A few more ideas

TheIdeaCreatorTheIdeaCreator United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204865Members
Hello again everyone, got some newer ideas that i just thought might be interesting, again as always i hope enjoy the ideas/can use it as a building block for other ideas.
(In the event that i reference something from my other post, here is a link: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/137730/my-ideas-for-future-subnautica-updates-extremely-long?new=1 )
( * = added in after i originally posted this)

Events:

(1) De-flotation | This event involves the island with the giant floaters underneath, you can approach the island from underneath and if you wield the heated knife and attack the floaters. The second you hit the floater it will take off 10% of the weapons durability, hit it 4 more times to take a total of 50% damage to your knife but in return the floater will begin to deflate, it stays under the island but it is far smaller. Once you do this to all of the floaters under the island the sea itself will begin to shake considerably as your computer friend will warn to leave the area immediately, once you are a safe distance away the island will begin to sink into the sea and making white foam spur around the islands rim as it descends into the depths. Under the island will be the sort of 'edge of the map' terrain that is so famous (essentially just very deep). For balancing issues, the island will not begin to sink until you are at the safe distance. more-so you can change in the options menu if you wish to toggle the insane shaking off - since that might get annoying.
While it is descending it will scrape against the side of a sort of rough-rocky mountain, the island will then descend deeper before finally stopping at the seabed. The place where the island scraped will open a small tunnel that is only accessible by seamoth and player, you go forward for a few meters before going straight down for around 75m then going downward diagonal for another 50m before ending in a large circular cave will creep-vines hanging at the top of the ceiling but travel horizontally along the ceiling. On them will be different colors of fruit in the shape of large pears, the colour of them will depend on the effect, they're called 'Couleur Fruta' (Couleur = Color in french / Fruta = Fruit in Spanish) (i called them that because the french are known experts with food and the Spanish are good with fruit). The listing of the colors are in the items section, the fruit can be picked by just approaching it and it will prompt you to pick it, they take up 1 inventory slot. Another thing is there will always be a minimum of 40 fruit and a maximum of 100, the colors are randomized. One more important thing to note is this event is player-triggered and cannot happen naturally, since a few people were not so keen on set-date events. All fruit glow faintly, others glow brighter if stated. Once the fruit is removed you can destroy and pick up the Nutrition Vines and can be placed on a ceiling, though the fruit will only grow on if it is night-time, below depth 60m and is in water. It grows faster if in the creep-vine caves.

Locations:

(1) Engine room | The engine room is located near the rear of the Aurora and has a fair amount of fire in it, however you can find a module inside one of the computers nearby. I wont describe the engine room very much because i am far from an architect and think the Subnautica team would do far better at thinking up a design plan. (listed in the items section).

(2) Weapons Bay | This is near the middle of the ship and holds various futuristic weapons and ammo for them, on a nearby computer you can find the depth charge schematic. Again, i leave the design to the devs.

Items:

(1) Red Couleur-Fruta | When eaten raw it will restore 50 food, but drain 10 water. When cooked it will restore 100 food, but drain 25 water.

(2) Yellow Couleur-Fruta | When eaten raw it will restore 30 food and 30 water but lose 15 oxygen. When cooked it will restore 50 food and 50 water but lose 25 oxygen.

(3) Green Couleur-Fruta | When eaten raw it will restore 20 water and 50% of your max oxygen but lose 10 food. When cooked it will restore 60 water and 100% of your max oxygen but lose 25 food.

(4) Blue Couleur-Fruta | When eaten raw it will restore 50 water, but drain 10 food. When cooked it will restore 100 water, but drain 25 food.

(5) Pink Couleur-Fruta | When eaten raw it will restore 15 food and 40 health but lose 10 oxygen. When cooked it will restore 35 food and 80 health but you will lose 20 oxygen.

(6) White Couleur-Fruta | When eaten raw it will restore 80 oxygen and apply the 'Respiration' buff for 2.5 minutes. When cooked it will restore 150 oxygen and apply the 'Respiration' buff for 6 minutes. This fruit glows slightly brighter and is slightly rarer.

(7) Golden Couleur-Fruta | When eaten raw it will restore 50 food, 50 water, 30 health, 40 oxygen and applies the 'Respiration' buff for 2 minutes. When cooked it will restore 100 food, 100 water, 75 health, 100 oxygen and applies the 'Respiration' buff for 5 minutes. This fruit glows brighter and is much rarer to spawn on the vines.

(8) Nutrition Vines | Couleur-Fruta grows on these, and can only be placed on ceiling, under the depth of 60m and is in water. Normally 1 fruit will grow every 15 real-life time but if in the creep-vine caves it will every 10-12 minutes.

(9) Preservation Mini-bag | A simple but worth-while item, it consumes 2 slots (left-and-right) and will preserve ALL food in your inventory so it wont spoil/rot. It is made from 2 Silicon, 1 titanium, 1 disinfected water. This item never runs out.

