Why do we do these things
Align Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Posts: 8,197Forum Moderators, Constellation mod
edited February 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
Design Decisions that I Disagree withThese aren't necessarily things that I want changed, the reasoning behind the design decisions is probably enough.
- After taking a tech point we also have to upgrade a station/hive. Isn't it enough to just require X tech points to be captured?
- Why does Tram have those natural expansions so close to the start points? Shouldn't there be difficulty and risk involved in teching up?
- Skulks can't leap mid-air. Now that mini-leap isn't usable while moving, this restriction should be removed, for the sake of fun tier 2 gameplay.
- Fade second attack can't hit moving targets and deals less DPS. What situation was it meant for?
- Gorge infestation fades even if connected to overmind infestation. It takes ages to make a "bridge" using those small patches, isn't that enough of a disadvantage? Make them cost 1 plasma each if you have to, being able to assist the overmind directly would be so much fun.
- How come we don't get more information on our HUDs, such as upgrade levels? Even essential things like team and personal resource counts are missing... I don't mind the healthbar hiding for aliens when outside of combat though.
- After purchasing a weapon at the armoury, shouldn't the menu close immediately? Even once we have exo/jp we'll be buying single items the vast majority of the time (tier 1&2).
- Weren't alien players supposed to be able to use the "trigger" abilities of structures, like Crag Umbra? That sounded like a neat idea, expanding from the old NS1 functionality, but it's nowhere to be seen.
- Why was the Arms Lab cut in favour of placing every important marine upgrade on the Armoury? It's already a critical structure, what with buying weapons with personal resources.
- Gorges place hydras/infestation immediately in front of them, with a delay for the uh, disgorging animation. This means that you can't move and place structures where you actually want them at the same time. If this is desired, just stop all movement while placing; if it's undesired, either place instantly or lob an "egg" projectile a very short distance that grows into the hydra/infestation.
edit: added numerical listing for ease of reference
Post edited by Unknown User on