Subnautica: Below Zero Stranger Pings Update - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
imageSubnautica: Below Zero Stranger Pings Update - Subnautica

A new update has arrived for Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access. Uncover the mysteries awaiting you in Stranger Pings, with new clues to investigate in the abandoned Alterra bases, unlockable...

Read the full story here

Comments

• NantanglorNantanglor Join Date: 2020-08-14 Member: 263258Members
    Hi All!

I've been really enjoying the game, but since the Salad Days update, honestly I haven't played. Before that I progressed quite far, but all my savings were lost. Will this update also delete the save files? Is there any way to keep the saves and add them back after the update?

Thank you in advance and keep up the good work! The game is amazing! :)
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    @Nantanglor They may not get deleted, but they probably won't be usable. In an early access game like this, I wouldn't get attached to any particular session of the game. Kind of a bummer but that's how it goes in the early access world. :/
  • korakkkorakk Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255326Members
    I've been playing Below Zero steadily since the first EA release. With this update the game no longer launches - it crashes on launch before even loading anything visible. I don't see the splash screen, loading screen, nothing - Steam tries to launch the game, I see a title bar in the Windows toolbar, then the Subnautica title bar disappears and the Steam launch button switches back from "STOP" to "PLAY".
  • Mike_WheelerMike_Wheeler Join Date: 2020-08-14 Member: 263276Members
    Anyone notice the Stranger Things reference in the title and the title's look? Nice to knoe that they also watch the series! If you havent seen it, it is a must watch for anyone who is a fan of Steven Spielberg's films and is the best TV show i've watched yet. Also love subnautica and cant wait for below zero to come out of early access!
  • virtualdonvirtualdon Join Date: 2019-11-22 Member: 255783Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer
    korakk wrote: »
    I've been playing Below Zero steadily since the first EA release. With this update the game no longer launches - it crashes on launch before even loading anything visible. I don't see the splash screen, loading screen, nothing - Steam tries to launch the game, I see a title bar in the Windows toolbar, then the Subnautica title bar disappears and the Steam launch button switches back from "STOP" to "PLAY".

Have you tried verifying your game files on Steam? I'd recommend trying that to see if it resolves the issue.
  • KeroroKeroro Thailand Join Date: 2020-08-15 Member: 263283Members
    After last update, I can't play below zero. When I open the game, it shows black screen and wording "Loading..." all the time. I try to reinstall and verifying game files 2 times but nothing happens. So, how I can do that ?
  • damnhuhdamnhuh Join Date: 2020-08-15 Member: 263294Members
    I have the black screen with LOADING on it. You can hear sound playing from the game, but nothing ever happens. I have verified my game, and have deleted and reinstalled the game with no effect.
  • korakkkorakk Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255326Members
    virtualdon wrote: »
    Have you tried verifying your game files on Steam? I'd recommend trying that to see if it resolves the issue.

Thank you! A bit disturbing, but somehow I had a corrupted file. Fixed and working now.

• NantanglorNantanglor Join Date: 2020-08-14 Member: 263258Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    @Nantanglor They may not get deleted, but they probably won't be usable. In an early access game like this, I wouldn't get attached to any particular session of the game. Kind of a bummer but that's how it goes in the early access world. :/

Thanks, you are probably right. Can't wait for the full release :)
  • ExemptorExemptor Russia, Anapa Join Date: 2020-09-04 Member: 263774Members
    When is the release expected?
  • KimmeryoKimmeryo Join Date: 2020-09-11 Member: 263908Members
    I like a lot of the stuff you've added, including seeing the "legs" of base parts in experimental. But please, for the love of all that is holy, bring back the old Booster Tank. I liked the risk/reward element of spending oxygen to go fast or even being able to constantly boost on the waters surface, but now all that is gone. It increases my speed by 0.5m/s under water, costs way too much oxygen, and can't be used even close to the surface. If you guys insist on removing the Stasis Rifle AND the best means of escape outside of the Seatruck, I can't in good conscience support this game any further, and will hassle you for a refund until it is given