Where is the grenade launcher

TurkishTurkish Join Date: 2002-09-16 Member: 1324Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Looked high and low for pic</div>Ive used the forums seach and ive look at all the pics i could get my little hands on. Yet still i have not seen what a grenade launcher looks like. If i have missed it somewere please done flame just give me a url instead.

Comments

• SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Members, NS1 Playtester
    The grenade launcher looks like the old Heavy Machine gun model, which can be found under the weapons section at the readyroom.  <a href="http://www.readyroom.org" target="_blank">Here ^-^</a>
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    It is the old HMG model: <a href="http://www.readyroom.org/weapons.html" target="_blank">I hope this is the right link.</a>
    Edit: Cyanide, you are quick as a ninja. I salute you.
  • JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Members
    Err, have they realesed how the new one looks, or are they just gonna use the old hmg model?
  • TurkishTurkish Join Date: 2002-09-16 Member: 1324Members
    Great thanks just one more question if the grenade launcher looks like the old HMG then what does the HMG look like now?
  • Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    as of yet, there is currently no new model for the grenade launcher.
  • LegionnairedLegionnaired Join Date: 2002-04-30 Member: 552Members, Constellation
    And I think..... the HMG has a new model now too.
  • Snake13Snake13 Join Date: 2002-04-30 Member: 554Members
    Hmm well the model needs to be modified a little cause you can still see the bullets in the mag and it is dual barreled (with only a small bore barrel)

After all the polish but into this game it would be kinda sloppy to release it with the gl like that
    Took the words right out of my mouth
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    the old HMG model has been modified since those pictures to work as a GL and a new HMG model was made, can't find the link in time.
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Wow Jedi and Snake, that's so positive of you to say. 'Hey, you guys made a kickass mod, but we think because the GL is older than the other pics that it sucks. We can't model, skin, or animate, and we haven't seen it ingame, so we aren't going to be able offer anything except tiresome and uninformed criticism.'

I shall now unleash the other forum members on you to criticize you and tell you how dumb you sound, and will not be nuking their flames. Ta-ta...
  • Parse_ErrorParse_Error Join Date: 2002-03-18 Member: 331Members
    /me adds and opportunistic "BWAHAHAHAHA"

BWAHAHAHAHA
  • J1mmyZJ1mmyZ Join Date: 2002-09-09 Member: 1304Members
    [start flames]
    grrr
    [/end flames]

Reallly, though, your not going to care about whether or not a gun has a small clip pointing out of the bottom.  You will be much more concerned about biting into your victim, or backing up your fellow marine.  Also, they gotta leave somethin for v2 dont they?  In fact you can make the brand new model for them =).
  • RedfordRedford Monorailcatfjord Join Date: 2002-04-28 Member: 528Members, NS1 Playtester
    Oooohhhhhh monse, you are so manly.  Hold me!

EDIT: Sorry.  Coil's aliens of cutness have had a permanent affect on my brain.
  • SurgeSurge asda4a3sklflkgh Join Date: 2002-07-14 Member: 944Members
    [flame]STFUU j00 n00bbz0rrr$! ju don't t3h l33tz grenad loncher when j00 saw itz0r! j00 sax00r![/flame]

Easy guys, they made this whole mod and you're gonna get angry over <b>that</b>? Jebus... either that or MonsE is being a little too stingy... probably the former.
  • BathroomMonkeyBathroomMonkey Feces-hurling Monkey Boy Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 78Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    There were plans for another one, but usually when I said that I wanted to yank that model, somebody said they liked it and wanted it to stay.

Also, there have been several adjustments made to it, and I seeing as how the clip size was STC for the longest time, it just didn't make sense to adjust it.  You see that portion of the gun for all of two seconds in the game, anyhow.

Yet another chord in the wonderful, 'WTF?  Release this game already!'/'WTF!  Why isn't this polished!' duet.

<!--EDIT|BathroomMonkey|Oct. 15 2002,00:43-->
    <!--QuoteBegin--MonsieurEvil+Oct. 15 2002,00:00--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (MonsieurEvil @ Oct. 15 2002,00:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Wow Jedi and Snake, that's so positive of you to say. 'Hey, you guys made a kickass mod, but we think because the GL is older than the other pics that it sucks. We can't model, skin, or animate, and we haven't seen it ingame, so we aren't going to be able offer anything except tiresome and uninformed criticism.'...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    "Hmm well the model needs to be modified a little cause you can still see the bullets in the mag and it is dual barreled (with only a small bore barrel)

After all the polish but into this game it would be kinda sloppy to release it with the gl like that"<sarcasm>  <-- OMG, that does sooo sound like mean spirited critisim.</sarcam>

JEBUS MonsE. Where are you getting that from?
  • VyvnVyvn Join Date: 2002-08-24 Member: 1226Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yet another chord in the wonderful, 'WTF?  Release this game already!'/'WTF!  Why isn't this polished!' duet.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I've heard better duets come out of my *censored.*
  • BillBill Join Date: 2002-08-08 Member: 1108Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Snake13+Oct. 14 2002,23:14--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (Snake13 @ Oct. 14 2002,23:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Blah blah, I TOUCH GOATS IN THAT WAY <b>LMAOOO!</b><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    YOU ARE STUPID, <b>LOL!</b>
  • NecroNecro &lt;insert non-birthday-related title here&gt; Join Date: 2002-08-09 Member: 1118Members
    RC7 pics had a pic of it!
  • NecroNecro &lt;insert non-birthday-related title here&gt; Join Date: 2002-08-09 Member: 1118Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--MonsieurEvil+Oct. 15 2002,00:00--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (MonsieurEvil @ Oct. 15 2002,00:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Wow Jedi and Snake, that's so positive of you to say. 'Hey, you guys made a kickass mod, but we think because the GL is older than the other pics that it sucks. We can't model, skin, or animate, and we haven't seen it ingame, so we aren't going to be able offer anything except tiresome and uninformed criticism.'

I shall now unleash the other forum members on you to criticize you and tell you how dumb you sound, and will not be nuking their flames. Ta-ta...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    monse pwned u ninja sytle!
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    *sees Jediyoshi putting on a Monzi uniform
    (JediYohsi): Change the model now! Or else hek will freeze over, CS will become a friendly mod and Monse will make an amazing map!
  • Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Right... how is this different from being a non-mapper and giving advice to a map?
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    You have ran and jumped around maps before in the half life engine. You have never fired a grenade launcher, or bitten someone ankles.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--TychoCelchuuu+Oct. 15 2002,10:07--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (TychoCelchuuu @ Oct. 15 2002,10:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->[...] or bitten someone ankles.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Does that mean I may critizise?
  • SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--QuoteBegin--JediYoshi+Oct. 15 2002,08:28--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (JediYoshi @ Oct. 15 2002,08:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Right... how is this different from being a non-mapper and giving advice to a map?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Just drop it, and let that be a lesson to everyone.  Do not complain about something you have no idea about.
  • JopsJops Join Date: 2002-09-13 Member: 1312Members
    Booyah cyanide,

and as they say in MN,

You betchya!
  • TurkishTurkish Join Date: 2002-09-16 Member: 1324Members
    And to think i started this topic i feel ashamed.
  • CollateralDamageCollateralDamage Join Date: 2002-07-15 Member: 949Members
    Geez, the NS fanatics are getting more thin-skinned every day.
    <!--QuoteBegin--Cyanide+Oct. 15 2002,12:06--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (Cyanide @ Oct. 15 2002,12:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Just drop it, and let that be a lesson to everyone.  Do not complain about something you have no idea about.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Also another lesson, take into account what a person has actually said rather than would it sounded like.