Subnautica on Nintendo Switch - massive savegame problems

casanofficasanoffi Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257674Members
Hi guys!

First of all, I love this game, I played it on PC hundreds of hours.
But the Nintendo Switch version suffers massive samegame problems.

1st playthrough: savegame got corrupted after 10 hours.
2nd playthrough: savegame got corrupted after 5 hours.
3rd playthrough: savegame switched from freedom to survival mode after round about 3 hours...

Usually I´m pretty patient but this freaks me out.

Comments

• SoulstarSoulstar Ithaca, NY Join Date: 2021-05-19 Member: 270359Members
    Hmm I'm at over a day and no issues other than crashing ingame after long distance travelling... you arent using cheats right?
  • casanofficasanoffi Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257674Members
    Soulstar wrote: »
    Hmm I'm at over a day and no issues other than crashing ingame after long distance travelling... you arent using cheats right?
    I use the official release version 1.1.0, no cheats or any other stuff ^^
  • lalaallieulalaallieu Join Date: 2021-05-21 Member: 270468Members
    I just got Subnautica for the switch (played on PS4 before) and I got into my seamoth and saved and then I almost died so I went out and reloaded and now it's like something has ahold of my seamoth and is dragging me around! I just keep crashing into things. I can see like I'm controlling it (Nothing has ahold of me forward facing), but I cannot control my seamoth. I just keep wrecking into things and when I do, I'm losing actual health. I don't see seamoth stats anywehre either.
    Seems like the crashes including corrupted savegames are mostly related to vehicles. Just getting in the Seamoth can cause an issue or saving the game while you're inside the cyclops can break it.

I'm hopeful this can be fixed by the devs, but I also know the savesystem never was a shining star, even on PC ^^
  • zx92187zx92187 Join Date: 2021-05-22 Member: 270484Members
    Okay, it seems like they pushed a patch to Nintendo that will fix the save on Cyclop issue. Don’t delete your save.
    Well, I already started again for the 4th time - the last time my savegame broke was with the mode switch from freedom to survival ^^

Also a couple more hours into this game cannot hurt me :-D
  • XdoomXdoom Germany Join Date: 2021-05-24 Member: 270588Members
    I got my subnautica for nintendo switch on friday and my save game got corrupted on May 18th after 14h of game play. I can't load any longer. At 40% I get an error message "software closed due to an error". What can I do? Or is there any help from subnautica support?
    Xdoom wrote: »
    I got my subnautica for nintendo switch on friday and my save game got corrupted on May 18th after 14h of game play. I can't load any longer. At 40% I get an error message "software closed due to an error". What can I do? Or is there any help from subnautica support?
    The only thing you can do is wait for the next Update and hope the savegame will work again.
  • Joshua_SJoshua_S Join Date: 2021-05-24 Member: 270590Members
    edited May 2021
    I have about eleven hours into the game and I was making some edits to my base and had to deconstruct my moon pool, it got to around 60 percent and stopped. I tried to construct the moon pool and it restored it to 80 percent then I decided to save and quit to see if that would fix it but now every time I load that save It gets through the load screen then I am in the game for two or three seconds and it boots me out of the application. I hope this brings to attention any issues :)
  • hmnhmn Join Date: 2021-05-24 Member: 270608Members
    My save game is also broken after ~25 hours of playing :(

There was a building I tried to deconstruct, but that got stuck at 80% and I could not deconstruct it further (or re-construct it). I then saved and re-loaded the game, and now the game crashes every time as soon as I approach that building.