*(10) Supernova Engines Module | This module can be found in the Engine Room of the Aurora and is a module for your Cyclops, once activated it will increase your speed and maneuverability by 20-40% at no additional power costs.

*(11) Sulphur | Sulphur is a rare find in all rock piles (i think that's what their called, you know the place where you get copper and stuff), it is used in depth charges. It is pale yellow in color.

*(12) Depth Charge | This thing i am not too sure about since it is a little useless but at the same time a little OP. What it does is you hold it in your hand, activate it by press a button on your keyboard and a tab will come up, you choose the time before detonation, the blast radius and if it can destroy things other than creatures, then you will throw it wherever your aiming, after the detonation time is reached it will blow up and kill anything in the blast, note that you can be killed by this item as well if you are too close. You find the schematic in the weapons bay in the Aurora, it is crafted from 1 titanium, 2 sulphur, 1 copper. (Since it takes 2 sulphur and sulphur is somewhat rare it means you cant spam these) (And yes, it could kill the Reaper but how about it just makes another one spawn? Makes it slightly fair since it gives you a temporary time where you can breath without worrying about the Reaper)

Effects:

(1) Respiration | This buff means that your oxygen will not be effected by depth and your overall oxygen decreases 25% slower.

Changes:

(1) Feeding time | You can kill Reefbacks, but to add as a drawback if you do (for some reason) decide to kill the creature it will fall to the seabed very slowly and majestically, it will also draw the attention of the Reaper and cause it to go to the location of where the Reefback died and stay in that area for a solid 5 minutes, regardless if you spawn there (that's punishment for killing the thing).

(2) Sentient Being | All passive fish will always spawn 50% more often in an area of 75m around the reefback and will stay close to it at all times, even swimming with the beast. This is a way to add some functionality to Reefbacks since you can visit them every so often and get easy food.

That's all for now, i might update this later to correct any errors or add a few more ideas but I'm but of time, don't forget to comment!

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited June 2015

I need your help :

Steam will not let me play Subnautica as it is only playable on 64-bit windows while I only have 32-bit. I mean, I've paid for it (20 €) but Steam didn't warn me or anything. The main reason I wanted to pay Subnautica as an early access game it to contribute to the community and give feedback to try to improve the game for when it finally will be "released" as a full game.

I therefore call to anybody who can play Subnautica to try to give some of the following ideas as feedback (I believe you need to press f8 while playing to report bugs and give feedback) ; Those in bold should be given maximum priority :

- create the possibility to build bases on the backs of reefbacks

- create swimming beacons

- create beacons that can attach on solid surfaces

- make creatures of a same species differ in size because they all just seem like clones

- create land-living animals, or animals that live both on land and in the sea

- create flying animals just like in the trailer

- create the possibility to actually see the map of the Subautica world in the game, so that you know where you're going

- name the planet you're on

- name each different biome on the map

- whenever you enter a new biome, make it obvious that you're doing so, like say so or play a different music for each different biome

- create actual deep-sea animals

- create the existence of certain diseases and antidotes (do not make these diseases aggressive, though)

- create the possibility to have more than just one saved game in the menu

- create a sort of jet ski

There you are, that was a first bunch of ideas for feedback. If you like them, then please use them as feedback for the game (remember, I can't). I also invite people to give comments about these ideas, and especially to give more ideas as feedback. Have fun playin', but hurry up with those feedback ideas : Subnautica will be fully released by the end of 2015.

• SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    edited June 2015

I therefore call to anybody who can play Subnautica to try to give some of the following ideas as feedback (I believe you need to press f8 while playing to report bugs and give feedback) ; Those in bold should be given maximum priority :

- create the possibility to actually see the map of the Subautica world in the game, so that you know where you're going

- whenever you enter a new biome, make it obvious that you're doing so, like say so or play a different music for each different biome

The F8-functionality only lets you give short feedback / bug report messages. For more detailed suggestions use the forums (you are doing that right now :D). So you're at the right place.

In the future you will be able to harvest plants from reefbacks, so they'll get a new meaning with that. Building a base on their back makes no sense, since they are living and moving animals, thus being unstable support for buildings. Reapers can kill them too, it seems.

I think there should be a mapping feature on the sub. It makes no sense to have a complete map of an unknown planet without exploration. So you need to do some work first.

The planet should get a name eventually, but that's a really minor feature.

Showing all the biomes on the map would be too easy. Maybe you could use your own marking on the map interface to mark important locations manually.

Getting to a new biome is already pretty obvious. Some biomes will definitely have special music, but there's no need to prioritize that kind of feature.

You do have multiple save slots already.
  • TheIdeaCreatorTheIdeaCreator United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204865Members

(I think this would be incredibly troublesome for the developers and players, while it sounds awesome if you think about it the Reefbacks move on their own accord and mean it would be difficult to find your base/catch up to it. Not to mention that it would be incredibly glitch-full).

