Warning:connecton Problem

MelkorMelkor Join Date: 2002-12-18 Member: 11068Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Never had it, happens frequently now</div> In the past week or so I have had a large increase in the amount of connection problems. I always used to have them rarely, but lately its getting to the point where I can't enjoy the game. Has anyone else had this problem and know a fix? I have a cable modem, and these are my specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Product name Genuine Intel® Pentium® 4 processor based system
Board model Genuine Intel® D845PEBT2 system board
OS version Windows* 2000 version 5.0 Service Pack 3 build 2195
OS memory 523,056 KB RAM

Processor
Processor Genuine Intel® Pentium® 4 processor
Processor speed 2.40B GHz
Bus speed 533 MHz
L1 cache Data Cache 8KB, Execution Trace Cache 12K Micro-ops
L2 cache Advanced Transfer Cache 512 KB
Form factor Socket 478
Stepping 7

System
Physical memory 512 MB RAM
Memory speed DDR 266
Memory type DDR, Synchronous
Form factor DIMM

Comments

• TsungfaiTsungfai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11454Members
    "Warning: Connection Problem" are usually caused when your line to your ISP provider is interrupted. Try calling your ISP and see whats the problem with your connection.
  • MelkorMelkor Join Date: 2002-12-18 Member: 11068Members
    I was thinking the problem was something like that considering this is a recent thing. Any other possible causes for this though?
  • Gimpy_Doodly_DooGimpy_Doodly_Doo Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14521Members
    Yea that has happened to me too. I think it has somthing to do with Commcast buying out the cable company from AT&T. I don't know why, but it seems that way.
  • VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    Try running these commands in your console when you are in the game:

cl_cmdrate 22
    cl_updaterate22
    rate 4500
  • PaqPaq Join Date: 2002-12-15 Member: 10876Members
    When you rejoin to that server, does anyone else had that connection problem warning?
    I mean does the game still run or are everyone in ready room? Some servers crash more than others, especially in ns_hera.
  • DaK_mAnIakDaK_mAnIak Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11811Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Paq+Mar 31 2003, 03:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Paq @ Mar 31 2003, 03:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Some servers crash more than others, especially in ns_hera. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ::[cough]::minespammingnexttocommchair::[cough]::