Xbox 360 Controller Trigger Buttons Reversed

2»

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    One player was able to solve controller issues with the Steam Client beta:
    JerryT944 wrote: »
    The solution for me turned out to be unrelated to the game itself. I was playing on the Steam platform and apparently Valve had recently pushed out a change to the Steam client that broke controller support for Subnautica. The fix was to request access to the current Steam client beta program. Once the beta client was installed most of the controller issues resolved. I still had to swap the trigger buttons, a minor issue, but otherwise it was golden.
  • budafukobudafuko Join Date: 2021-02-10 Member: 267603Members
    well i am not even using steam and i still have this issue. i notice it has been a problem since at least 2019 so i'm guessing the devs have just stuck up the middle finger and decided not to fix this
  • budafukobudafuko Join Date: 2021-02-10 Member: 267603Members
    actually i realized something. in the settings the controller was set to xbox 360 and sn30pro has been updated to be more like an xbox one controller i realized this in my device manager. so when i set it to xbox one it worked properly
  • WhatInTheScrumDiddlyWhatInTheScrumDiddly Join Date: 2021-02-11 Member: 267632Members
    I just reset the game, it worked for me. Or, try redownloading the game.
  • txgeckotxgecko Join Date: 2021-03-01 Member: 268020Members
    I play with a controller on PC because keyboard controls make my hands hurt. I bought this game specifically because it was advertised as having controller support, but thanks to this issue I can't get past the first minute of the game, at best. Trying to navigate the settings to rebind the messed up keys is hellish because none of them do what they should, and sometimes I start the game up and the controller wont respond at all. I have tried all of the "fixes" described in this thread and none of them work. This is ridiculous. I'm on the verge of requesting a refund from steam.
  • Skyray87Skyray87 Join Date: 2021-03-20 Member: 268397Members
    edited March 2021
    Same problem as txgecko. My controller x-box one works for a while, after which it refuses to respond (for example, after pressing RT). The game itself works, but the controller does not respond to all buttons, except for pressing the right stick. The game is great, but I don't see the point of playing it without a controller. If the problem cannot be resolved, I will have to request a refund.
  • AnastomosisAnastomosis Join Date: 2021-04-17 Member: 269204Members
    edited April 2021
    First time playing. This bug is still present through the Epic Game Store version. The below workaround by thejessenobody works like a charm.

1. Add the game as a Non-Steam Game to your Steam Library. (You use the Subnautica.exe from your installation folder)
    2. If playing from the Epic Store you will need to add to Launch Options.
    3. Right click your Subnautica icon, go to properties and click "Set Launch Options"
    4. add "-EpicPortal" without the quotes as a launch option so that Steam knows to launch game from Epic Store.
    5. Go into Steam settings - Controller settings and make sure you have both "Xbox Configuration Support" and "Generic Gamepad Configuration Support" checked.
    6. You may or may not need to launch game from Big Picture Mode - not certain but I use that from my couch when playing.
    6. Launch game thru Steam.
    7. Enjoy!

EDIT: But now the Right Stick won't look up/down :(
    EDIT 2: Looks like the Right Stick doesn't work regardless of the L/R Trigger fix :(:(
    EDIT 3: Had to reset the Right Stick's sensitivity level for some reason. Apparently I can't post the Reddit thread where I found the fix, but hopefully this is my last edit =P
  • phononphonon USA Join Date: 2021-04-23 Member: 269397Members
    edited April 2021
    I am running the Steam version(s) and have the same bugs, with an Xbox Elite controller. The Left Trigger and Right Trigger seem to be randomly reversed, as well some some odd behavior with the Right analog stick.

This behavior is in both Subnautica and Subnautica:Below Zero. There is some core controller compatibility issue with Steam.

I was able to fix this in my case by disabling Steam Input, under each game's "Properties - Controller" in the steam library.

Just right-click on the game, select properties, then controller. There will be an option for Override, and select Disable Steam Input.

Hope this helps!
  • Washy83Washy83 Canada Join Date: 2021-04-26 Member: 269471Members
    Tried the above as well and didn't work. Joined up just to point out I just noticed this issue on steam today while not using VR for the first time. Tried different fixes mentioned here nothing worked. Decided to try booting it up in VR and low and behold the problem doesn't exist!
    Why would this be?
  • PlaykiddkPlaykiddk Join Date: 2018-11-12 Member: 244671Members
    edited May 2021
    I'm not sure if this is related, but when using the scanner, the game illustrates you need to push RT. Which does nothing, as LT is the button you need to push.
    Not gamebreaking, but a tad anoying.
    (Using a Series X controller).
  • AmstrumAmstrum Join Date: 2021-05-20 Member: 270420Members
    I don't know if this works for everyone but I went into steam library, right-clicked, manage, controller, and disabled Steam input for the game.
    Reloaded the game and it's working fine, I have had trouble with Steams input on other games and disabling it seems to work for me, I think it's a steam issue more than Unknown Worlds.
    Could be wrong of course lol, but anyway, this worked for me.
  • SairiSairi Netherlands Join Date: 2021-06-01 Member: 270941Members
    I had this issue all of a sudden, verifying gamefiles fixed it for me