- create swimming beacons

(...Don't they already do that?)

- create beacons that can attach on solid surfaces

(Again, sounds cool and is a cool idea but once again it would be development hell and really, is there a need for them, since you can just put a beacon in the water next to your base?)

- make creatures of a same species differ in size because they all just seem like clones

(This idea i like, it adds variety and realism to the game. This is needed in the game)

- create land-living animals, or animals that live both on land and in the sea

(So far there is very little land, while it would be nice to see some land animals i think nobody would put that at the top of the priority list)

- create flying animals just like in the trailer

(This is another great idea, though i think it would be only for immersion purposes. I mean it would be a big waste of time for the developers to create new flying creatures if you cant really interact with them since they fly)

(This is a great idea, I am sure they are working on something like this right now and i hope they are!)

(I think it is named, if not then it shouldn't be too hard for them to scrounge up a name, but is it really necessary?)

(If you mean on the idea in bold then yes, they should do that. However if you mean name them in general then they already have named them)

(This normally happens i believe)

- create actual deep-sea animals

(I think they are working on this as of now)

- create the existence of certain diseases and antidotes (do not make these diseases aggressive, though)

(This could be a great function but i foresee a majority of players - myself included - panicking and getting themselves killed. If integrated properly then this would be awesome!)

(This would be great, though i think this also exists but i am unsure)

- create a sort of jet ski

(The Seamoth is kinda already a jet ski, since it can skim the surface of the water)

On the terms of your problem with the game i cant assist there, i don't have a clue how to fix it.

• SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    @TheIdeaCreator Lethal weapons will probably never be implemented in the game. You have tools that can be used as weapons, but we shouldn't get items that are made for combat. This is not just my opinion, even devs have backed it up.

I highly disagree with sinking the floater island. There should instead be some nice gameplay inland. Or maybe you could even make a new island float (the opposite of your suggestion).

Engine room sounds cool. I think devs should finnish most of Aurora's interior first and then release a bigger spaceship exploration update.

(10) Supernova Engines Module
    Nice idea, but the naming sounds weird...

(11) Sulphur
    Sulphur could be an usefull material for lots of stuff, like fertilizers, black powder (charcoal gunpowder), medicine and vulcanized rubber.

(12) Sentient Being
    According to concept art & trello, you will eventually be able to harvest regrowing plants from reefbacks' backs. There could be some unique species living in that special reefback biome, but I don't think huge amount of fish there is necessary
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    I don't want the game to incentivize players to sink the islands. Other than that, I think you have good ideas. But you will be murdered by pacificists for suggesting weapons :lol: .
  • FalcoFalco Germany Join Date: 2015-06-05 Member: 205271Members
    @Darvin-Evolution: Wrong place for bug reports. Even wrong thread entirely.
    As for your suggestions:
    - There are beacons already, they do swim, and float wherever you put them..
    - Beacon attachment would be nice, but they're stationary anyway, it's not a big deal right now.
    - Different creature sizes and ecology has been suggested extensively here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/137809/coloration-age-and-size-variation and elsewhere.
    - land animals are going to be a thing soon, also the crabs you find on the aurora fall into that category anyway.
    - I suggested the map idea separately in it's own poll to see how it would liked to be implemented, if at all. Most people seem to have it at least somewhat difficult to obtain ()
    - Obvious biome changes: No. Just no. The game does a great job to make it as subtle as possible. There is no hard borders in real life either. Besides, what would that accomplish, other than to ruin the immersion.
    - There are fish and things that live in greater depths than others... They're going to add to that, no need to point it out.
    - diseases and other 'buffs' should be a thing, agreed.
    - Jet ski. I was thinking about a speed boat. But still, something small and fast is needed in my eyes, too. But some people just can't agree that boats do have a place in an ocean world game :/
  • IgotSomeIdeas!!IgotSomeIdeas!! CA Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205325Members
    I have an ideas for subnatica, I think a cyclops boarding station should be added to the game, if the hatch you enter in is over a cyclops port it will show up on you screen and say " would you like to dock, if not then press f if so then press g" then the cyclops dock up on it. Once you leave, instead of being in the water you are in the base that the dock is attached to, you put down the cyclops boarding station with the builder tool, places the same way hatches does. :)
  • TheIdeaCreatorTheIdeaCreator United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204865Members
    edited June 2015
    @sayerulz
    How about the Couleur Fruta grows on the island as well in much more quantity but grows at a much slower rate and you cant pick up the vines? This could balance it out since you have to decide between the two: Sink the island and dive deep into the ocean, travel through a tiny cave and collect fruit and vines or leave the island floating and you just have to swim over there, pick the fruit and leave. It comes down to two things: Get a short amount of food and harder to get but allows you to regrow it wherever you want or Get a lot of food easier but have to return there everytime (costing you energy and batteries)