1 of 2:

Round 2 of 2:
    I released a new build today!

CHANGELOG [17th of october 2013]
    o Moved Marine Start a little further away from the center of the map
    o Replaced the corridor outside the north exit of marine start with the original NS1 version
    o Redesigned Purification
    o Moved the Purification -> Ventilation Access vent south
    o Detailed the Stability -> Generator corridor
    o Detailed the Shipping Tunnels -> Upper Shipping access vent
    o Added room around the Stability res node
    o Changed Lower Sewer due to ARC distance
    o Made Caged seasonal

New layout:
    tq8yKhU.jpg
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    "seasonal" :D

nice one^^
    Thanks for the seasonal content go to WhiteDevil. :D
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    edited October 2013
    You can watch my FPVOD of myself scrimming 2nd best team in aus on caged here:

http://ausns2.org/showthread.php?786-mf-FPVOD-of-scrims-matches-thread

Scrim 23/10/13 - Caged - Ascension vs Lord Mayor
    Aliens

Marines

Thanks for posting these, they were good to watch. At one point in the marine video, someone said "you can't go there anymore" but I can't figure out what that was about. Do you remember?
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    Believe that was me... Saying that you can't go from sewer -> Lower ventilation. Then i learned later you can go through purificaiton :P
    Small update today:

CHANGELOG [27th of october 2013]
    o Started detailing the Marine Start north exit
    o Added a vent between Ventilation and its east exit
    o Fixed a number of OcclusionGeometry an CommanderInvisible issues
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey, a big caged fan here from the NS1 times. Been running this map a few months in my server now and recently found a phantom wall, leading outside the map. Not sure if you're aware of this issue but reporting it anyways since it was rather hilarious to see a lerk flying right in front of my commander view.

Great job with the map by the way, people are -really- enjoying it. Always choosing to play caged when it's available in the map votes.

Last picture just shows what happens to a skulk who's trying to walk on that said wall, ending up falling to abyss. :P
    Thanks @Amad, I fixed that issue on my local copy yesterday, and will publish a new fixed build today. :)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I told you last sunday, but I was ignored *pf*

:D
    I remember people talking about getting outside of the map, but it was unclear to me where it happened. :\
    I remember people talking about getting outside of the map, but it was unclear to me where it happened. :\

I tried to tell you but nobody listened^^
  • Martin604Martin604 Join Date: 2013-02-09 Member: 182910Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Back after 2 months of no internet due to moving. Cant wait to try this map out :)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013

I tried to tell you but nobody listened^^

I guess this was a pretty common issue hehe. Reported this like 2 days ago and it was promptly fixed :>

And how do you play with camera animations on...that drives me crazy with the view tilt stuff
    Lil' update, yo.

CHANGELOG [14th of december 2013]
    o Further detailing of Monitoring
    o Started detailing of Break Room
    o Made things seasonal again
    o RIP Satan's Butthole?
    Published a new update today. I was hoping to have more of Marine Start detailed before publishing, but with the Custom Map Cup starting soon I figured I had better release what I have now so it can be tested for bugs. The layout of Marine Start is more or less the same as before, though I moved the power node to be inside the main room.

CHANGELOG [26th of januari 2014]
    o Started detailing Marine Start
    o Fixed some commander invisible issues
    o Deseasonalized things
    o RIP Station Buttress?
    Lots of little fixes today.

Special thanks to @minsci for finding all the stuck spots.

o Fixed misaligned textures in Marine Start
    o Put Colision Geometry on the Babbler on the wall in Marine Start to avoid skulks trying to hide in it
    o Fixed misplaced prop at the power node in Monitoring
    o Fixed flickering double texture in Monitoring
    o Fixed hole and floating props on the ceiling in Monitoring
    o Fixed texture misalignments and a faulty prop in Stability
    o Slightly lit up some pitch black spots in Generator
    o Fixed misaligned texture in Generator
    o Slightly lit up some pitch black spots in Upper Shipping Access
    o Fixed tiny but noticable holes in Upper Shipping Access vent
    o Fixed stuck(ish) point in Upper Sewer
    o Fixed a hole in Lower Sewer
    o Slightly lit up some pitch black spots in Lower Sewer
    o Fixed stuck point in Sewer
    o Fixed a power issue in Purification
    o Fixed stuck point in Purification
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    @Flaterectomy

PCW from yesterday. http://www.twitch.tv/neoken_/b/504224464 Fast forward to 33:40. Some arcs in ventilation system were able to shoot at stuff all the way in sewer. Don't know if this is a known bug already, but thought I'd might report it anyway. :)
    @Neoken Hmm, it kinda looked like the alien comm echoed the structures out of Ventilation to Sewer in time, but the arc still hit. I don't think it's a map issue, but I will try to reproduce it regardless. Thanks for linking! :D
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Ah yes, that must have been it. Was too confused to make any sense of it. xD
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Caged is being played this week for the AusNS2 league. Getting played pretty often by AU teams at the moment. I hope you keep working on it and get it prettified.

A new update!

CHANGELOG [4th of march 2014]
    o Further detailing of Marine Start
    o Moved Stability res node back to Monitoring
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    A new update!

CHANGELOG [4th of march 2014]
    o Further detailing of Marine Start
    o Moved Stability res node back to Monitoring

Pics or it didn't happen