A frank NS2WC discussion

Comments

• SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Mendasp, here have one yourself.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    RedDog wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! :)

What I love about this community is that it is extremely passionate. We may be small, but damnit we pack a punch! :D

Wasabi, Zefram, and myself have discussed the Eissfeldt issue at length over the past few days. It has been decided that Eissfeldt will be allowed to play with his team in the qualifiers and is no longer be banned. He is required, however, to publicly stream any game he plays and that will be watched by an NS2WC admin and open to anyone else. The recording of the match after it has concluded is to be saved in his Twitch account until the NS2WC is over (in case there is any need for further review).

We hope this decision brings crowds into the square, trumpets blaring from the rooftops, and children frolicking in the streets in peppermint-colored outfits.

Thank you! :)>-

Thank you sir. You have no idea how much this means to the community.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    Fantastic news Reddog. Glad to hear it!

It's a shame the community had to react to violently to the NS2WC Admin team for this to happen, but a result is a result and that is what counts.

I myself can't wait to watch his FPVODs now :) Going to be very exciting :)
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    We did it! Goðar lives!
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    edited December 2013
    So which group is the toughest for the top seed?

Group A:
    Radical have a strong team and can steal a round. The BBS might get a round or so when they have the ping advantage. Vexta has proven to be way too good for Division 3*.

Group B:
    Damage networks is now "Retiring" (not confusing in the slightest ^^) but they also have Blink and sweetiebot, two very strong players - I would expect them to take a round off TItus. Singularity can also take a round off of Titus.

Group C:
    Quactus (formerly Quaxy) went 2-2 with Titus during the season and also beat Damage Networks. OnFire appears to be a strong team (although I think a couple might have left). As I understand Ascension is the best Australian team (correct me if wrong) and may take a round off of the top two, ping advantage or not.

Group D:
    I am not even sure which team is the favourite here - Godar or Imagine? Godar doesn't have Jaivol anymore so there will have to be a big adjustment to the new commander, Aioros. Imagine also has some former Titus members? So they will be contenders for this group.

So I'd say, from most difficult for the top seed to least difficult.

So now it's... D>C>B>A Which according to the seedings sounds about right.

Edited to take into account that Damage networks + 2 new players is "Retiring" and that Vexta is div 3
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Group A: Snails win.
    Group B: Titus win.
    Group C: Should be Saunamen. Quactus are the wildcard.
    Group D:Should be Goðar. Imagine are the wildcard.

But predictions are for a different thread, not this one ;)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'd be surprised if saunamen don't win their group.
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if saunamen don't win their group.

Only the Godar group doesn't look very assured.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    I would've leaned towards Imagine if Eissfeldt wasn't unbanned. As it is now, it's a tossup

It appears that Snails, Titus, and Saunamen will get in without much trouble
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    casan0vax wrote: »
    Group A: Snails win.
    Group B: Titus win.
    Group C: Should be Saunamen. Quactus are the wildcard.
    Group D:Should be Goðar. Imagine are the wildcard.

But predictions are for a different thread, not this one ;)
    I think Charlie's Unicorn might take it all.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2013
    Group B:
    This looks to be the easiest group by quite some distance. Gives the conspirators something to shout about. Singularity can take a round from Titus but I don't see how anyone else can.

You realize that "Retiring" is Damage Networks, right?
    Vexta has proven to be way too good for Division 2.
    Wasn't Vexta Div 3? Not that they aren't good, but they haven't proven anything in Div 2...
    edited December 2013
    Decoy wrote: »
    Group B:
    This looks to be the easiest group by quite some distance. Gives the conspirators something to shout about. Singularity can take a round from Titus but I don't see how anyone else can.
    You realize that "Retiring" is Damage Networks, right?

I don't understand your point.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
    Just to clear something up about group B. Team Retiring is DN + blink and sweetiebot. They have a strong roster which is more than capable of taking rounds off of us.

Anyway, carry on.

Edit: team Retiring not retired.

Double Edit: Decoy beat me to it. *shakes fist
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2013
    So basically the group of the number 1 seeded team with only 1 premier team isn't the easiest group and the second easiest group shouldn't belong to the number 2 seed? Sure, makes sense. Fan the flames of the conspirators. Do people even look at the seeding list and see how teams were placed before jumping to conclusions and automatically impugning the admins? Nope it's always claims and insinuations of malfeasance.

