Saved Game Gone

BakermanBakerman Join Date: 2021-04-27 Member: 269499Members
Anyone else get to the loading screen on launch day and find out their saved game was gone?

I like the game enough to play it again but I'd rather not have to. Is there a fix for this?

Comments

• argel1200argel1200 Join Date: 2021-05-15 Member: 270094Members
    edited May 2021
    Nevermind. Don't think I Saved from the menu. Wish it would keep an autosave when entering a base.
  • matrix704matrix704 Join Date: 2021-05-16 Member: 270136Members
    Different issue, but I can't post for a day so I'm piggybacking this thread,

(FOR SUBNAUTICA BELOW ZERO)
    I was listening to a voice log when the audio bugged out on me. It kept playing the last half a second it just played over and over again. At first I thought it was a feature but then I found out I couldn't listen to any voice logs even though all the other audio seemed fine. I decided to save and restart and hope everything would be fixed. After I successfully saved, the game wouldn't close so I was forced to force restart my computer and upon logging back in, it said 'damaged save game' and plopped me in right at the beginning. I lost five hours of progress and I really don't want to have to start from the beginning. It'll be a slog to do it again. Has anyone else had a similar issue and can help me out? Thanks!

By the way, I already submitted a ticket in game but I figure I'd comment on here because it said they don't often get back to people on the in game reporter.
  • BakermanBakerman Join Date: 2021-04-27 Member: 269499Members
    Indeed. I submitted in game with a bright red frowny face but I doubt they'll get back to me personally.
  • LunnaticLunnatic Ireland Join Date: 2021-05-19 Member: 270335Members
    I have the same issue. I want to create a bug post and you have to wait a full day to create after creating your account. I mean come on.
  • bikeking8bikeking8 Join Date: 2021-05-18 Member: 270286Members
    Also have this problem. It's been more than a day and I still can't post a new topic on here, the support email is only giving automated replies, and the Discord channel won't help. Upon loading my save game near the extended bridge that needed a hydraulic canister where I left off in my prawn suit looking at the bridge, the prawn suit, sea truck and ALL HUD markers are gone (starting base isn't even coming up on screen, seaglide is only giving message in red of "Signal Lost"). Also, it looks like all the game-log entries (research, blueprints, etc) seem to have reverted to an "unread" status with the yellow plus signs. I've attached what I can, the savegame zip is too large, though.

lwsekf8m26dv.png
    d7cwhu9i8bh4.png
  • CamousCamous Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270634Members
    Below Zero PS5 player here. Today the game first started to throw up errors while I tried to save. Then as I was playing the game crashed randomly, as it does routinely every few hours. However when I restarted my PS5 and tried to load my game there was no load option, just start new game.

I can see that there is still a savegame there in the Ps5 storage, but the game does not acknowledge it. Seems the game has managed to corrupt its own save game.

This is very disappointing, I was a few hours from the end game. I have little hope that anything can be done, but I may as well ask, can my game be salvaged?

Also, I am very dissatisfied with how buggy this game is. It crashes constantly and does not auto save, so you lose all progress through no fault of your own. And now this save game glitch really elevates the game from buggy to unacceptably broken.
  • djmitchell705djmitchell705 Join Date: 2021-05-27 Member: 270718Members
    Yeah my 48 hour save just disappeared for no reason on ps5. Just made me not want to play at all or buy below zero.
  • babyfacekiller1982babyfacekiller1982 Join Date: 2020-12-10 Member: 265980Members
    Me too, 30 hours, gone.... Never happened in my life. Oh yes it happened one time, on the first subnautica. Full me once shame on u, full me twice shame on me. Won't be any third time. Unknown wolrds, i love your game but i'm not sadomasochist. It unbelievible that you can't learn form your previous games. I simply don't understand why they keep only one save game slot. I know this game crash all the time, i do save every 15 minutes, i'm ok with that. But if the save is corrupt, let me at least upload another one! Or give me the trick to try to use the save that's in the ps5 cloud.
  • PaulusDWPaulusDW Join Date: 2021-06-02 Member: 270980Members
    Did anyone get back to you? I have just tried to start the game and my save file of many, many hours is not showing up.
  • babyfacekiller1982babyfacekiller1982 Join Date: 2020-12-10 Member: 265980Members
    no, i don'k know where to ask though