Friendly Fire In 1.1?

2»

Comments

• ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody's near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited April 2003
    How about, FF on for just players, not structs?

And the same method that a lot of games use. 3 TK's within 5 minutes = Insta kick. 2nd time, insta ban. Simple, effective, and the TK's find themselves without servers quite quickly.

EDIT : Will need messing with for melee, because at the moment, if you mob a struct as skulks, always ONE of you ends up dead by accident because of it.
  • NoClassNoClass Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8207Members
    Yeah well a lamer can mess up a game regardless of FF. I've seen idiots drop 3 CCs at the start of a match instead of an IP and worse things, or gorges totally waste res for nothing and putting the aliens in a nasty position. Trust me, i have little patience when it comes to vidiots such as them and cheaters.

Sure there willl be the constant threat of TKing. That's what having admins is about along with some common sense. Accidents do happen but if you see NSPlayer kill 5 people on his team within the span of 3 mins well then something is wrong. BAN.

And well scripts will manage stuff like that. I'm sure alot of people remember "forgivetk" for the accidental TK.

Usually the regs will switch over to what the server is hosting to remain with the community. Places where it used to run CS with FF should have less issues with this as they can vote out troublemakers or post the infraction along with his WonID, to the communities forums, to get added to the bans list. I play on Ht's server and seeing such a thing or a post requesting to look out for a potential cheater is not an uncommon thing.

I remember CSing only on FF servers since the average skill level of the players were higher, so it made for a more intense experience.

Don't forget there are pros and cons for everything. I still think it should be an option left available to the discretion of the server's admin.
  • BrutusBrutus Join Date: 2002-10-20 Member: 1555Members
    We run all of our servers with FF on and rarely have intenional TK'rs. There are programs that ban people that TK within a set amount of time when spawning, or take care of people that TK so many times, etc.

Tk'rs are not a good reason to get rid of FF.