Below Zero -- Suggestion (Spoilers)

Remedy85Remedy85 NY Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252581Members
At a certain point, I think you should give the player a marker to get ALAN.

Yes, I know there's pulsing alien artifacts that call attention to that area, but I missed a turn and completely missed him so much so that I had the maximum depth modules and had explored both above ground areas and found every area with his body in it but could not figure out how to open the forcefields.

ALAN is just too critical to the game to not give the player a stronger hint that you need to find him to get clues/advance in the story IMO. Once I found him, so much of the game made so much more sense.

Comments

• HerobrinesbestminionHerobrinesbestminion Join Date: 2019-12-07 Member: 256209Members
    edited January 2021
    even if you get a wrong turn you can find your way by going forward.... I really don't want to be mean but to miss him..... they already made it better with telling you there's something and the signal.... you can't mark everything in an EXPLORING game!
  • a_mousea_mouse Join Date: 2020-12-24 Member: 266300Members
    I don’t think finding alan is too hard. What bugs me is that he just gives you a whole list of beacons, instead of more subtle clues about where everything else is.
  • Remedy85Remedy85 NY Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252581Members
    edited January 2021
    even if you get a wrong turn you can find your way by going forward.... I really don't want to be mean but to miss him..... they already made it better with telling you there's something and the signal.... you can't mark everything in an EXPLORING game!

Going back I was totally stupid for not finding it, but if I didn't find it others will probably miss at as well. Just feedback for the devs -- it's easy to not make the right turn and go explore other areas. Like I said, I had every depth module, vehicle, and resource before googling and back tracking to that location.

I know it's an exploration game, but I was just giving a nod with something that kills your exploration so early on if you miss it -- maybe give a signal if you missed it. You can disagree all you want.
  • keeelokeeelo Join Date: 2021-01-04 Member: 266564Members
    I have to agree with herobrinesbestminion, I started the game blind and found Alan very quickly. The alarm that doesn’t stop if you’re in the area and the PDA telling you it’s coming from around 200 meters deep seems like enough in my eyes. The first game had you finding almost everything yourself with the exception of the lifepods and a couple other sites
  • Remedy85Remedy85 NY Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252581Members
    keeelo wrote: »
    The first game had you finding almost everything yourself with the exception of the lifepods and a couple other sites

The first game wasn't as linear exploration/story wise though. You could explore bioms in any order without getting blocked for the most part, unless I am not remembering correctly. If you didn't explore one area it didn't ruin exploring the rest of the game -- this part is just too critical.

• rcf31415rcf31415 Join Date: 2021-05-19 Member: 270340Members
    I think the issue here is Al-AN is too deep. I had this issue too, got the signal and figured I would go down when I had better diving equipment and then got invested in the Sam plotline and forgot about it.