Really looking forward to that patch...
  • mkh1980mkh1980 Alabama Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270618Members
    Anyone else in subzero dove the seatruck in the deep and it just keeps going endlessly I got to 10000 + meters then started glitch around ejected me and some how I fell out of the sky back into open water strange? But I can still see my seatruck is at 10000+ meters on the hud.. I tried like hell to scan the big ass Citrix or whatever their called but it failed every time.
  • ChicaBandsChicaBands united states Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270620Members
    Hey I made an account on this website just to post about this problem. I have put 11 hours into this game and it has been great except for the fact that my save file is now corrupted. I manually saved after exploring an island and got into my seamoth which made the game crash. im playing on a nintendo switch btw. there was a voice message or pda thing on the beach shore before it crashed and now its not there. none of the voice messages are on the island anymore and containers are open as though i already looted them when im at the point before when i barely arrived at the island. none of the items i found on the island are on me. I doubt i can progress through the story now as the pda was part of the main story. i really dont want to start a new game but how are bugs like these still around at this point? i get its new on the switch so im hoping it will be fixed soon, but even if it is, i doubt that will fix my save file. get it together pls.
  • geffifahgeffifah Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270623Members
    I've been a fan of the game for years and was really excited to get it on the switch! However, these past few days have been frustrating. I put about 12 hours into a save and finally got the cyclops before deciding to quit and play below zero. When i came back to my save on the first subnautica, it said the save was from jan 2015 and was unsupported. I then decided to just make a new game. After 11 hours and quitting, this time it doesn't say jan '15 or that it was unsupported, but now it won't load past 40% and errors out.. I really hope that this gets fixed soon; i'm not able to fully enjoy the game if i'm forced to play it from start to end in one session :(
    Yeah, at the moment I'm afraid to quit the game and hope, it won't crash at any time ^^
  • ChicaBandsChicaBands united states Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270620Members
    so a hotfix came out stating it fixed unplayable save games but my save game problem was not fixed. this is amazing. im pretty sure updates cant fix what im assuming is a corrupted save file so i guess i have to start from scratch after having put in 11 hours in my first game. fantastic work guys keep it up!
  • adam_barnesadam_barnes Join Date: 2021-05-26 Member: 270665Members
    edited May 2021
    Game: Below Zero on Nintendo Switch. About 32 hours of game time.
    Game crashes almost every time I try and save.
    I really want to like this game...but getting Cyberpunk 2077 flashbacks.
  • nici22nici22 Join Date: 2021-05-29 Member: 270813Members
    I've been waiting to play subnautica for two years now,
    I've already started playing on the switch now it's out,
    I have an 18+ hour save file and now it's not letting me get back into it
    the save loads to about 40% and crashes, stating it's a software error
    even after the update two/three days ago, it's not loading back in
    the last time I saved, I was in the containment facility in my prawn suit,
    if that has anything to do with it
    is this happening to anyone else? is there an easy fix I'm missing?
    I really don't want to lose my progress
    nici22 wrote: »
    ...in my prawn suit...
    I guess that's what causes the problem.
    Everytime you save while you within a vehicle (Seamoth, Prawn, Cyclops) the chance of getting a corrupted savegame is pretty high.

After a couple attempts I'm almost through the game after round about 30 hours and never got a corrupted savegame anymore.
    You just need to get out of the vehicle before you save.

Maybe they bring out a oatch to fix broken savegames.
    Just be patient and cross fingers...
  • SNps12SNps12 EU Join Date: 2021-05-29 Member: 270819Members
    Después de 14 horas de juego, construí la piscina lunar, metí dentro el seamoth construí la estación de mejoras de vehículos y guarde la partida. Al cargar partida el día siguiente el juego se cierra cada vez que intento entrar en la piscina lunar; solo pasa con este objeto, ya que me deja avanzar por todo el mapa sin problemas. Ahora mismo no es un gran problema, ya que aunque no puedo usar mi seamoth (el cual guarde en la piscina) puedo usar el prawn, lo que si me resulta un problema es la estación de mejoras de vehículos, pues tengo entendido que algunas mejoras son necesarias para avanzar en el juego, y llegado el momento de necesitarlas queda bastante claro que no podre seguir jugando. Sería de gran ayuda que arreglaran este error.
    P.D. el lugar donde tengo la piscina es en el bioma donde esta la cápsula salvavidas, justo al lado de ella en una pequeña explanada, informo de esto por si el bioma tuviese algo que ver; también intentaré construir otra piscina lunar en otro sitio.
    "SNps12-Después de 14 horas de juego, construí la piscina lunar.
    creo que es evidente, pero por si acaso informo de que si, es la versión de switch

