Apology

2»

Comments

• yesukaiyesukai Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 464Members
    'Tis a shame when someone leaves over a stupid IRC channel. Really, guys, its not that important. Your landlord comes up, says you have a week to get out, thats important. You go to work and they take your badge and kick you out, thats important. An argument in an IRC room is not important. I wont even pretend to know what happened. But looks like there are two people the ops blame, so be it.
  • DruBoDruBo Back In Beige Join Date: 2002-02-06 Member: 172Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--QuoteBegin--SentrySteve+Aug. 24 2002,14:17--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (SentrySteve @ Aug. 24 2002,14:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->In fact, DrunkenBozo and I got in quite the heated debate with an op, I can’t remember whom, in IRC about it.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I have no memory of this. But that doesn't mean anything, as my memory is terrible.

An op with whom I've had an argument? Back when I'd first jumped on the NS bandwagon? My money rides on it was RDK.

<!--QuoteBegin--CollateralDamage+Aug. 26 2002,00:0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (CollateralDamage @ Aug. 26 2002,00:0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Obviously I will not find justice here; the offender is forgiven, but the bystander gets blamed.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hm. You may be right in that you've been mistreated, but bystander? Definitely not. Your huge amount of participation in this thread as well as arguments in the channel have made you more than a bystander. I'd say you're more likely to be a perpetrator, but for diplomacy's sake I'll leave it at participant.

Oh, and a sekrat: yes, certain people are allowed to curse in the channel. They're called ops.
  • DruBoDruBo Back In Beige Join Date: 2002-02-06 Member: 172Members, NS1 Playtester
    removed. accidental double post.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Oh yeah, RDK - I'm glad that is over.

And, CD, I really don't care what you did, but it is bad style to put such an argument in front of the whole community.
    I respect your feelings toward the situation, but the whole thing could've been solved faster and less painful if you contacted the ops that banned you privately. Open 'discussions' about bans tend to become more or less obvious flamefests with lots of morons crying "SYUF, and go away!"; not exactely what I'd call a friendly atmosphere.

I sincerely hope that you'll be able to get over it and start to participate anew in this community, as I always recognized you to be one of the more intelligent, literrate members - a four-day kickban really shouldn't end it.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--DrunkenBozo+Aug. 26 2002,09:25--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (DrunkenBozo @ Aug. 26 2002,09:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->An op with whom I've had an argument? Back when I'd first jumped on the NS bandwagon? My money rides on it was RDK.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Nah it was you becuase after the little debate we had you asked the channel who wanted to be a part of ZP:NS
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    I've heard a fair number of complaints about you Jed, but I've never seen anything rude from you in person.  The fact that you are apologizing publically puts you in a very good light.  A public apology will get people very far in this community.  Thanks for being mature and I'll see you in IRC.