Multiple Servers On Same Machine

DashelDashel Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14847Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Config files...</div> I'm trying to run multiple servers on the same machine. In the past versions of the HL dedicated server I've always been partial to just creating an entirely new directory structure for each dedicated I am running. Since the upgrade to Steam however I'm wondering what the best way to handle this is as it appear to not like or allow multiple installs.

Basically the problem is this: what is the best way to execute custom configs (server, mapcycle, motd, autoexec) for each additional server of the same gametype? I've tried using the +servercfgfile, +motdfile, +mapcyclecfgfile in my bat file but it does not seem to work as it appears that none of the custom configs (except for server which updates after the first map change [unique to NS I believe]).

Also, in the scoreboard each additional server shows the name and map of the primary (27015) server.

Any ideas?

Comments

• DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    You want your Target line to mimic this:
    ""C:\Program Files\ServerDoc\serverdoc.exe" C:\HLServer1\hlds.exe -console +mapchangecfgfile "server.cfg" -game nsp +port 27014 +maxplayers 20 +map co_angst +log on"
  • DashelDashel Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14847Members
    Ok, I'll use that to get the server.cfg. Any idea on how I can get the custom mapcycle and motd working as well?

Also, any idea why it shows info for primary server on the secondaries?
  • Lightning_BlueLightning_Blue Sunny Domination Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Creating a new server instance is a piece of cake:
    <ul><li>Create a new folder called HLSERVER2</li><li>Copy hldsupdatetool.exe from your HLSERVER to HLSERVER2</li><li>open a cmd prompt, and browse to the new HLSERVER2</li><li>type this: hldsupdatetool -update valve . username password Y</li><li>Volia! new server!</li></ul>
  • DashelDashel Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14847Members
    Thanks Lightning Blue.

-|Passenger|