Anyone has problems with Eye Jelly ?

permeakrapermeakra Moscow/Russia Join Date: 2020-08-18 Member: 263386Members
I mean, seriously. Fuck those things.

I parked my seatrack in the bay near Phi R.C. , minded my own busyness, going thorugh storage modules for resources to build my new base then my sea truck goes boom. What the fuck? Have to painfully park my track half-afloat. But then the effect of water surface is present in the truck and it makes me sick.

Comments

• Remedy85Remedy85 NY Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252581Members
    I haven't had this problem -- they do annoying chip damage to your truck as you are getting there, but I've never experienced them killing my vehicle after I've left for land.
  • ayozhenayozhen españa Join Date: 2020-05-03 Member: 260643Members

I had the same problem and I had to park in the background, and destroy all the jellyfish around,
    I use a translator
  • Remedy85Remedy85 NY Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252581Members
    Weird -- there can sometimes be a Jelly near where you leave your vehicle -- but I went there so many times in my playthrough and never had a problem with my vehicle being randomly destroyed after leaving it.
  • Smoke3723Smoke3723 AU Join Date: 2021-03-02 Member: 268043Members
    I had this happen to me, too, but only on my 2nd run. Lost the whole fully-upgraded seatruck and all the additional modules. Now I only traverse the Eye Jelly zones in the Prawn.
  • GeneticusGeneticus Las Vegas Join Date: 2021-03-04 Member: 268101Members
    According to the Description they live in DEEP water, yet they float all over the surface in Glacial Bay.... At the very least we should be able to chuck a bottle of Visine at them to get them to go away because their eyes have to be red and painfully dried out poking out into the cold air like that.
  • KyzarvsKyzarvs UK Join Date: 2019-08-08 Member: 254142Members
    I made a base under the bridge with a Moonpool - no worries. They are attracted to any noise you make while underwater, but they don't damage a docked craft and a couple of knife hits and they dive away anayway...
  • ranmafanranmafan Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236837Members
    Touching their tentacles deals quite a lot of damage to you, but they should not actively hunt you.
    They ARE attracted to your vehicles though...
    I've never had trouble with them before though. I normally just park next to the docks.
  • KyzarvsKyzarvs UK Join Date: 2019-08-08 Member: 254142Members
    ranmafan wrote: »
    Touching their tentacles deals quite a lot of damage to you, but they should not actively hunt you.
    They ARE attracted to your vehicles though...
    I've never had trouble with them before though. I normally just park next to the docks.

They definately swim towards you slowly whenever you are underwater - even if you are in a tube / moonpool and not actually in the water and when swimming. My last playthrough I built a base that spanned the bridge area and every now and again I'd go and whack 'em with a knife as they would crowd the moonpool exit. It's very slow, but they do come for ya.