Maps in Game's folder

13»

Comments

• BumbleweedBumbleweed Join Date: 2021-04-26 Member: 269467Members
    Amazing - you're a magician!

Works like a charm!

(FYI for anyone else trying - it looks like levels 1-15 don't contain any useful data, only 16-24 seem to have data)
  • JanWalterSlukaJanWalterSluka Czech Republic Join Date: 2021-05-06 Member: 269749Members
    I did use Asset Studio to extract the world geometry chunks and did few renders. If someone knows how to find where to place which models it would make the Below Zero bay render much better as most of the landscape is models as opposed to world geometry making the render look very bare.
    t8mhzlentpza.jpg
    nmvtwun8jpjb.jpg
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    I did use Asset Studio to extract the world geometry chunks and did few renders. If someone knows how to find where to place which models it would make the Below Zero bay render much better as most of the landscape is models as opposed to world geometry making the render look very bare.
    t8mhzlentpza.jpg
    nmvtwun8jpjb.jpg

I had seen someone working on a more detailed map render that would include assets such as large flora and bases, but it never got done. Could try asking around the modding discord server for help/info.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    hhrhhr wrote: »
    Yes, below Zero has slightly changed the mesh format. I rewrote the script with these changes (therefore, it should not work with the original Subnautica).

https://gist.github.com/hhrhhr/ee63fbcd280f6110cc2f8184da857964

In the same commentary there is a link to statically compiled Lua 5.4 for those who have difficulties getting Lua for Windows.

Ah I see now. Thanks for the updated version. Now all I need to figure out is how exactly the best way to line this up with the biome map colors is