Zefram wrote: »
    So basically the group of the number 1 seeded team with only 1 premier team isn't the easiest group and the second easiest group shouldn't belong to the number 2 seed? Sure, makes sense. Fan the flames of the conspirators. Do people even look at the seeding list and see how teams were placed before jumping to conclusions and automatically impugning the admins? Nope it's always claims and insinuations of malfeasance.

I don't think you understood my post.
    Zefram wrote: »

I think he was being sarcastic. :P being that Damage Networks went 12-2 against Snails, Godar (a cheese win), Sauna and Titus.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Awesome. Looking forward to watching Eissfieldts stream. : D!
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2013
    Just wanted to chime in, i love how you listed to the community in this community tournament. going back on your decision, basically admitting that it was an error, is a great quality not many people have. So thumbs up for you. Looking forward to meet you in germany!
  • nadylinadyli Join Date: 2007-11-01 Member: 62791Members, Squad Five Blue
    Seems almost desperate how they want atleast 1 non-eu team (us team basically) to the LAN finals. Also Ascension 14th seed?! :D
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2013
    nadyli wrote: »
    Seems almost desperate how they want atleast 1 non-eu team (us team basically) to the LAN finals. Also Ascension 14th seed?! :D
    Considering Ascension lost in the first round of their div 2 playoffs and are seeded right behind the other div 2 teams that advanced further, it seems reasonably fair. As for the NA team stack in one grouping, it's quite coincidental and not bias at all. Look at the seedings and how teams fell into their groups. I defy anyone to think otherwise.

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Looking forward to 250 vs 250 ping matches when asc vs the euros. Should be in the NA group imo. But meh. Just glad we're passed the signup stage at this point. Even though I think the deadline should of been extended to compensate for the awful rules.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    I must say I found myself agreeing with all of Fanas points and extremely happy that this is bringing out some transparency and reactions from the admins.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    edited December 2013
    Looking good fellas. Firstly, A massive thanks to Zefram & co for supporting and backing this event, Even thou some debate over the rules & enforcement is required don't feel as its a direct light of the competitive players having a go at you. This is what makes good competitions when you listen to what the best comp gamers have to say and react positively/meet in middle ground.

I myself will be loving watching eissfieldt amazing lerking FPV. This is a blessing in disguise for me.

Good luck to all teams involved. especially JektScension (minus karma because his a butthurt little boy & DooMBrIIngeR is better alien.). As for there 14th seed? maybe a little under done. But they did under-performed in there Div 3 bracket but I didn't follow that to closely to know what went wrong exactly.

Agree 100% with Fanatic. pce out.

My Predicitons;

G1 - Snails & Radical
    G2 - Titus & DN
    G3 - Sauna & Ducks
    G4 - Imagine & Godar

CU in Cologne.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I am most excited about G4 as well. Imagine & Godar I believe will be the 1st and 2nd place, but in what order???? I cant wait to watch the round between them.

• LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    yes G4 has Charlie's Unicorns ! we will change the face of the comp scene for years to come :D
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    havent asked them yet, but considering how much they play I can not imagine Vexta not playing. Considering their explosion from div3 upwards I think it will be very interesting indeed to see those matches.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    I am most excited about G4 as well. Imagine & Godar I believe will be the 1st and 2nd place, but in what order???? I cant wait to watch the round between them.

Beware the Unicorn, Wasabi. Beware!
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I might be somewhat biased, but I've got my money on Ascension. I'm not expecting them to be BESTEVAR, but they're actually Ascension + some more top players from Australia. So I'm curious to see how well they'll go.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
    Well, kudos to the organizers for listening to the feedback and re-evaluating their rules/decisions. ;)
  • PuphBallPuphBall Join Date: 2013-06-06 Member: 185488Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Looking forward to seeing Godar compete with Eiss on the field. Hopefully they are not affected too heavily by this fiasco, best of luck to them and their competition!!!

Also happy to see the (Korean?) BlueBabblerSquad!!