"SNps12"-Después de 14 horas de juego, construí la piscina lunar.El juego se cierra cada vez que intenta entrar en la piscina lunar
    Respecto al error anterior, encontré una solución provisional (en caso de que a alguien le pase lo mismo o de que sirva de ayuda para un posible parche). No tenía muy claro que podía intentar hacer, primero pensé en construir otra piscina( cosa que no intente por falta de materiales) así que decidí usar el prawn para inundar la base y entrar en la piscina una vez inundada, esto último funciono, entonces probé a sacar el seamoth y arreglar la base, y tras esto el juego ya me permitía acercarme, entrar, o salir de la piscina sin problema.
    El error entonces, debe ser que la piscina no puede tener vehículos dentro.
  • jonejone Join Date: 2021-05-24 Member: 270592Members
    The recent update fixed my corrupted save (in cyclops) but I recently saved in lava biom with prawn suite and it is now corrupted again...
  • manseeverardmanseeverard Join Date: 2021-05-29 Member: 270828Members
    Ok, so what the heck is going on? Who is testing this stuff? Bought this game as gift, she had 30+ hours of gameplay (with newest patch that was suppose to fix these issues). Now her save data is damaged (she saved in the starting pod btw, not any vehicle), she can load the game but ALL of her progress is GONE and her game has been switched from freedom to survival. Is there any chance of getting the save back my fellow devs? And no, downloading cloud save didn't help.
    ...ALL of her progress is GONE and her game has been switched from freedom to survival...
    Yeah, I also experienced the mode switch bug after a couple hours after a crash.

Hope this will get fixed soon.
  • drobphddrobphd Join Date: 2021-06-10 Member: 271228Members
    I'm in the same boat this is so frustrating!! I had 30+ hours on my game and it stopped loading two days ago right after a switch update came through. It freezes at 40% every time on the load screen and then crashes! When can we expect a fix for this?? Wouldn't be so mad except this is a rad game and I want to continue!
  • GEKGanonGEKGanon Join Date: 2021-05-30 Member: 270861Members
    The developer is aware of the Prawn suit save issue, and is presently working on a patch. It may have already been submitted to Nintendo for certification.
  • BeesenitchBeesenitch Join Date: 2021-06-12 Member: 271276Members
    Is this getting fixed anytime soon?

What a massive PITA.
  • hailstorm95hailstorm95 Join Date: 2021-06-15 Member: 271343Members
    I had almost 40 hours of progress and saved in my Cyclops, now every time I load the game it says that the software has to close because save is corrupted. REALLY hope this issue is fixed because I'm not starting over.
  • JackyboiJackyboi Join Date: 2021-06-15 Member: 271347Members
    Hi I was playing for 10 hours and had a base built. I was building a moonpool, but it kept glitching and acting like I was building it (I heard the sounds of the habitat builder and saw the lasers come out of it - but the percentage wasn’t going up). My habitat builder ran out of energy so I made a new battery and came back. When I tried to deconstruct the moonpool, it let me. But once it reached 20% (it had been at 80% before deconstruction) it stopped working. Then the game completely crashed and on my screen it said “there was an error in the software” or something similar to that. So now I was on the home screen of the switch, after having been logged out. Now every time I load in subnautica, I am able to load in the home screen and choose the game I want to play. But when I am actually loaded into the world I’m playing on, it exits me about in about 5 seconds so I don’t have the chance to do anything. Please fix this bug as I am unable to play because I always get exited out to the main menu.